• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax issue

shoolameet

Bluelighter
So yesterday my girlfriend filled her script for 120 2MG Xanny bars. She is supposed to take 2mg 4 x day.

Well the second the script got filled at 9am she popped 5 and got pretty fucked up and when we got back home at 1030am she snuck another 5 behind my back. We ended up getting into a fight because I was pissed that I had to babysit her and that she looked into my eyes and lied to me about the 5 she snuck (don't get me wrong, I love me some bars too, but I have never taken enough to require monitoring nor have I ever lied to my girlfriend about my using.)
After the fight I left around 330pm and stupidly left the pill bottle with her as she promised she wouldn't take anymore, and like a dumbass I believed her.

Well when I returned at 730pm she was more plastered than when I left and when I counted the bottle another 40 sticks we gone meaning she took 50 throughout the course of the day. Needless to say, I was livid about the lying and worried about what she might do while so high and out of her mind... I wasn't worried about her ODing as I know this is difficult to do with bars, but I was still kinda scared for her safety.

I left to go home a little later and took the pill bottle with me, which resulted in her going crazy and even more out of her mind.
I came back at 9am today to check up on her and she was still plastered. I left around 11am and returned around 1pm and still she was nodding hard as hell.

I know the Xanax half life is 4-10 hours, but I imagine with that much the half life is probably going to be significantly altered (considering she is still so fucked up and still passed out at 330pm; I am kinda just trying to get her to sleep this all off.)

Finally getting to my point (sorry for the extensive backstory,) but my questions are:

1. Any idea around when she will come down from this stupor?
(If this info helps at all, she is thin - 140lbs and 5'10" - and somewhat fit, so I assume that means she would come down sooner than someone who is pretty overweight with a slower metabolism.)

2. I know when she starts withdrawing there is the possibility of a seizure which she has had in the past, so when would be a safe time to give her a .5mg to keep withdrawals at bay. I want to wait until she is down from the high to do this, but before active withdrawals start to kick in, but I don't know what a good time frame for that would be.

Thanks so much for your help guys, because I am really worried about her and never dealt with anything like this before (and I was a benzo addict myself recently.)
And sorry again for the long post, thanks for taking the time to read.

holy shit, if she took 50 2mg. bars throughout the day and lived(we're talking 100 mg. of xanax), .5mg. won't keep the withdrawls away. find the lowest dose that will stop withdawls, and give it to her in less than 24 hours after her last dose wears off.

also, the massive dose she took should wear off after she wakes up from passing out(although she may be still "off" due to the half life).

however, after reading this i strongly suggest finding professional help. it seems your gf has a SEVERE benzo problem, and detoxing with a taper schedule with a long half live benzo(ex. diazepam) in a medical setting in case the withdrawl process should go bad. really, downing 50 bars in a day, she NEEDS to detox safely with medical professionals.

good luck and i hope she comes out of this o.k.

Holy fucking shit, 100mg of alprazolam over a 24 hour period? I am really surprised she is not dead. Shit even 10mg alone would make me black out and wake up 2 days later wondering what year it is. You really need to get her some help, cause I'm afraid if she continues eating bars like candy, she will not be around too much longer. And yea .5mg is going to do absolutely nothing for her.......she will probably need at least 2-4mg every 4-6 hours to keep her somewhat stable.

And are you sure she didn't sell some? Because I'm sorry, I don't see how it is possible for someone who weighs 140lbs to consume that much xanax without going into a coma or dying from major respiratory depression.

yeah she seriously needs professional medical help and supervision while detoxing. it sounds like the WD could kill her at this point.

damn, benzos can be evil drugs...

yes, the threat of death from her withdrawaling is very real at this point. like....no joke. she needs to taper down slowly so that she doesn't go into a seizure or anything.

Wait, so she takes xanax daily? How is that possible if she finishes her script in a week? Wouldn't that mean that she goes without benzos anyway for a week or so a month? Or is this the first time she's taken this many?

I need more information to explain what I think will happen, and 100mg of xanax probably wouldn't kill a twelve year old without a tolerance, they'd just go to sleep for a long time. The LD50 is very high with xanax.

So lets say she does take that shit daily and now she just fucked herself over, just taper her down to what you know will last the whole month for her. If she takes 8mgs daily and has been, I don't think she'd get a seizure from lowering her dose. As long as its in her system I don't think she'll have a seizure. Try to see if she has enough for 3-4 mgs daily.

Are you sure she didn't pocket the 40 to pop as desired?

I give my fiance my Adderall rx to store elsewhere and dole out to me b/c i can't regulate myself around them...BUT i pocket and hide 1/4 of my rx to take over the next 3-4days...

I have a strong feeling she was concerned you were going to take the bottle and she may have hidden a handful...this is just speculation tho.

I personally would get her to a hospital...100mg is playing with what could quickly become a life or death situation.

Tell her doctor. make her suffer...
Honestly, cold turkey is the best way to quit, and I don't see why you'd do drugs like that anyway... lol. Unless you were addicted of course.
But if it kills her, cold turkey may only be the second best option.

cold turkey is not the best way to quit when it comes to Benzos, or alcohol.

both of those drugs seriously can cause death from withdrawal. real bad seizures first, then death.

and yeah, I too have asked my mom to hold onto my perc 10/325's when I got a factory bottle of them scripted to me (100), but before I gave them to her, I just emptied a bunch out into my pockets because I knew she woudln't count what was in the bottle. I feel bad because I let her dole them out to me so she'd think I was doing good and stuff, and here I was lying, and keeping almost half the script to take as many as I wanted while she thought I was only taking what she was giving to me.

cold turkey is not the best way to quit when it comes to Benzos, or alcohol.

both of those drugs seriously can cause death from withdrawal. real bad seizures first, then death.

and yeah, I too have asked my mom to hold onto my perc 10/325's when I got a factory bottle of them scripted to me (100), but before I gave them to her, I just emptied a bunch out into my pockets because I knew she woudln't count what was in the bottle. I feel bad because I let her dole them out to me so she'd think I was doing good and stuff, and here I was lying, and keeping almost half the script to take as many as I wanted while she thought I was only taking what she was giving to me.

This is why it's the second best option for quitting. I was speaking healthwise too, not enjoyability. Unless you have been on very high doses for a very long time, I don't think weening is usually the best idea.

Tell her doctor. make her suffer...
Honestly, cold turkey is the best way to quit, and I don't see why you'd do drugs like that anyway... lol. Unless you were addicted of course.
But if it kills her, cold turkey may only be the second best option.

cold turkey from severe benzo addiction can kill. suggesting her to tell her doc and "make her suffer" is a cruel and stupid idea.

i've detoxed off benzos, if you were in that situation you'd have a completely different opinion...

You need to take her to the emergency room. Or, find 300mgs = 100mg 3X Day of Phenobarbital and take her later. This will hold her off till you get her to the hospital.

Regardless you need to take her asap. She will seize like no one's business.

I've been scripted Zannys for 10 years.

I take 2mg before bed. I don't want to take anymore than that as it knocks me right out!!

I keep reading about taking her to the hospital and helping her withdraw.I haven't read anything that says this girl WANTS to withdraw.This is a common thing with people on benzos,taking too much when they first get the scrip and running out early.8 mg. a day is the maximum dose (as far as I know) so it seems your girl knows how to manipulate doctors to get what she wants.

Yes,benzo withdrawal can and does kill,but without the girlfriend wanting to stop,there is not much the boyfriend can do.Unless he wants to incur her wrath by telling her doctor and then he won't have a girlfriend to worry about.

What kind of stupid moron would perscribe xanax so easily and tell them to take 8 mgs a day?!

That doctor is a fucking MORON and you need to never see that dumb ass again.

My doctor started me at 0.5, and worked my way up from there. Can't believe what a fucking moron that guy is seriously, what state do you live in? Id love to know if the doctors there as they are when I lived in WY

If she took 50, that means there are 70 left from the 120. That ought to be plenty to last for a month. If she was taking 8mg a day (that's what she was scripted), it's going to be uncomfortable for her but that's the price you pay when you eat almost half a month's script in one day. I know, because I've done that myself albeit only a #60 script and not a #120.

I would plan to give her 2 bars (4mg) a day. That would be 60 for the month. The other 10 you can hold back for extreme emergencies... like if you see her starting to shake or twitch. Chewing up half a 2mg bar (1mg) ought to provide some quick immediate relief. As the month goes on, the need to do that should become less frequent. Do NOT give her any of those 10 just to relieve general anxiety. It is a given that she's going to experience plenty of that over the next month. Her regular 4mg/day is going to have to suffice for anxiety that is not life threatening. Good Luck!

Damn thats a monster tolerance. Thats like 100 millies of xanax, Dam I hope shes ok Ive never had Xanax WD's , But I guess there pretty scary , Ive heard of people seeing people that werent there, All kinds of crazy shit like that.