• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax issue

Well first off I have the script now so I intened on giving her .5mg-1mg until she is completely down and no longer nodding at all (it's 2 days after the incident and 2pm and she is still slightly nodding, but not nearly as bad as yesterday or the night she took them.) I gave her .5mg lat night before bed around 20pm and another .5mg today around 2pm. I refuse to let her go into withdrawals, I know that they are deadly. Like I said I have suffered from benzo addiction myself and I have experienced the exremity of the withdrawals.

Once she is completely down I will use her script to continue giving her 2mg in the morning and 2mg at night and that should be plenty to hold her over considering she has had to make 2 bars last 2 weeks in the past and managed to not get sick (don't even ask me how... someone is clearly watching over her.)

I found out she did sell 5 of them meaning she took 90mg, not 100mg... which I know isn't all that much better.
However in the past I know she has taken worse... 200mg in a 24 hours period and she didn't die or even OD so 90mg ain't even that bad considering her past experiences and ginormous tolerance.

It's just that once she gets that script in her hands she doesn't know when to stop, so the next time I drive her to the doctor I will be the one getting the script, not her.
Also, like I stated before xanax alone is extremely hard to OD on when it is not being mixed with alcohol, opiates, or soma and none of those were in the picture.

The reason her doctor doesn't care about her situation is because he partially doesn't know all the details and because they kind of know each other so he always is willing to hook her up, and I told her if that situation doesn't change I am going to report him to the DEA.

I know how to do a benzo detox and I offered to help her with one or help her get into a facility, but she absolutely refuses... she claims she isn't ready, which I know is the typical addict response because I have used the same excuse a million times. I even tried to convince her to go into an outpatient program to try speasking to a threapist, but again she refuses

She also said she refuses to let this end our relationship and agreed to let me hold her scripts everytime she gets a new one and if she goes back on that word then that's it, I am done and it would make me so sad to think of that being the reason that breaks us up.

Also, yea while 90mg is a lot it will deifnitely take more than 10 hours to wear off (... clearly 36 hours later and there is still a slight nod going) and to be honest I don't even think they ER would do shit other than lock her in a psych ward or worse just let her just walk away with another script and that sure as fuck ain't happening under my watch. A detox on the other hand I would be ok with, but like I said she refuses.

Thanks for all the advice ad once again taking the time to read.

Apparently the body does develop a relatively high tolerance for xanax and pretty quickly too. I remember when i used to use it a football would mess me up but within 6 months it took me 3.5 bars and 22 oz bud light chaser to get started. I do recall waking up in my sleep sweating a few times when I finally gave them up but I never had seizures

Once she is completely down I will use her script to continue giving her 2mg in the morning and 2mg at night and that should be plenty to hold her over considering she has had to make 2 bars last 2 weeks in the past and managed to not get sick (don't even ask me how... someone is clearly watching over her.)

once she has tapered down DO NOT continue to give her more- 99.9% chance of relapse.

holy shit, if she took 50 2mg. bars throughout the day and lived(we're talking 100 mg. of xanax), .5mg. won't keep the withdrawls away. find the lowest dose that will stop withdawls, and give it to her in less than 24 hours after her last dose wears off.

also, the massive dose she took should wear off after she wakes up from passing out(although she may be still "off" due to the half life).

however, after reading this i strongly suggest finding professional help. it seems your gf has a SEVERE benzo problem, and detoxing with a taper schedule with a long half live benzo(ex. diazepam) in a medical setting in case the withdrawl process should go bad. really, downing 50 bars in a day, she NEEDS to detox safely with medical professionals.

good luck and i hope she comes out of this o.k.
100mg every weekend was the norm for me.

no comedowns,no seizuires,no tapering required.

just back to work on the monday.

good luck to your mrs.

only down side to xanax is the shit you do when your high on the stuff (god only knows??!!)

Just a quick update:

After about 2 days she finally came down and she is now doing much better.
I have been holding her script and giving her 2mg in the am, 1mg in the afternoon, and another 1mg before bed.

Thanks again for all the input guys. Oh and to pally pete, you are 100% right, what scared me most was the shit she was doing while high (being violent, nodding out with cigarettes, running into the middle of the street, and the list goes on.)

Hopefully this incident will never happen again since I intend on continuing to hold her scripts for a while. I know what it's like once you get that bottle in your hand and the outcome is never pretty.

Hey girl, I'm glad to hear everything is going better. I don't have experience with very very high dose benzos so didn't have advice, just wanted to say I'm glad you have things under control now <3

Cool stick to your plan dude, don't let her withdraw. BTW when i first read the amount of mg she took i had my mouth wide open. I fuck around with bars sometimes and 1 full bar still gets me in a NICE buzzing place. 45 bars or w.e she was taking would definitely land me in the police station, well actually i would be passed out for a couple of days.

good to hear everything's o.k., but i still highly recomend getting her in a program to prevent future problems.

yeah the thats the main danger on xanax.

not knowing what thefuck you are doing???

i have many a story to tell....

So yesterday my girlfriend filled her script for 120 2MG Xanny bars. She is supposed to take 2mg 4 x day.

Well the second the script got filled at 9am she popped 5 and got pretty fucked up and when we got back home at 1030am she snuck another 5 behind my back. We ended up getting into a fight because I was pissed that I had to babysit her and that she looked into my eyes and lied to me about the 5 she snuck (don't get me wrong, I love me some bars too, but I have never taken enough to require monitoring nor have I ever lied to my girlfriend about my using.)
After the fight I left around 330pm and stupidly left the pill bottle with her as she promised she wouldn't take anymore, and like a dumbass I believed her.

Well when I returned at 730pm she was more plastered than when I left and when I counted the bottle another 40 sticks we gone meaning she took 50 throughout the course of the day. Needless to say, I was livid about the lying and worried about what she might do while so high and out of her mind... I wasn't worried about her ODing as I know this is difficult to do with bars, but I was still kinda scared for her safety.

I left to go home a little later and took the pill bottle with me, which resulted in her going crazy and even more out of her mind.
I came back at 9am today to check up on her and she was still plastered. I left around 11am and returned around 1pm and still she was nodding hard as hell.

I know the Xanax half life is 4-10 hours, but I imagine with that much the half life is probably going to be significantly altered (considering she is still so fucked up and still passed out at 330pm; I am kinda just trying to get her to sleep this all off.)

Finally getting to my point (sorry for the extensive backstory,) but my questions are:

1. Any idea around when she will come down from this stupor?
(If this info helps at all, she is thin - 140lbs and 5'10" - and somewhat fit, so I assume that means she would come down sooner than someone who is pretty overweight with a slower metabolism.)

2. I know when she starts withdrawing there is the possibility of a seizure which she has had in the past, so when would be a safe time to give her a .5mg to keep withdrawals at bay. I want to wait until she is down from the high to do this, but before active withdrawals start to kick in, but I don't know what a good time frame for that would be.

Thanks so much for your help guys, because I am really worried about her and never dealt with anything like this before (and I was a benzo addict myself recently.)
And sorry again for the long post, thanks for taking the time to read.

Tell her to stick to her recommended dosage, you irresponsible persons, as prescribed by the 'physician'.

Tell her to stick to her recommended dosage, you irresponsible persons, as prescribed by the 'physician'.

not easy when you're severly addicted to them 8). addiction can bring out the worst choices and character in people, and simply "telling her to stick to her recommended dosage" is like asking a tree to get out of the ground and fly half way around the world.

also, that "you irresponsible persons"(its people not persons) remark was uncalled for. yes, abusing drugs is irresponsible, but everybody makes mistakes and this poor girl made one that is putting her life and relationships in danger.

show a little sympathy, this girl needs help, not being called irresponsible.