Ultra 2011, MIAMI MARCH 25th, 26th 27th

ChemicalSmiles

Ex-Bluelighter
Yes I know its a little early for this thread but since tickets go on sale TOMORROW, I feel its appropriate to start the discussion now.

Will the fest stay at the same place? Will each day start at noon and end at midnight... will the first day start at 4 like usual? will they have a shit load of repeats this year? will deadmau5 not suck this year? will they raise prices of water even more as well as food? will they search this year? lol

Anyways you can tell im excited. my predictions for Ultra 2011. Now this is my list.... its a little competetion im having with my buddy... I know there will be more djs than I have listed but couldnt think of anymore... and for every one you are wrong, you lose a point every correct you get 2. if the mc or special guest is right you get 0.5 pts... lol anyways

NSFW:

tiesto
deadmau5
marcus schossow
bassnectar
swedish house mafia
carl cox
crookers
green velvet
rabbit in the moon
busy p
uffie
boyz noise
bloody beetroots (live as deathcrew 77)
josh wink
donald glaude
afrojack
diplo
a trak
steve aoki
orbital
moby
flying lotus
mimosa
fedde le grand
qbert
rusko
caspa
Planet of the drums (dieselboy, dara, ak1200) (this only counts as 1 though)mc messinian for 0.5 bonus points!
baby anne
Erick Morillo
Groove Armada
Above & Beyond
Dirty South
Fake Blood
Erol Alkan
David Solano
Evol Intent
Wolgang Gartner
Mix Master Mike
Pretty Lights
Skream
Benga
Papparazzi
Excision
Datsik
Timo Mass
Umek
Boy 8 Bit
Plump DJ’s
DJ Icey
Jelo
Tommy Lee & DJ Aero (counts as 1 but if SOFI is there with them I get half a bonus point!)
Glitch Mob
Felix Da Housecat
Will.i.am
Uberzone
Armin Van Buuren
Paul Oakenfold
Gareth Emery
Underworld
Orbital
Doctor P
Douster
Benny Bennassi
Markus Schulz
Daft Punk
Richie Hawtin (or aka Plasticman, he plays under both names)
Sasha & Digweed (only counts as 1 if they play together)
Eric Prydz
MstrKrft
Infected Mushroom
MGMT
DJ DAN
Subfocus
Robbie Rivera
Funkagenda
Nero
Sander Van Doorn
Calvin Harris
Ghostland Observatory
Laidback Luke
Disco Biscuits
Green Velvet
Breakbot
Andy C (w/ mc GQ 0.5 extra points for getting the MC correct)
Luciano
LA Riots
Skrillex
Drop The Lime
Jack Beats
Ac Slater
Chuckie
12th Planet
Chase & Status
Erol Alkan

only $120 for early bird? AND ITS 3 DAYS?! its almost too good to be true. I'll definitely be ready at 10am tomorrow.

the info got leaked... and the on sale date was a rumor... a BIG one. but WMC says that within 3 days they are posting all the info on the official site.

still no ticket information/details on WMC's or UMF's website, wonder what is going on?

WMC posted two facebook updates; both teasers essentially.... last year the early birds went on sale November 18th. if they aren't on sale by the end of the month I will be shocked.

Early bird tix sold out !!""" 3 days.This is gonna be huge. There will be countless amount of artists playing

ASOT 500 will be held at ultra it is armins only stop in the u.s. for his world tour. It will be on sat
. I am pretty damn sure ultra will be all his on Saturday, he is bringing a lot of his armada artists.

There are lots of news updates on Google about ultra btw 58th most popular search in the past hour.

Here is some news update happening online now! !

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/crossfade/2010/11/artists_react_to_wmc_2011_date.php

Last edited:
So does anyone have any advice on hotels that are cheap in the 100-130 a night range? I'm gonna be coming from New Orleans this year.

Book early hotels are very pricey that weekend.. just Google cheap hotels in Miami beach. That's how I search them

So does anyone have any advice on hotels that are cheap in the 100-130 a night range? I'm gonna be coming from New Orleans this year.

yes I do know of a hotel. The one I stayed in last year. Check it out. Its about 4 miles from the venue if u split a cab between two people its like 11-5 bucks each id say... They have a free breakfast buffet @ 6 am thats pretty good. Only thing that sucked was the tv has like 5 channels and 2 were in espanol. But I wasnt in miami to watch tv so it didnt matter, we were barely EVER at the hotel, just for sleep and breakfast buffet/shower lol... or shots before/pre game whatever.

Really hoping daft punk gets a headlining spot on the main stage last night.

Bump. Who else is excited for ULTRA!!! :D

In the process of booking a hotel atm

ultra is going to be so amazing i went there last year and it was my first year...im so pumped my hotel and plane is booked...now just waiting for the festivies start....i hope daft punk gets booked as well

SOOO PUMPED!

Tickets purchased, plane booked.

But my friends are dragging their feet on the hotel .. *grumble* I hope the prices don't go up too much in the next week/two.

On a side note, how much are cabs from the grounds to the South Beach hotels?

^roughly 20 if you're just trying to cross the bridge. a little more if you have to go up 20+ blocks. you're way better off staying downtown instead of on south beach. also, you better book your hotel NOW. i was calling around 2 months ago and all the cheaper stuff was booked. I'm staying here for $250 a night, but its 4 stars and across the street from the park. you can't beat that :)

dude what are the hours of the event?? can't find that anywhere! what time does it start/end?