• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Permanent benzo tolerance?

dimethyltrypt

Bluelighter
As I am writing this, its been one hour since I've take 210 milligrams of temazepam, 5 bars, and 8 2 mg clonapin. I feel slightly tired. Frankly I am fed up. I cant seem to get that fuzzy euphoric feeling I used to get from any sort of benzo anymore. I was off all benzos for about 6 months, at which time I was using gabapentin (neurontin) and pregabalin (lyrica) My questions are as follows.

1. Is it possible to build a permanent tolerance to benzos so I can never feel the effects of being high from them ever again?

2. Would takeing drugs that act on GABA receptors e.g neurontin and lyrica affect my tolerance, not allowing it to go down?

I'm at a loss here guys. I just want that initial feeling, or as close as I can get to it. As a seasoned astrotraveler and general mind explorer, I know that with any drug the experience is never going to be as good as that first time, or that glowing moment. But will I ever be able to feel any sort of buzz from benzos again? I'd rather not end up in the hospital taking 40 bars just to humor my gaba receptors. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Much love.

1. Don't know.
2. I'm sure the answer is yes, although there is cross-tolerance between the different drugs affecting different GABA receptors.

I think so. I have to take a shit load of K-pins and xanax now to even get to baseline, but I need them for my extreme anxiety. Believe me, witthout benzos, I would be a complete anti-social mess. So it's a hard line to walk really. But, tolerance does and will raise regardless of what benzo you're using. By the way, what's up loulou^ nice to see you again buddy.

Wow...I'm going through the same exact thing. I was off klonopin for 3 months and was taking neurontin and now I can't feel the klonopins I take. It must have something to do with the neurontin!

By the way, what's up loulou^ nice to see you again buddy.

Yeah, nice to see you too ;)

To stay on the subject, I had a low clonazepam tolerance (2mg a day for almost two years), which meant I didn't feel high anymore from it, and then I stopped CT without problem (that's not to say you'll have the same easiness, be careful with your body and listen to what it does say to you). Anyway, I stopped for a good two weeks and when I resumed clonaz, I needed less, I took 1mg and I was high again :D I think I have the good genes, and I'm thankful for that.

I would love to take at least a few days break from my klonopin but it's easier said than done ya know? I'll give it a try sometime soon though because this tolerance of mine is gettiing out of hand.

As I am writing this, its been one hour since I've take 210 milligrams of temazepam, 5 bars, and 8 2 mg clonapin. I feel slightly tired. Frankly I am fed up. I cant seem to get that fuzzy euphoric feeling I used to get from any sort of benzo anymore. I was off all benzos for about 6 months, at which time I was using gabapentin (neurontin) and pregabalin (lyrica) My questions are as follows.

1. Is it possible to build a permanent tolerance to benzos so I can never feel the effects of being high from them ever again?

2. Would takeing drugs that act on GABA receptors e.g neurontin and lyrica affect my tolerance, not allowing it to go down?

I'm at a loss here guys. I just want that initial feeling, or as close as I can get to it. As a seasoned astrotraveler and general mind explorer, I know that with any drug the experience is never going to be as good as that first time, or that glowing moment. But will I ever be able to feel any sort of buzz from benzos again? I'd rather not end up in the hospital taking 40 bars just to humor my gaba receptors. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Much love.

let me get this straight....you took 210 mg of temazepam, 10 mg of alprazolam, and 16 mg of clonazepam......and u *only* felt slightly tired????

i don't care how tolerant u are, those doses of 3 pretty strong benzos is going fuck anybody up in a bad way.
that's just crazy man.

yeah..that is A LOT! I was just talking about feeling 2-3mg of klonopin. I'm sure if I took all that, i'd be a mess...lol

I don't truly understand klonopin sometimes, that's why I often blame the manufacturers, because some days I can take 2mg and be totally relaxed and soothed and other days I need up to 8-10mg of it. And the Mylan brand DOES suck, I don't care who you are, it's different with plenty of experiences, including mine, so placebo is out of the question.

pregabalin (lyrica) can be used for treatment of benzo withdrawal even in chronic cases so there has to be some kind of interaction

Maybe the combination of pregabaling and benzo together isnt a good idea tho could possibly increase tolerance faster.

effective way to lower your tolerance is to stop your benzo use and replace it with pregabaling for a while. it might not give you the same relief as it doesnt sedate you :\

found this:
"
we examined their role in regulating the rat brain GABA transporter GAT1, a plasma membrane protein involved in regulating synaptic transmitter levels. Prolonged incubation of hippocampal cultures, which endogenously express GAT1, with gabapentin and pregabalin caused a 2-fold increase in subsequent GABA uptake, which was concentration- and time-dependent. This increase in uptake was correlated with a redistribution of GAT1 protein from intracellular locations to the plasma membrane. Further experiments also suggested that the signal transduction cascade that modulates pregabalin-mediated GAT1 redistribution may involve pathways activated by specific GAT1 substrates and antagonists but does not involve protein kinase C and tyrosine kinases, two other pathways known to regulate GAT1 redistribution. These data suggest that pregabalin and gabapentin may exert some of their actions in the brain by altering GABAergic signalling.
"

so who knows what happens %)

From benzo.org.uk -

Toxicity, Cognitive Impairment, Long-Term
Damage & The Post Withdrawal Syndrome

Dr R F Peart BSc, PhD
December 2000

#

The studies have established that the PWS is:

Linked with biological abnormalities - up to 3.5 years

Is reversed for short periods by flumazenil, an antagonist, up to five years.

Associated with a non-reversal of tolerance up to 3.5 years.

Linked with permanent changes to the central nervous system.

The doctor was studying patients with established post withdrawal syndrome from benzos, but I don't see how any long term benzo user would be different.

If you still want a benzo like high, GHB still works quite well even if you have a massive benzo tolerance.

Thanks for that, Viliian. That's really interesting. Kind of sucks I have to wait almost 4 years for my tolerance to go down though.

I thought I was crazy, but you're right. The mylan brand DOES suck! People on here sometimes argue that certain manufacturers make no difference in potency. However, I truly believe that it DOES make a difference. I used to notice this when I was taking Roxicodone as well.

I would also agree Mylan generics suck, no wonder they are the cheapest generic brand on the market. I was not convinced this was true myself, because by law a drug has to contain exactly what it says on the bottle. But upon a giving one stick to a benzo naive individual who felt very little made me realize yep, Mylan brand is for the birds...But But But Think of all those lawsuits! A Cat I know has a massive benzo tolerance too; That point where 10mg bars of alpraz and 10 2mg rivies might put her to sleep, but more likely do almost nothing. Benzo tolerance develops very rapidly but it also disappears quickly from my research. If it has been six months since your last dose of a benzo and you feel nothing, my answer is yes you can become permanently tolerant to the many of the cognitive and sedative properties of benzos. Once abused your brain has lost the simple ability distinguish the effects because benzos have a very subtle and you may just be "immune" to the pleasurable effect of benzos. Good thing too, are you trying to kill your self or you just like pain because as i am sure you are well aware the WD of these drugs is painfully, demoralizing and long long long.....Good Luck
I say we do a survey on people's experience with Name brands and generics to put this debate about drug strength to sleep.

Hey

ok yes and no. if you get though the withdrawl the effect comes back. but in terms of rush no way. takes a few years but the rush goes away and its nothin like the start hopes this helps. i used to sniff them all that shit. gaba receptors have to get better or youd be dead

1) YES

I don't know how you got such a large tolerance, but 7.5mg temazepam by itself puts me in a wonderfully euphoric state.

Let me guess, you used benzos daily for a while?

gaba receptors have to get better or youd be dead

I don't think the OP is going to die if they don't quit using benzos, it's just in their best interest to do so. Let's not scare people into thinking they'll die if they don't quit drugs...that's not really helpful, truthful, or positive.

I would also agree Mylan generics suck, no wonder they are the cheapest generic brand on the market. I was not convinced this was true myself, because by law a drug has to contain exactly what it says on the bottle. But upon a giving one stick to a benzo naive individual who felt very little made me realize yep, Mylan brand is for the birds...But But But Think of all those lawsuits! A Cat I know has a massive benzo tolerance too; That point where 10mg bars of alpraz and 10 2mg rivies might put her to sleep, but more likely do almost nothing. Benzo tolerance develops very rapidly but it also disappears quickly from my research. If it has been six months since your last dose of a benzo and you feel nothing, my answer is yes you can become permanently tolerant to the many of the cognitive and sedative properties of benzos. Once abused your brain has lost the simple ability distinguish the effects because benzos have a very subtle and you may just be "immune" to the pleasurable effect of benzos. Good thing too, are you trying to kill your self or you just like pain because as i am sure you are well aware the WD of these drugs is painfully, demoralizing and long long long.....Good Luck
I say we do a survey on people's experience with Name brands and generics to put this debate about drug strength to sleep.

:| Let's not and say we did.

Someone already posted yet another thread about this.

You can select what brand name or generic you want when you pick up your pills at a pharmacy.

This is why this "debate" is a non-issue.

I don't truly understand klonopin sometimes,

There's better benzos than clonazepam out there.

i don't care how tolerant u are, those doses of 3 pretty strong benzos is going fuck anybody up in a bad way.

Actually if you had a severe enough tolerance, those doses might only prevent you from going into WD.

Tolerance can completely eliminate recreational/medicinal efficacy.

hmm i take 2 bars and im KO'd. gotta love the tolerance!
1. Yes
2. Depends on what medication your taking. different benzos affect different receptors