Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

it doesnt work!

Transtar

Bluelighter
Hi, I've got a question about a friend of mine. She has tried ecstasy 3 times now, once at new years 2001, then again 2 months later, and now again at utopia, but each time it has no effect on her. I know these are quality pills (yonnex, red HQ and BB), because they work great on me and all of my other friends.
The usual loved-up, euphoric effects are not felt at all by her and I was just wondering if this was something we could fix. Has anyone else experienced this or heard of this at all?
Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.. thanks
------------------
why drink & drive when you can roll & fly?

I know a couple of diebetics that have very little effect because they never get the rush (Mainly because they get it all the time) but they still get loved up.
FARK can't figure this one out considering the pill.
It might help if you can advice how she took the pills ie halves, quarters. Also does she eat a lot before hand etc.
------------------
To the one you feel in the metronome of your mind.
Does it offend you that our rhythm looks strange.
Or causes your thinking to be re arranged.
Could it be that you would understand this beat to which we dance
more clearly had you been given a chance
So as you struggle to find the feel with your feet
Ask yourself can you dance to my beat!

Does your friend take MAOI antidepressants (mono-amine oxidase inhibitors I think)? I beleive antidepressants of this type stop the seretonin being released, and the person won't roll at all. Thats my only explanation. If she is taking antidepressants, take a read through the FAQ threads where I'm sure there's plenty of info on the subject

er you are thinking of SSRIs. MAOIs are very seldom perscribed anymore, and they are strongly contraindicated with MDMA, so much so it's not that she wouldnt roll, she would be dead in fact.
once again PLEASE CHECK YOUR FACTS BEFORE POSTING.

MOAI + MDMA = Inhibits Monoamine Oxidation of serotonin, a process which would otherwise "deactivate" the neurotransmitter. This being absent, and mass ammounts of serotonin being released due to the MDMA, quickly leads to excessive serotonin build up, resulting in serotonin syndrome and perhaps death.
SSRI + MDMA = Plugged serotonin reuptake transporters, inhibiting the dissemination of MDMA throughout the brain, hence its reduced or lack of effect. However if this is taken during and not before the roll, SSRI's can also cause serotonin syndrome due to the fact MDMA has already stimulated serotonin release, and the SSRI stops it from being reuptaken.
Don't fuck around with either of these before rolling.
------------------
The woods are dark and deep, and you have miles to go before you sleep...
[This message has been edited by -Thoth (edited 09 May 2001).]
[This message has been edited by -Thoth (edited 09 May 2001).]

my brother suffers similar effects although i roll hard, ha ha
i beleive it's his mood and not being able to let himself go and get into the drug.
no matter what i say or try it doesn't work. nothing not even dilated pupils for the lad. doesn't know what he is missing out on hey!

I have had exactly the same experience as your friend. I have tried pills a few times and they never have any effect on me. I have previously been on antidepressants but not at the time of having any e's. The only time I felt anything was one batch which everyone else who had them called 'smacky'. I would therefore imagine that it was the non-mdma ingredients that I could feel. I fear that your friend will just have to enjoy other things. Tho if she does find a way to make them work I would be curious to know what it is.

Maybe your friend should try alternate methods to however she has tried already. I've heard that if you are pissed off and really stressed then the pill can't be expected to lift your moods totally and put you in a state of euphoria. Some rollers i've talked to have said that if you've had a shitty day, under a lot of stress, the e won't be as effective and so on.
But i'm still a newbie, so i'm not really a guide to go by :p
smile.gif
frown.gif

------------------
I have the body of a God,........Buddha.

One of my good friends didnt get any effect (according to him) from the first 2-3 pills that he took. but the last ones he had at adventjah had him well and truly chopped
smile.gif

I still cant figure out why the first couple didnt work. (they were decent & he isnt on medication)
I can agree that if they wont let themselves go, or are conciously *waiting* for it to come on it can dull the roll.
Maxi

when you are on SSRIs and you stop for a week it will still reduce your roll, it takes months after you stop having antidepressants for mdma to reach its full potential. (according to a mod in Med Q&A who has been on SSRIs). check out the dancesafe slideshow to learn why SSRIs have a greater affinity to the reuptake transporters. http://www.dancesafe.org/slideshow/

Remember what happened on Dawson's, Andy (?) had an e the size of a 50 cent piece and she almost died, cos she was on a MAOI.
Nick
smile.gif

hmmm regardless of how many shortfalls Dawsons has dude, they got that one spot on.
MAOIs + E don't mix. underline that one kiddies. get it tattooed on your forehead if you must.
as for the lack of effect...
hmmmmm these ones are always dooosies.
I have a theory about pre-rolling mood and also impatitiance. it goes a little like this.
whenever i am really happy and cheerful for 2 or so days leading up to a roll, i -always- roll harder and longer and have a much better time. my theory is that since you are already in a good mood, your serotonin is already "ampted" (sorry for the lack of medical term!) thus mdma even more enhancers that effect.
i have been out with a few people who seem just way to impatient for the roll to start, and they seem to suffer from that. even to the point of restlessness and -almost- anger (like not anger as in swearing and shit, but just really impatient) at waiting for something to come on. i have found just dropping the pill, then maybe sit around talking about this and that.. some sort of topics that will last a good half hour or so (hehehe world politics and the sliding aussie dollar are faves) like movies, music and things that start getting you in a really good mood regardless, really helps.
hmmm hope that doesn't sound like a fatload of shite, coz hehhee that end bit did as i wrote it.
but i hope you get the jist of what i am saying.
maybe try taking pills in a different environment (such as home or in a secluded park) where you are not surrounded by people that the person in question may not be comfortable around. some people just can't let themselves go tho. i had a g/f like that actually.. she just -had- to be in control on herself at all times. drugs were just not her thing. i respect that. she made that decision based on her own feelings that thats sweet.
maybe its the same here.
but i've rambled on long enough (geez you'd think i was scattered...)
hc

thanks for the responses guys.. shes not (and never has been) on anti depressants.. i suppose we should just accept that it doesnt work for some people and let it be?
the only weird thing is, she experiences all the usual comedown effects.. cant eat, sometimes cant sleep.. and her pupils dilate a bit during the time when she is supposed to be peaking..
so what can this mean? that it mean she is rollin' but she doesnt know it? or that it works, but its not strong enuff for her to feel it? shes a small girl, by any standards, so i refuse to believe that a yonnex (or hq or bb) is too low a dose for her!!
we've tried telling her to close her eyes ..not thinking about it, shit like that..and we know shes in a good mood each time shes dropped.. cos for my other friends and i, it just happens after 30 mins or so.. even if i was to fight it, i know it would still fuck me up real good..
------------------

thanks for the responses guys.. shes not (and never has been) on anti depressants.. i suppose we should just accept that it doesnt work for some people and let it be?
the only weird thing is, she experiences all the usual comedown effects.. cant eat, sometimes cant sleep.. and her pupils dilate a bit during the time when she is supposed to be peaking..
so what can this mean? that it mean she is rollin' but she doesnt know it? or that it works, but its not strong enuff for her to feel it? shes a small girl, by any standards, so i refuse to believe that a yonnex (or hq or bb) is too low a dose for her!!
we've tried telling her to close her eyes ..not thinking about it, shit like that..and we know shes in a good mood each time shes dropped.. cos for my other friends and i, it just happens after 30 mins or so.. even if i was to fight it, i know it would still fuck me up real good..
------------------

------------------

------------------

Transtar wrote: so what can this mean? that it mean she is rollin' but she doesnt know it?
Could be. A friend of mine swore blind he couldn't feel a thing, even when he double dumped a versace and a rolls royce, and he looked pretty straight to us. We realised he was off guts when he pulled a cone, passed out and came to 10 seconds later asking when we were going to head out to the club. We had been in the club for 2 hours. He still to this day acts fairly straight even when peaking but he says he feels it a lot more now that he knows what he should be feeling. He also says he used to be scared of letting go and going with the feeling because he hates to be out of control. Now he knows he won't be hauled away in an ambulance (touch wood), he just relaxes and lets it happen.
I'm not saying you should dose your friend up, but maybe she could try having a cone or a bulb to bring it on, or my old favourite - a shot of cointreau?