Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

WARNING. Ecstasy being laced with poison

MazDan

Bluelight Crew
Drugs cocaine and ecstasy laced with poison in Australia

* Exclusive by Kate Sikora Health Reporter
* July 12, 2010 12:00AM

HIGHLY dangerous batches of cocaine and ecstasy pills have hit the Australian market, with drug experts and police warning they had been bulked up with pesticides and lethal chemicals.

An international drug conference heard a worldwide shortage of MDMA had led drug manufacturers to turn to other chemicals to keep up the supply of ecstasy pills.

The same is occurring on Sydney's streets, with police detecting dangerous chemicals such as the de-worming pesticide levamisole - deemed too dangerous for human consumption.

At the same time, cocaine use was spiking. Drug squad head Detective Superintendent Nick Bingham said officers were arresting greater numbers of people for possessing the drug. It, too, was being been "cut" with chemicals.

Overseas testing had shown that toxic chemical MCPP was being used in cocaine to bulk it out.

The chemical is used to induce severe migraines and headaches to test the efficacy of medications.

"It is very, very dangerous because people don't know what's in the drugs," Supt Bingham said.

He said the social acceptance of cocaine among Sydney society was causing concern.

"We have certainly seen a spike in seizures and arrests of cocaine," Supt Bingham said.

"It's the first time we have seen cocaine seizures significantly overtake heroin, although it is still a small population of the overall drug seizures.

"[But] there's a hidden user group ... that we don't necessarily see and who don't generally come into contact with police or commit a crime apart from possessing and using cocaine."

There are calls to set up a warning system, with drug experts believing it could save lives.

National Drug and Alcohol and Research and training director Paul Dillon has returned from the international drug conference in Zurich, where many of the countries attending have a system in place to test drugs and warn users of their content.

"If we want to be serious about prevention, the more information we give users, research shows they change their behaviour," he said.

Please be very very careful out there everyone. Its being indicated this is not restricted to just Australia.

"If we want to be serious about prevention, the more information we give users, research shows they change their behaviour," he said.

Sounds to me like they plan to start giving bullshit, exaggerated warnings about very dangerously contaminated drugs to scare people away from drug use.

Unfortunately this is something of a boy-who-cried-wolf scenario. If large proportions of the world drug supply is actually starting to be contaminated with chemicals that are legitimately extremely poisonous, who's going to believe health authorities? They've fed us so much misinformation that we really don't have any reason to believe them. Some people are going to have to learn the hard way before most believe that this is happening.

On the other hand, it might not be that bad? I guess?

Sounds to me like they plan to start giving bullshit, exaggerated warnings about very dangerously contaminated drugs to scare people away from drug use.

I think you misunderstand.

Paul Dillon is saying that the government should be providing people with all the info instead of just saying ecstasy is bad for you.

haha..thats retarded and that just draws attention to themselves..what smart dudes

No reaction on test kit, when it`s piperazines, and if it`s added to the mdma/cocaine, you really can`t find it out.

Wait they are adding MCPP to Cocaine? Wait for what? Wouldn't it be easier to cut it with something else? This is really confusing.

While I don't doubt that the drug producers would cut their products for extra profits, this article reads like a propaganda piece by the government. While I haven't done MCPP by itself and I hate getting piped, I would hardly call piperzines toxic. I even find a small dose of BZP by itself to be decent if you what you are taking and are not expecting MDMA like effects. I don't know, perhaps MCPP is different.

No reaction on test kit, when it`s piperazines, and if it`s added to the mdma/cocaine, you really can`t find it out.

send your pills to ecstasydata.org

that is the only way to know for sure

then stock-the-fuck-up

Well since this is happening in Australia and if this is legitimately happening when do you think people in the US should be worried about E being cut with poison cause for all i know our batches are made here but could these batches possibly get shipped over seas?

Well since this is happening in Australia and if this is legitimately happening when do you think people in the US should be worried about E being cut with poison cause for all i know our batches are made here but could these batches possibly get shipped over seas?

If you read the article you would realise its happenning right now.

Sadly piperazines have hit the world over.

In the two years or so of doing MDMA i have never been given molly that i felt was adulterated with anything active.

I have probably eaten 20 separate batches of the stuff.

I see lots of bk-MDMA being sold as MDMA now.... I don't consider this to be right at all....

But i know and trust the people i get it from.

It must suck to be in australia, very high quality clean molly just kind of overtook pills in this part of the US and its been that way for a while. There are people who still sell and eat beans but there generally just the people who haven't met anyone with molly. Those who have tried it, and know where to find it, its all we eat simply because the molly is routinely so good that it makes people never want to go back to pressed pills and the sketchiness that goes along with it.

Unfortunately this is something of a boy-who-cried-wolf scenario. If large proportions of the world drug supply is actually starting to be contaminated with chemicals that are legitimately extremely poisonous, who's going to believe health authorities? They've fed us so much misinformation that we really don't have any reason to believe them. Some people are going to have to learn the hard way before most believe that this is happening.

On the other hand, it might not be that bad? I guess?

This is how a lot of people will feel. Even if this sort of scenario did hit worldwide, and came to my country, a lot of people would start dying because we haven't ever heard much truth about drug use, let alone enough to believe this isn't some bullshit to scare people off.

the whole system needs a overload.... i know mdma will never become legal, but the press is really gona feed off storys about ecstasy killing people and the shit people are taking has no mdma in it therefor it aint ecstasy.. ohh gosh i miss the days when it was avaliable everywhere anytime always quality