⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

the 1980s movie vault

18742153.jpg

I was born smack dab in the middle of 1990, I still love some movies from the 70s and 80s though.

Aliens

poster_aliens1.jpg

Full Metal Jacket

full-metal-jacket-dvd.jpg

Akira

cover-akira.jpg

Day of the Dead

brutal_day_full.jpg

and Evil Dead 2

evildead2bdcap2.jpg

are some of my favorite.

Santasangre.jpg

Santa Sangre is a 1989 Mexican-Italian surrealist horror film directed by Alejandro Jodorowsky and written by Jodorowsky along with Claudio Argento and Roberto Leoni. Divided into both a flashback and a flashforward, the film, which is set in Mexico, tells the story of Fenix (Axel Jodorowsky), a boy who grew up on a circus, and his life through both adolescence and early adulthood. Whilst still a child, he witnesses his mother Concha (Blanca Guerra), who is devoted to an armless saint, have her own arms cut off by her enraged husband, and is subsequently institutionalised in a mental sanitorium. Eventually leaving the facility as a man, he becomes his mother’s servant, literally acting as her arms, and is forced to commit the murders that she commands.
must see imo. wicked mix of bizarre and beautiful imagery. fans of surreal stuff like lynch or horror like argento you'll dig it for sure.

trailer

Possibly the most influential film of my childhood.

explorers774682.jpg

I love that. I didn't get to see it growing up, but caught it as I was sifting through various River Phoenix films. It's a pretty good watch, even as an adult who'd never seen it before.

Santasangre.jpg

must see imo. wicked mix of bizarre and beautiful imagery. fans of surreal stuff like lynch or horror like argento you'll dig it for sure.

trailer

Oooh, looks interesting. I like Argento, and you and I seem to appreciate a lot of the same shiz, Joe. :)

Dead By Dawn!

Dead By Dawn is definitely the better of the two. Though I still can't get over the brutality of the pencil in achilles heel attack from the original. Yowsers. Makes me squirm every time. It's definitely no competition for tree rape though. :D

I'm gonna mention Crimewave (1985)

crimewave.jpg

It's one of those films I tend to watch whilst stoned, and the overall feeling I'm left with is, 'huh?'. =D

I won't post the trailer cuz it sucks, but I will post a couple of my favourite scenes. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN1k-oN3k-g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQBXAG2yo7k&feature=related

the 2 above are in my top 10 list of all time.

I watch Raising AZ at least 2x a yr
MPW-39975