• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

DRUGS n FRIENDS...Growin apart, rippin u off, losin touch, gettin high, gettin by

Khadijah

Bluelight Crew
"Friends....How many of us have them?
Friends.....Ones we can depend on?"
-Whodini

Yea Like the old school jam goes when ur in this drug world friends ...well to put it straight up, it just gets fucked up. Especially when it comes to hard drugs like dope, OC's, opiates, coke/crack, meth, and that type of shit, the drugs tend to really mess up the relationships you got, even with people that you known forever.

Its a sad thing to see especialy if you somebody like me that is loyal to the end to their friends and cant imagine hurtin ppl I care about, I cant stand when somebody does me dirty becuz i aint like that, and i really AINT done the same thing to other ppl so it aint jus 'comin back around' when it happens to me.

Anyways, How has drugs fucked up your relationships with friends ? How has it changed? who have u pushed away/whose pushed u away due to ur or their drug use? Wat are some stories u got of 'friends' screwin u over becuz of somethin drug related?

when it comes down to it, alot of ppl lose friends thru the drug lifetime, and ESPECIALLY when addiction is involved....So Whether its straight friends ditchin u cuz u use drugs, or a friend whose been your 'addiction buddy" who f-'ed over everyone else but u thought it would never be you, and finally ur time came too, or maybe even a good side of it, a friend that u got closer with thru drug use together, it aint always got to be bad.

Just tell us about Your FRIENDS...and your DRUGS...and how those lives have came together, and the results of that. How many are just 'usin buddies" how many have u fell out with and started to hate, how many do u have left that you can really depend on? I got lots to share but Ima wait til we get some posts goin....

Most of my friends accept my drug use. Most are casual users, or at least tolerant of drug use even if they don't use. Then again most my friends are at least weed smokers.

I did lose my ex partially due to drug use. She was initially fine with my usage, but changed over time. Eventually she felt I was doing drugs behind her back, and made me choose between her or drugs. I still would use some things occasionally, and eventually she found this out which created a rift. We were on and off, but recently we broke up for what seems like it could be permanent. It is still quite upsetting to me, I never used drugs to hurt her or to be sneaky, but we viewed it too differently. I saw it as a personal thing, while she saw it as a betrayal of her trust

The way i see it ive got drug friends and real friends. VERY few manage to be both.
Ive actually started having a little bit of a problem lately with one of my real good friends who falls into both categories. He just moved into town again after being gone for a few years, and since we kick it every day hes met a lot of the people i deal with. Now hes started buying shit from my sources and selling it to the people i sell to, essentially taking advantage of me setting him up with a good source and snaking my main source of income to support my habit. Guess it comes with the territory as a junky. Fiends are just friends without the R.

Also ive dealt with the above situation as well. My girl was just not down with me getting high after a while.

Last edited:
Nobody in here has lost any friends bcuz of their drug use? damn, yall with the one sentence answers lol. IDK yo, Ive lost alot of friends n had alot of em pushed away becuz of my use, their use , or both. If u aint had this happen to u more than once or twice u cant have been in the game too long, or u prob. wasnt messing with addiction, i guess if u only smoke weed u prob stay pretty stable but then again I known some people to get mad bitchy over shit with weed like oh i smoked u down and u dont smoke me down as much as i smoke u down, u always want to keep ur bud for urself, wat kinda friend are u, etc....Lame shit..But come on peeps...There got to be more than "my girl didnt like my drug use so she left"

We could devote a whole nother thread to GF's / BF's and drug use but this is about regular type friends not a S/o. Shit is a whole lot more complicated when love is involved, i couldnt even put it on the same level as the type of thing that happens with ur homeboys/girls.

Lacey...this thread is tight, but I can type for hours - hit me up on PM if you want to share thougts

I have lost soo many good friends because of my drug use. Seriously in high school, I'm 21 now and before physical addiction, everything was gravy. People were ok with me and themselves using LOTS of drugs. Then after school everything went to shit. I was slanging hardcore all through school and out of school. After i graduated I went nuts speedballing with tar and coke. Most of everyone I knew shunned me and I rarely saw anyone that wasnt joining in on the fun (shooting dope). I continued that until last winter when I moved to Toronto to get clean and get out of Erie (northwest PA). I did well there I was still banging a ball of K on the weekend and sometimes scoring super cheap 80s and dope. I moved back to Erie and of course hopped right back on that train. The tar people had been busted by then so it was basically scoring raw raw powder and burgh bags. Not much has changed since last spring. I hardly ever talk to anyone but my drug buddies and my relationships are all drug based except for some I've known all my life. My girlfriend doesn't know I use but we'll see how long that lasts.... It is really gonna suck when she finds out and finds out that I have been lying to her. But ya to get back on topic my addiction has severely fucked all my relationships up especially with my mom and its super sad knowing that I was totally responsible for failure of our relationship. She never wanted anything but the best for me.

I lost a friend to the drug craziness. My girl "Randi". She wasn't the brightest bulb on the porch but man, I didn't care...I thought she was the most loyal, no bullshit person I had ever known. What she lacked in the brains department she more than made up for in heart and generosity of spirit. She was also refreshingly honest and I could talk to her about anything. She would hook me up with some pills whenever she got her script and unlike some people, never tried to rip me off, did what she said she was going to do, etc. She and her old man would come sit n chill at my house, they would have a couple beers, I go to know her kids and her lil step-grandson, and she even started coming to church with me.

Then she met this ex-con whom even I thought was a decent guy, and maybe he was. In retrospect, I think she and he brought out the worst in each other, and fed on one another's pain and poison and in the end, they just dragged each other down. Her personality began to change, I began to catch her in major lies. Eventually she left her family and kids to go live with this dude.

They wound up doing more and more shit, harder stuff, and began ripping everyone off to feed their habits. This is the Cliffs Notes version; there is so much more to this story, but it would comprise a novel to tell it all. Anyway, she and her new boyfriend, the ex-con, wound up taking my ex husband and me for around $5,000 dollars, all told, in various ways. I had even taken her out shopping one Christmas and bought gifts for her kids cause she was flat broke...and they still showed no remorse at stealing from us.

Then they got caught trying to (no shit!) rob a bank, along with my daughter's ex-bf. If you were to read the news story, it sounds like a "Stupid Criminals in the News" story, because they were none of 'em rocket scientists, and by now, they were also always, all the time, majorly fucked up on heroin and crack. I left town around the time of failed bank robbery and have never been able to find out what the outcome was.

But, as I was unpacking a box of mementos not long ago, I came across this Italian charm bracelet with 2 charms she had given me for Christmas one year, many years ago. One of the charms is a kitty cat, and the other one says, "Best Friend." It about broke my heart to see that, and I started to remember her voice, and her laugh, and how kind she was before everything went so wrong. She was a good person who'd had a hard life, and in the end, she just let the drugs take over her life in exchange for everything else...everything that was good. I was angry with her for such a long time, but I am over it, and I pray she has found some peace and some joy. I miss the person who used to be my friend.

damn lacey you manage to come up with new original threads all the time.
I got a friend that was supposed to be my down boy for life, we went through depression together, addiction, fights, beefs, all that shit. He even has the same tattoo as me, a bunch of my boys/family got it. Then one day when he was deep in a dope addiction things started to change, he started to get real wierd. I would chill with him and he would be like I feel like everyone hates me, for no fuckin reason. I went to the movies with him and his dad and was nodding out in the movie a lil bit. His dad knew what was up and told his son they don't wanna see me around anymore. When in reality the kid was the one with a serious problem and they just caught me at a bad time. Now I try and make contact with this kid who is supposed to be my brother and I get nothin. Or the fake yea yea man we gotta kick it soon bs. It breaks my heart just cause that was my runnin partner and now he fell off the map, al he does is kick it with his girl who gave him the clap but hes still with the hoe for some reason! God damn..I got more to add later.

Last edited:
Ive lost alot of friends due to drug use. Some of them are dead due to direct or indirect effects of the drugs, others are completely fucked up and can't even spell the word friend anymore and would slit their mom's throat for a 8 ball of rock. Otheres are just the usual drunken loosers who for some reaaon think they are better then everyone else. Probably because they drink but they never ever do any drugs and would certainly never touch some dilaudid or morphine.
Another friend of mine and this guy was one of my best friends and a real cool guy got messed up with a gang of meth heads and ended up doing some time for trafficking coke or meth i don't know which. He has been out now for awile and is really messed up on meth now and to be totally honest i won't be surprised if he ends up coming home in a body bag soon.

I have found its bought me closer to some old friends, nothing too serious though just weed and some legal stuff like mephedrone. I see drugs as something social where taking them is almost as important as what they do to me whether its spending an evening having a few doobs or sniffing our way through a few grams of methedrone. Having said that I do also have friends that are anti-drugs, they know i do drugs but i dont bang on about it when im with them. Drugs shouldnt really effect any friendships as long as you can show self control and realize when it is the right time to talk about drugs!

I love having my separate groups of friends. My "real" close group of friends from HS just drink beers, and a couple of them smoke weed. They know that I popped vicodin, but I usually chill with them now after doing some H, and if they ever think im acting high I say i took some vikes because at this point H feels like my first couple vike highs ne way. My drug friends are either on H, or other opiates, but the only ppl that know about the H are the dealers. My "real" friends kinda like the idea of being friends with somebody who is a little crazy and messes with drugs, so i guess im the druggie out of the group but like I said they think its just vikes and weed. I dont use everyday, and get energetic highs and save the nod for when im home after hanging out with my friends, thats how they dont realize I guess.

It's not that I lost a lot of my friends to drug use, but when I was sellin' I ended up losing a lot of friends that way.

Sure, I admit, some of it must have been my fault, but what those that I lost didn't realize was one very important thing: I was selling, because I wanted to make money. I may have had access to a huge stash of tweak, but that shit's expensive. They didn't realize this and they just saw a stash of tweak.

Regardless, it basically came down to a rift developing, because I wouldn't hook them up for free or super reduced prices. I was, afterall, in it for the money and I needed it then. So, it turned from friend / friend relationship to customer / dealer to nothing much, now.

I did lost touch with some because of drug use, but wouldn't really say that because of the drugs themselves, you know you start to think differently on weed (especially about the big two, politics and religion) so I just kinda stopped hanging with them because I would've had for almost every opinion of theirs the opposing view so it always ended in fierce debating.

I've had a lot of relationships that were created and destroyed by drugs. When I first started using there were a few people who helped me get all my drugs, turned me onto new ones and we hung out a lot so I thought we were close. Then I moved across the state to attend college, and while I tried to stay in touch it our friendships just weren't the same as you would probably expect. The amount of drugs I was using didn't increase very much, if at all, but the variety of substances I was using increased, and I started using RC's. I told my old friends about all this because I thought our relationship was good enough and didn't think they would judge me for it, but one of my closest friends (I thought) just completely dropped all contact with me and I found out later it was because I was now using too many drugs... I gotta go but i'll update later

Addiction and friends don't mix, IME. If it's between doing right and their fix(especially if we're talking physical wd drugs), it'll be that fix almost every time. You could try not to take it personally, but it's difficult, especially if you're loyal and would never even think of dicking friends over, regardless of the drug situation you're in.

But, it can also demonstrate who you can really depend on if you're both addicted and they don't end up fucking you over. Be prepared to be disappointed though.

There's two distinct situations where potential friends were lost just because of their pure greed, it's pathetic. One time this total pothead who I've chilled before and bought off before ripped my off for 80 dollars of weed, I was young and fronted her like i'd done before, thought I could trust her. Another time I was set up to get jacked by a guy I smoked a blunt out, I was gonna cop off him and he sent a huge goon to the spot we were meeting who took me for 30. It's pathetic to me what some people would do to get high or for money. Losing the money sucks, but I have made so much more slanging casually for it to matter, it just saddens what people would do for a lil money. People in my area are sad...

I remember one time I was high on OC, but still fiendin for more. My friend of 4 years owed me money from an 80 we went halves on earlier in the week and he was asking me to get him weed. This pissed me off so I stole the money he gave me not to give me, but to buy him weed, and went out and wanted to buy more OC with it. Then I called him a greedy fucker and that I wasn't going to give his money back. This was all exchanged during text messages.
Then I had a change of heart and decided to just go get the weed instead. We forgave each other over a fat blunt. If I had let the fiend inside me take complete charge of the situation who knows what would have happened.
Just another statistic of people turning scummy when physical addictions are involved I guess.

i dont really talk to any of my old friends. mostly because after high school you lose touch with all those people, but even the friends i made with work and stuff i no longer talk to. only 1 who was the main guy i got high with and got shit with, but hes such a fuckin scumbag i hardly talk to him. kinda guy i would give money to so he could get me drugs and he would spend it for himself. once found him in my parents medicine cabinet too....
i bought him so many 80s too or dope or whatever. he usually paid me back eventually, although NEVER the full amount because it became such a chore to get him to pay me the smallest amount. when i moved away he owed me something like 130 bucks, but at that time i didn't give a fuck anymore cause i was leaving.

i haven't seen him in 15 months. only talk through text messages and even then its just a joke or 2 or something. he was a good friend but he fucked over a lot of people. he was a real scumbag for the most part.

Heroin kills friendships. In the 90s, I lost most of my good friends fairly early into my addiction and they generally fell into the following categories:

Non - Users: They slowly started to avoid me because they view heroin as the worst possible thing in the world until eventually there is just no relationship.

Users: I got into dope a little earlier than my friends so I was a known to be into drugs throughout our circle. My "friends" who started using, used this to their advantage in every way they could. I was ALWAYS the one who had to go to Newark to cop - risking my ass, my freedom, my future, etc. Then eventually when it became apparent that they would never have the balls to cop for themselves or me, I started charging them to cop and they tried to play the friend card...."Oh thats fucked up, you're gonna charge me for picking up when you are going anyway?"

They also started blaming me when they got caught by others for using, for stealing, whatever. When their parents found their drugs, they told them they were my drugs that I must have left there........and their stupid naive, gullible parents would believe them.

I also lost a couple of close friends to OD.