TDS Social Thread v. RIP tobala & junctionalfunkie, we love you both

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a few friends crash while using their phones so it doesn't really bother me, it's for the better.

^^ Really??? That's the first I've heard of that actually happening! Fair enough then.

^^ That is probably the most awesome post I've read all day!!!!
I LOVE both of those confectionery items!

...yes, I classify stim drinks as confectionery =D

Happy Summer Solstice everyone!!!

And Winter Solstice for all you southern hemispeherians ;)

this is some bull shit, its now illegal to talk on your cell and drive!

Even with a hands-free device?! Seriously?

That law went into effect in California last year. I don't know the stats offhand, but Maria Shriver (First Lady of California; Ahhnold's wife) got caught violating it a couple times... by paparazzi. :D I don't think she got a ticket.

Went into effect this year in Oregon. Oddly, people in Oregon are more pissed off about this than Californians. I guess it's because Californians are all used to looking like we are talking to ourselves on our headsets already. :D

I just throw mine on speaker if I *must* talk and drive - generally I only use it for navigation. Legal in both CA and OR. Although, I rarely drive.

I had to drive more than usual this past week, and it just reminded me of how glad I am that I almost never drive any more. Also: buying gas sucks. It smells bad, costs a fair bit, and just highlights how unstable our privileged lifestyle is.

I'm waiting for the study that compares the distraction effect of an in-car conversation (as in with a passenger) with a phone call. I find that the former is more distracting than the latter, but then again I almost never talk on the phone.

^^^

Been illegal in Chicago for awhile.

Anyways I lost power for three and a half days, got hit with a major storm and I was driving. Pulled over underneath a bridge and located a ditch in case a tornado touched down. Thankfully it was over in like 15 minutes.

All in all I have been doing good. Still have that appt to talk to my doctor about anti-depressants and or non-stimulant ADD meds.

Hey TDS whats happening I haven't been here in a while but I miss this place everyone is pretty cool. :)

I'm in the middle of detox from codeine and alcohol cold turkey, getting myself along with coffee and cigarettes right now and listening to some Funkadelic. :D

^^ Hey mate I've been thinking about you!! Your absence was noteable. Hoping that you're doing okay <3

Yeah I'm good I started taking my medication and stuff after my friend passed away, I talked to the psychs and they put me on ziprasidone which is much better then that risperidone crap...

Still trying to put together all the other pieces of my life like a job, playing music again, etc... but I have been inspired to fix everything by the death of my friend and I don't want to fall back down again. :)

I has new avatar. I wanted to get one that expressed my personality a bit more, plus was "approachable". What better than a carebear? Right?!

Status
Not open for further replies.