• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Beer Snobs Unite! 100+ IBU or GTFO

blondie777

Bluelighter
Well I hope this doesn't end up on Edvard Munch's top ten list of useless posts for Second Opinion :p But...........

What kind of beer does it for you? Do you switch off, go with what's on sale, or just stick to one? Are there new and different beers you would recommend?

Personally I am an Amstel Light kinda girl.....otherwise Bud or Budlight.......

Well, I'm not much of a beer fan, but I've recently found one that I really like. It's an Indian rice beer, called Lal Toofah (or something along those lines), and is sweet, refreshing, and has only the mildest beery taste. Goes sooooo well with spicy food, and I can't wait for summer so that I can properly enjoy it at a BBQ.

I've also had a tasty blueberry microbrew at a local restaurant that was pretty good, and I've been known to drink Heineken if nothing else can be found.

99.9% of the time though I'd rather have some ice-cold vodka. Grey goose, neat, with a flamed twist and a frozen raspberry or two. Mmmmmmm.

Come to think of it, I could go for a drink ;)

Arrogant Bastard Ale!

You aren't worthy.

I tried this beer for the first time last week. It tasted so delicious. After that, I ordered a Fat Tire, a perfectly good beer on its own... however, after the Arrogant Bastard, the Fat Tire tasted like water.

Arrogant Bastard is the beer for me. Guiness is good too.

Everyone I know seems to either love, or hate, Corona ... I've only had it a couple times but thought it was indeed better than other beers I'd tried. A girl I know remarked "you wouldn't drink the water in Mexico, so why would you drink beer made from Mexican water?"

I've heard Heiniken and Guinness are also very good, I shall have to try them some time :)
All the American beers I've had have always been so-so ... just beer-y I suppose :\

Everyone says that the imported beers, while being the worst of the respective country, are still better than domestic (US) beers.

I want to try Labatt Blue, their commercials are the best :D I had a cool neighbor who had dogs named Labatt and Molson (they were Canadian).

In order of favourites

Asahi
Kirin
Guinness (any brand, just as long as its from the tap)
Cooper's Sparkling Ale
Cooper's Pale Ale
Amstel
Corona
Becks
Stella
Tooheys Extra Dry
Calrton Draught (only on tap)

If I am gonna drink ANY beer I would probably drink newcastle.
But I don't like beer and I usually stick to Shmirnoff (sp?) triple black or the new twisted ones with the flavors...

I don't really get into all the exotic shit. Beer is beer to me, but I usually drink Bud Light, Bud Ice if I'm low on cash, or Steel Reserve if I just wanna get fucked up.

Number one would have to be Hogaarden. I also like blue moon, stella, st. pauli girl, and Boddingtons.

Best beer I've ever had was a fresh, crisp Budwieder, though. It was only one of the 12, but it tasted "super-maltey". Go figure.

luckly live in SD, and we have a lot of good micro brews in the are so i rarly have to resort to that yellow piss water called (insert any mass produced pilsner here). Some of my Favorites are

From Stone Brewing Company
Arrogant Bastard
Double Bastard
Old Gardian
Ruination
Levitation
Vertical Epic

From Old Ale smith

Old Numbskull
Horny Devil Ale
Grand Cru 200x

From Dog Fish Head brewries
Chicory Stout
World Wide Stout (that beer is a total fuck with, it 18% (yes thats not a typo) and about as smooth as you can get A sixer will lierilly kill you)

Other Variouns Brews
Tatanka (from BJ local brew/resturant)
Sam Adams Chocolate Brok
Sam Adams Triple Brock
Guenisses
Bass

Umm there's more but thats all i can think of right now

I work for a wholesale beer distibutor, so I get free "samples" of beer from time to time and I get sweet discounts too. Some of the good ones we carry:

Coors/Coors Light (my usual beer of choice)
Rolling Rock - I crave this every once in a while
Corona & Dos Equis - see above ^^^
Guinness
Heineken
Boulevard
Smirnoffs - the new twisted ones rock!
Easy Street
Killian's Irish Red
St. Pauli's Girl
and a bunch of micro brews and bizzare imports

I usually just stick to the top three

I will drink almost any beer that is put in front of me but I do have favourites and no-goes.

I for one am very glad to live in Australia where we have some fantastic beers which I love to consume.

Favourites include:

Cooper's Pale Ale
Cooper's Sparkling Ale
James Squires Amber Ale
James Squires India Pale Ale
James Boags Premium
James Boags Strongarm
Cascade Pale Ale (Only on tap though...)
Cascade Premium

and then we have imported beers that I like to drink as follows:

Becks
Stella
Heinken (but only when it was relatively cheap during the World Cup Rugby ;))

I'm over Guinness however but will still go for a Kilkenny every now and then...

In general I won't drink American beer on principle, but I have heard good things about Sam Adams so I'd probably give that a go :)

CB :)

Newcastle Ale is good
VB - Classic and good for a hardcore chug
Foster longneck
Crownies is good
Redback with a lemon slice is nice
Hoegarden - ummm yummy
Hahn Premium is good
Coronas are good
I had a beer in PNG and man that shit was good...came remeber that blue looking can!

fuck i love all beers

Well in the states it was usually Budweiser just because it was priced well and it a very nice lager. Although in the U.K. Newcastle, Stella, Kronenbourg, Mkewons, and sometimes strongbow(hard cider).