• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Rooki meth smoker has questions

shangel

Greenlighter
i only been smoking meth for 6 months, i reallly like it cause i feel it helps my deppresion, but i m panicking aabt some body changes that i m so not used to and if i should go to the doctor.. i can give yall info but first want to see if anyone willing to educate the rookie lol

Well, meth is known to cause weight loss, insomnia, high blood pressure, rapid heart beat and chest pains, damage to teeth (or "meth mouth"), and damage to the liver and kidneys with extended chronic use. Check out this diagram for more info. I had a heavy meth addiction for years, and it made me extremely pale and skinny, and has caused major problems with my teeth - I have badly receding gums and a couple of my back teeth are rotting. What symptoms are you having?

ok well for one i am late on my period, cramping, i get high but i still be fatigue and hungry, also odor down there when i never have had a smell and its grossing me out, i m not sexually active so i know its not any std unless its a bv but ya and a nasty wut i thought was a pimple i popped on my nose now looks like a big red nasty ughhhhh and my face is flawless and could i be pregant

^You're the only one who can determine whether or not you're pregnant. Things like skin problems are par for the course with meth use, don't expect them to get better while you keep using meth.

Meth will also make your depression much worse over time, as one of the many effects brought about by its neurotoxic nature. If you are going to do meth, you should take antioxidants and other supplements before and after doing meth.

Primarily I recommend selenium as an antioxidant, but don't take more then 200 or 300 mcg. per day, because exceeding 400 mcg in a day results in toxic effects. If you are having worrying health problems then yes, you should talk to your doctor.

Meth is also bad for the pancreas.

Last edited:
I'm no genius here, I'm just gonna state the obvious. Using meth to improve your depression is extremely counterproductive towards your ultimate goal of long-term happiness. It's only gonna pull you back farther than where you started from, and I hope you quit. At least for chronic and self-medicating purposes.

Meth is known to fuck your body up in a lot of ways. I find that all junkies have a certain "twang" that tells you they're a junkie. But, people who use meth tend to suffer from way worse symptoms. People who use heroin, and who aren't total junkies are hardly noticeable, or it's hardto differentiate them from a normal rough looking dude. Meth just seems to take a way worse toll on the body in so many ways. You can spot a meth addict in a second. My advice, again, is to quite, and try other medicine for your depression. Just my opinion. Good luck bro

well i have been taking vitamins and pill that cleanses your system but thx for the info on the selenium and make my deppression worse? i mean i feel like i interact more with my house chores and etc and cook for my kids and am more energitc appose to jt crying all day in my bed

well i am a girl, but thx keif, i only been doing this for six months and i m not likeing wut is doin to my body, and i am crying as i am typing this but i dnt know who else to turn to... and i rather catch myself before it ends up worse than wut it is.. right now noone can notice it on me besides i lost a little weight but i used to drink alot and i have told people i quit drinking but really repalced alcohol with meth, but i still keep up on my hygiene and etc

i am n ot here to justify smoking meth i am here to get information, really my drug of choice is x pillsand snorting cocaine when i am on party mode, but i only been doing this for 6 months and if this is wut meth does then right not while i am not a "so called HEAD" or "tweaker" or ADDICTED to this drug then yes i agree i need to find something else for my deppresion but i appreciate everyone honesty and if you have more info i m greatful for it

well i have been taking vitamins and pill that cleanses your system but thx for the info on the selenium and make my deppression worse? i mean i feel like i interact more with my house chores and etc and cook for my kids and am more energitc appose to jt crying all day in my bed

It makes your depression worse because it kills brain cells that enable happiness and functionality. It's a very good idea to quit now. It will help your depression while you're on it, but you can't be on meth forever and eventually you'd need very high doses to get the same effect anyway. Meth harms your ability to function and be happy in the long term. You sound ok now, but I strongly advise quitting. The problems with your body (and mind) will only get better if you quit using drugs that make them worse. There is no non-toxic way to use meth, antioxidants and such help but the meth will still harm your mind and body, it'll just do it a bit less.

If you feel you need to use a drug to help your depression (I'm in the same boat), then you should use one that won't harm your brain. I recommend an MAOI (I recommend moclobemide because it doesn't require a special diet). Personally I treat my depression with cannabis and find it works well, but to each their own. I also take Phenylalanine which I recommend to you if you do quit because it really gives a good energy boost that even feels a bit like an amphetamine. I also find that it's an excellent antidepressant. Meth is seriously one of the worst drugs you could choose to use as an antidepressant, there are much more effective and safe ones out there.

If your situation is that dire, I suggest you see a psychiatrist. Explain your symptoms and get a prescription for an SSRI (I find them to be the best). You might even get prescribed a benzo, for emergency purposes or whatever. Anyway, meth is not the way to go, seek medical help. Your life sucks now, sure, but adding an addiction to the symptoms you already have will really fuck things up for you. Not everyone says nice things about anti-depressants, but they work for some people, including myself. Regardless of arguments for and against, it's worth a shot. It's your best bet in my opinion, and from your point of view, it seems things can't get any worse

ya, thx alot so who do i talk to abt my depression without saying i been using meth cause i dnt want noone to no really, and my body is producing this odor that is disgusting to me lol i am a very clean person and i m gaggin of my own odor and the whole weed i have done but i be getting tired and dorwsy and paranoid also and just lazy so i have stopped but dam i never knew meth was this bad i tell ya i have done pills extasy and coke and never have i experienced this body crap wtf is in meth is like only six months i can only imagine being on it for years fuck that i am not tryn to ruin my beauty and my life and if i am pregnant i hope i have not damaged my baby i really hope i havent, i havent smoked today but i have smoked continously for the last month and when i finishd last night i said i cnt keep doing this for one i might be pregnant for 2 this bump on my nose looks disgustting so ya today i feel somwut ok just a little =irritated

If your situation is that dire, I suggest you see a psychiatrist. Explain your symptoms and get a prescription for an SSRI (I find them to be the best). You might even get prescribed a benzo, for emergency purposes or whatever. Anyway, meth is not the way to go, seek medical help. Your life sucks now, sure, but adding an addiction to the symptoms you already have will really fuck things up for you. Not everyone says nice things about anti-depressants, but they work for some people, including myself. Regardless of arguments for and against, it's worth a shot. It's your best bet in my opinion, and from your point of view, it seems things can't get any worse

I find that MAOIs are worlds better then SSRIs, SSRIs always have made me feel really zombified and emotionless. SSRIs also cause dependence, so I would recommend trying some drugs that aren't addictive before jumping on the SSRI bandwagon. I do recommend talking to a mental health professional. MAOIs have always increased my energy and functionality (whereas SSRIs decrease the formed and make the latter better in some ways and worse in others). MAOIs have always made me feel more happy, whereas SSRIs have always made me feel less depressed but not more happy, just emotionally dulled.

Also, if she is into ecstasy then an SSRI is a bad idea because she'd have to quit every time she wanted to do E, or stop doing E because SSRIs are hard to quit after a while. She'd have to quit an MAOI before rolling too, but I don't think MAOIs cause addiction in the same way that SSRIs do.

Also, I'm not saying SSRIs are bad for everyone. I hate them. But they really work well for some people and if it's what works for you then it's a good idea. I'm just saying that, because non-addictive options exist, SSRIs might not be the best first choice of medication. I think an MAOI and maybe cannabis should be tried before an SSRI. This is especially true for high CBD strains of cannabis, as CBD has been shown to be a very effective anti-psychotic and I feel that it has fewer negative side effects then SSRIs. It's also a better antidepressant than SSRIs for me, but everyone's different.

ya but when i roll is more to party and meth i am using to function better with my kids and home, otherwise i jt cry all day in bed like today but again todays my first time not smoking in a month and i beleive i might be pregnant , i am really lost and now reading all this stuff u guys are telling me is making me more emotional and to be honest i wanna call my dealer but i am not and i just hope i am not pregant and i dnt have noone to freaking talk to, i am abouts to go crazy

2 Good Options

shangel, you may want to get a check up anyway and just be honest with the doctor. Worse case scenario is he tells you that you need to stop using meth. Big deal. He's not going to call the cops and have you arrested. You could have liver problems, although it could be a number of different things so please don't get all paranoid because you really have no idea what it is until you get examined. You should be fine if you're just starting to experience symptoms if that'll sooth your soul.

I started doing the same thing 6 mos. back but this is really a relapse. I used meth for years and other stuff too. Today it does nothing for me at all except keep me from going thru withdrawels. I get no high whatsoever.

So Keif Richards, I have to disagree with you there on what you said ( "....You can spot a meth addict in a second. " ) I have all my color, my normal weight, all my hair, no meth mouth, good hygiene, don't stutter or act sketchy (non using friends who know I use tell me so) I have a decent job (selling advertisement) which puts me in front of ppl all day and on the phone constantly along with a quota I have to meet each month, I have money in the bank, a nice car, live in a nice neighborhood, I have a loving family and good friends (non users mostly), I do all the things a lot of addicts don't get to do or want to (family stuff, barb ques, outings etc.), very little drama (we all come across idiots once in a while...lol), and people have no idea whatsoever that I'm a daily user. I use a lot too. I probably spend between 120-150/wk. I don't care if anybody does that per day, what I do is still a lot and too much. It's a wonder why I'm still here. Nobody except a few nonusing friends even suspects my use because I work hard at it. I have it down to a science practically! lol but you're probably just speaking in general right?

I do have sharp chest pains, numbing & tingling in the center of my back, a sharp pain in my left hand, and parts of my legs get twitching or feel wierd..like atrophy or somthing. Bad stuff I know but those are my worries.

Anyway, shangel, if you're pregnant, ESPECIALLY you need to stop. Not only for the sake of not wanting to harm an unborn fetus, but social svcs step in and it's over. Just some friendly advice.

If you're not sure where to go, then are a couple of options that have worked for me in the past, and they still should be working for me if it weren't for me being so gotdamned stubborn and harded! lol When I thought I had ADHD & manic depression, I went to a shrink and he priscribed Effexor (Venlafaxine) and it worked great! No high, no wierdness or no serious side effects (bizzare ass dreams though! lol). I took it for a year and never needed it again even though he said I would have to take it "for the rest of your life." BS

The other thing I would recommend is any of the 12 step programs out there. They all work great. I don't care what anybody says. I went into them kicking and fighting thru the court systems and resisted the whole way thru. When I finally got tired of that then someone helped me and when I listened and did what they asked me to do then for the first time in my life I was able to stop using and actually feel good about it! I'm not talking about brief periods of 3 mos. or 6 mos., I'm talking about 3-5 years and up (I'm and older guy). Sure I've had a few relapses here and there and fortunately I'm still alive, but man when I used their program all sorts of good shit started happening! I kid you not! Regardless of what others say, I found it. The only problem is, is ME. I keep getting the way of my own program. All the same bad traits addicts have, I got too and then some. So we'll see what happens if I make it this time.

I don't think they allow us to post links here (am I mistaken?) but if you want to look that up on Google, just type in NA or AA meetings and they'll connect you to your areas. Good luck and let me know what happens.

Last edited:
If you need someone to talk to about your problems I recommend posting in The Dark Side. The folks there can be really helpful. It's hard to quit but it's the only way to make your situation better. I think you should go to a psychiatrist because you sound like you're dealing with fairly severe things. If they do give you an SSRI you need to read about Seratonin Syndrome. SSRIs need to be stopped a while before doing ecstasy, but if you are a daily SSRI user then addiction develops and it's not so easy to quit for a few weeks and then start again. Mixing ecstasy (or meth) with an SSRI can cause severe problems and death. Stay strong, stopping meth is the first step to making things better and you can do it, no matter how hard it seems. If you are seriously planning on not using again, you should delete your dealer's phone number.

shangel, you may want to get a check up anyway and just be honest with the doctor. Worse case scenario is he tells you that you need to stop using meth. Big deal. He's not going to call the cops and have you arrested. You could have liver problems, although it could be a number of different things so please don't get all paranoid because you really have no idea what it is until you get examined. You should be fine if you're just starting to experience symptoms if that'll sooth your soul.

I started doing the same thing 6 mos. back but this is really a relapse. I used meth for years and other stuff too. Today it does nothing for me at all except keep me from going thru withdrawels. I get no high whatsoever.

So Keif Richards, I have to disagree with you there on what you said ( "....You can spot a meth addict in a second. " ) I have all my color, my normal weight, all my hair, no meth mouth, good hygiene, don't stutter or act sketchy (non using friends who know I use tell me so) I have a decent job (selling advertisement) which puts me in front of ppl all day and on the phone constantly along with a quota I have to meet each month, I have money in the bank, a nice car, live in a nice neighborhood, I have a loving family and good friends (non users mostly), I do all the things a lot of addicts don't get to do or want to (family stuff, barb ques, outings etc.), very little drama (we all come across idiots once in a while...lol), and people have no idea whatsoever that I'm a daily user. I use a lot too. I probably spend between 120-150/wk. I don't care if anybody does that per day, what I do is still a lot and too much. It's a wonder why I'm still here. Nobody except a few nonusing friends even suspects my use because I work hard at it. I have it down to a science practically! lol but you're probably just speaking in general right?

I do have sharp chest pains, numbing & tingling in the center of my back, a sharp pain in my left hand, and parts of my legs get twitching or feel wierd..like atrophy or somthing. Bad stuff I know but those are my worries.

Anyway, shangel, if you're pregnant, ESPECIALLY you need to stop. Not only for the sake of not wanting to harm an unborn fetus, but social svcs step in and it's over. Just some friendly advice.

If you're not sure where to go, then are a couple of options that have worked for me in the past, and they still should be working for me if it weren't for me being so gotdamned stubborn and harded! lol When I thought I had ADHD & manic depression, I went to a shrink and he priscribed Effexor (Venlafaxine) and it worked great! No high, no wierdness or no serious side effects (bizzare ass dreams though! lol). I took it for a year and never needed it again even though he said I would have to take it "for the rest of your life." BS

The other thing I would recommend is any of the 12 step programs out there. They all work great. I don't care what anybody says. I went into them kicking and fighting thru the court systems and resisted the whole way thru. When I finally got tired of that then someone helped me and when I listened and did what they asked me to do then for the first time in my life I was able to stop using and actually feel good about it! I'm not talking about brief periods of 3 mos. or 6 mos., I'm talking about 3-5 years and up (I'm and older guy). Sure I've had a few relapses here and there and fortunately I'm still alive, but man when I used their program all sorts of good shit started happening! I kid you not! Regardless of what others say, I found it. The only problem is, is ME. I keep getting the way of my own program. All the same bad traits addicts have, I got too and then some. So we'll see what happens if I make it this time.

I don't think they allow us to post links here (am I mistaken?) but if you want to look that up on Google, just type in NA or AA meetings and they'll connect you to your areas. Good luck and let me know what happens.

hey i agree, i have majority of my friends only smoke weed i hang around people that are like gangstas and woman that are high maintance professional and have been high around them and noone can tell b.c like u i seen people at they worse and i have learned to master it. i just am tripping abt my lower pains in my belly and why when i am high i still be tired and hungry and of course being late, i was just hoping someone would tell me is the meth and u paranoid but i am just gonna go get chked cus ya i already have 2 kids and if i am i am not tryn to damage my baby.. i dnt believe i have a addiction i just am running from the stress of lives and prob will go over to the dark side and see wut they talking about.. life is taking a big toill and i tend to maks m y feelings with prior was alcohol and now is meth cause i can actually function and i feel more accomplished byt the end of the day, and i actually feel like a better mom i know it sounds odd but being a drunk is so bad. but i need to just chill and face my problems but as far as addicted na,, i have even smoked crack before for about 6 months i was blessed with a strong mind and will so now that i am seeing everyones views i know wut to do,

Yeah a strong mind. People say addicts don't have will power and that's far from the truth. It takes a person with a lot of will power to keep doing the shit despite what's happening around them and to them. If you're anything like me or like most addicts or alkies then you know about being the most stubborn person on the planet.....lol, though generally intelligent, just not always great about making good choices.

Do it til you ready to quit and get help. Hopefully you survive. You do what you gotta do til you're ready to stop. That's just the way it is. Good luck.

you know on meth u feel like every muscle and nerve is pulsating and your whole body feels tensed up? well after 10 hours of that its going to have adverse effects on your body
everyone needs food,water,and sleep to operate..and meth decreases the desire for those NEEDS
so when u arnt eating or sleeping but still zooming like the enegizer bunny then u need to stop and take a break

meth is like a "thing" that goes to your dopamine/serotonin/aderdline banks and takes out a HUGGE LOAN..and once u come down your banks are empty and ovverdrawn and that is were your brain is looking for that "feel better" feeling

if u want to be a good and energetic mom try using some of the "energy enhancers" they have at gas stations.. the days after being sprackled i get Stacker 2's cuz they get help keep me focused until my body gets back on track (not good if u are food deprived though)

I've done meth more than half my life but just started smoking it it's by far more addicting and the effects on your body and quality of life seem to be intesified I'm more depressed comin down than I was when coming down from iv coke I assure u it will only make your life hell jus might take a min wished I was still rootin up rails instead of smokin bowls

It makes your depression worse because it kills brain cells that enable happiness and functionality. It's a very good idea to quit now. It will help your depression while you're on it, but you can't be on meth forever and eventually you'd need very high doses to get the same effect anyway. Meth harms your ability to function and be happy in the long term. You sound ok now, but I strongly advise quitting. The problems with your body (and mind) will only get better if you quit using drugs that make them worse. There is no non-toxic way to use meth, antioxidants and such help but the meth will still harm your mind and body, it'll just do it a bit less.

completely agree, i have no doubt that it helps your depression when you're ON IT, but as soon as you're not, its even worse than before..i really suggest quitting altogether, no occasional usage either. wish you the best of luck