• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Clonazepam - How long to peak?

Supeudol

Bluelighter
So regarding Clonazepam, how long until it fully kicks in (peaks)?
I find this benzo to take a longer time to kick in then most benzo's.

Is this the opinion of other people as well?

Its about an hour before it begins to kick in. About 2-2.5 hours to PEAK (like, maximum effects begin to kick in)

It can take up to 4 - 12 hours to peak, depending on the individual.

Well I ended up taking 6mg of Clonazepam a long with 0.1mg of Clonidine. Wasn't enough to knock me out. Now I've just dosed some GHB as it has been about 7-8 hours later. Hoping to knock me out for a bit as I could use some sleep.

I could really use an Oxy 80mg right now. Too bad I'm broke and they cost about $40CDN each here.

Last edited:
I think peak is such a weird term to use when talking about clonazepam. I find even with fairly large doses, I don't feel it come on or wear off.

I'll echo what others have said though, I think it takes about 45mins-1 hour for it to start working.

for me, about 2 hrs. till peak and 10-12 hours for (peak)duration. clonazepam is a nice, LONG acting benzo which is why i love it.

Well I ended up taking 6mg of Clonazepam a long with 0.1mg of Clonidine. Wasn't enough to knock me out. Now I've just dosed some GHB as it has been about 7-8 hours later. Hoping to knock me out for a bit as I could use some sleep.

I could really use an Oxy 80mg right now. Too bad I'm broke and they cost about $40CDN each here.

wow that sux only 20 in ontario - manitoba.not that i do that anymore..

I think peak is such a weird term to use when talking about clonazepam. I find even with fairly large doses, I don't feel it come on or wear off.

I'll echo what others have said though, I think it takes about 45mins-1 hour for it to start working.

i have to agree with this i took 4 about 2 hours ago and like you i dont feel effects at all.
The peak to me is my heart finaly slowing down abit,the drug doing its job and subsideing my anxiety,but no real peek as persay to other drugs.
Took my 8mgs clones and 60 mg temazepams and another 20 5mg nozinans and feel nuthing ,haven a glass of wine rite now to relax..

Clonazepam is a much milder benzo, so yeah the peak effects are felt within a couple hours but IMO the peak isn't nearly as noticeable as you would get with a short acting benzo like xanax. I suggest switching to a short acting benzo if you're really looking for "peak" effects.

This next bit is sort of anecdotal, but I'll add it anyway.

It's pretty much unanimous amongst us that the effects of benzos are usually subtle, when speaking of clonazepam this is quite so. But, if I have even 1-2 drinks (I CAN DRINK btw) I can go completely berserk

Clonazepam is a much milder benzo, so yeah the peak effects are felt within a couple hours but IMO the peak isn't nearly as noticeable as you would get with a short acting benzo like xanax. I suggest switching to a short acting benzo if you're really looking for "peak" effects.

Clonazepam is not a much milder benzodiazepine compared to the other benzodiazepines. Believe me, it is stronger than the majority. If you go naming other anxiolytics you'll realize it is stronger. You also have to realize that everyone reacts different. Clonazepam is more sedating than most. Think of all anxiolytics like Lorazepam, Oxazepam, Clobazam, etc. all weaker.

The OP has a previous tolerance (addiction) to benzodiazepines so it will take a lot more to get the desired effects. I believe he said it has been 6 months. Well, it takes longer to lower the tolerance to benzodiazepines, probably at least a year. Benzo tolerance is a bitch.

The effects of Clonazepam take roughly 1 hour to kick in, the peak is roughly 2.5 hours...lasts a while and the duration is roughly 10-12 hours.

yeah clonazepam is NOT a weak benzo. it is in the class of potent nitro-benzodiazepines, along with nitrazepam and flunitrazepam(roofies). people label it "weak" because it doesn't have very strong hypnotic effects or a quick onset to peak, but clonazepam is one of the strongest benzos around(esp. when it comes to anti-anxiety power).

not sure about the peak, but I usually take my clonazepam under the tongue, and within 10 minutes or so I feel a cool rush. By cool I mean, like pepermint cool.

For me I feel the first effects at about 20min and the effects reach their 'peak' at around 1hr 30min.