Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DOB vs. LSD

mr. nice

Bluelighter
fellow bluelighters!
if anyone heared the rumour about blotters, contained the DOB ( aka bromo-DMA ), instead of old-sweet LSD !
Here, in Eastern Europe many users are sure in that!
We don`t have our own manufacturers and all the blotters come from Holland and few other countries, IMHO.
Experts - please respond!
more about DOB: http://ramindy.sghms.ac.uk/~ltg/dob.htm

what was the question???
DOB adulterated blotter has been around for some time now...i am aware that DOB adulterated blotter circulated around Australia for some time in the past...

main ? is how to distinguish between DOB & LSD ? i know about set&settings importancy, but anyway - how the trips are differ?
some sources said, the production of DOB is cheaper, therefore here can be "fake" blotters, contained DOB instead of LSD...

1-5 mg's in a blotter is that likely, ? I really don't know. Anyone? I've only seen it pressed in little yellow pills.

how to distinguish between DOB & LSD?
These things are difficult to describe as tripping is a very subjective to individual experience. But some things for sure are that DOB will take three to five hours to peak unlike LSD which peaks by the second hour. The effects will last up to 24 hours unlike most acid trips which wind down by the 12th hour. DOB is a phenethylamine, so its effetcs will be more emotional/visual in nature like those of mescaline, 2C-B, 2C-T-X, ect. DOB trips (from what I read) don't usually have the heavy duty ego-destroying mental effects of LSD.
------------------
"I have discovered that common sense is quite uncommon"-My name here

I have done DOB a few times, It was sold to me as "mescaline". This was back in my newbie days. I'd have to say the the body sensation you get from DOB is more euphoric then a LSD body fry. And it does last several hours longer then LSD. One of the times I took it a 8pm on a Friday night and felt it till about noon the following day.
------------------
"Raving is the wave of the future."
---Quiksilver (Rest in Peace)
------------------
http://www.bluelight.ru/pictures/d/doctorlove.html

Picture of DOB BLOTTERS at Erowid!
Actually to tell you the truth, I wonder why DOB is not a more widely available psychedelic? It is easier than shit too make (as in comparison to other substances) and has an extrememly low dosage unit!

There probably aren't too many people who want to trip for 20-30 hours. Nevertheless, it does sound like killer stuff.

The duration of the DOB trip is dose sensitive.
As for it taking hours to peak.. whatever. By 1.5 hours, you're already tripping harder than you would be off a 10 strip of good acid.
It's also very dose sensitive. One time I got it in 1mg units. The difference between 1 and 3mgs was HUGE. The guy who did three ended up flipping out hardcore, had to be restrained and was acting almost exactly like you'd expect someone on PCP too.. hot/cold flashes, disorientated, incompacitated, violent, couldn't remember people. Another time, the first time I ever took it.. 1 full blotter tab was like acid on super steroids, a half tab did basically nothing. My brother fell asleep on a half while I had one of the most insane nights of my life on a full one.
The dose sensitivity is most likely why it's not common. People don't understand you can only do so much of one thing.

DOB vs Cid

I tried searching and couldnt find much of anything definitive, I was wondering how the trips compare. Ive done Acid a few times and finally have a chance to get my hands one more that a friend tried. The thing is it seemed a little different than m Acid trips. They took it at mid night but didnt sleep until about 5pm. I know people sometimes have trouble sleeping after a trip and it was their first time. They didnt seem speedy as they were moving around pretty freely. They also had some minor hallucinations like rainbows off of only one tab. Im thinking about picking it up but wanted to hear what you guys thought of it first

I've never done it, but a friend of mine took some (he's not entirely sure it was DOB) and reported a bunch of backpain that persisted for a week or so.

DOB = freaky poison.

LSD = one of the finest, lightest, most comfortable YET insanely powerful mind-altering substances ever created.

If you really believe the tabs are DOB, then don't buy them. If you want to be sure, you can buy an EZ test kit by clicking on the banner at the top of the page.

According to Shulgin, the effects of DOB typically last 18 to 30 hours. Onset of the drug is also long, sometimes taking up to three hours.

If it lasted longer than 12 hours, it probably was DOI or DOB(not experienced enough with both to tell the difference).

I have taken DOB/DOI twice and both times it was DOB/DOI misrepresented as lsd. You can also tell if its a DOx by its bitter taste.

Roger&Me is right about the freaky poison part because it can have a very intense body load and the duration is not for the faint of heart. Also, the long onset causes some people to take more doses before they start to feel the effects. It is a vasoconstrictor so large enough doses may decrease blood flow to the extremities.

They said they felt it sooner than the first hour, I will not have the chance to use more than one since I only will be able to obtain 2 tabs and it will be me and another taking it. They siad there was some body load but nothing that prevented movement which tends to lead towards LSD. I got no comment as for the taste. I think Im going to pass on this one until I can find a guarenteed one. Also at what dosage is DOB trippy? The tabs are less than 1/4 of a quater inch

If you like LSD chances are you will not like DOB as much.

Let me put it this way.

DOB = synthetic body high, visuals. Everything feels synthetic and the whole time you're "tripping" you'll be reminded that you took a drug. Can EASILY BE DESCRIBED in words. Seriously. Shulgin described my DOB trip easily. LOTS OF BODY LOAD and forced euphoria.

LSD = Amazing, you'll forget you took a drug cause it's such a natural feeling psychedelic. BEYOND WORDs.

What's a synthetic body high?

It's a feeling that the drug you're on(DOx or AMT) is too much for your body to handle, it doesn't feel "natural". It even feels toxic and sometimes painful.

For instance mushrooms and LSD produce a very comfortable body high that never induces thoughts of "wow is this stuff bad for me?".

DOx and AMT have always given me feelings that perhaps this drug is not good for my body and central nervous system. It's a known fact that DOB produces vasoconstriction. With that said, who in their right mind would take a substance like that.

I've only taken DOx once knowingly, every other time I took "bad acid" i questioned the chemical because it lacked the comfortable trip that LSD provides physically. Of course LSD can cause huge mind fucks and confusion, but that has never been more concern. What is my concern is that these research chemicals feel poisonous, maybe it's just paranoia...who knows.

I think DOB and most DOx is bad news. There's simply better psychedelics out there like LSD, mushrooms, mescaline, morning glory seeds. Even pure DXM is better than DOx IMO. MDMA is COMPLETELY synthetic and the produces a very comfortable body high.

I personally believe that DOx are more harmful than street amphetamines.

I have a theory that most of the side effects from DOx chemicals come from the "inactive" S-isomers. Too bad that they rarely sell enantiopure versions of these chems. The reports I've read seem to indicate that the pure R-isomers of most DOx chemicals seem to induce cleaner trips than racemic ones.

I have a theory that most of the side effects from DOx chemicals come from the "inactive" S-isomers. Too bad that they rarely sell enantiopure versions of these chems. The reports I've read seem to indicate that the pure R-isomers of most DOx chemicals seem to induce cleaner trips than racemic ones.

I believe it, I've had some DOx experiences that felt cleaner than others.

It's a shame though, seriously. You can't really be sure how clean the product is.

I've never had LSD where I was bothered by "inactive isomers". Maybe it could affect the trip but LSD is so immersive that I never notice any isomer body loads and whatever else it could cause......just lysergic bliss = )