• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DOB vs. LSD

My friends who tripped on it are knocked out right now so I will find out more info from them tomorrow. I was wondering, are there any other dead give aways like the sour taste to know on avoiding it. Also will Benzos bring me out of it if I find to to be more than I can handle or something that I dont want?

I would never take a DOx knowing it's DOx without some benzos or kratom to take when I get bored of the trip.

Seriously, DOx simply lasts too long and next to that it makes you feel drained the next day(not all of them, just high doses of DOB and DOC imo).

Are the visuals different?

Yes, DOB's visuals aren't as beautiful or creative IMO. They flow less, it's like looking at an ordinary room except that everything is out of order and jumbling around.

It's not the "fun" jumbling around you get on LSD.

Honestly it's hard to explain.

I find LSD is more visual in the sense that things can take on shapes and a different quality than what it originally seemed to be. It shows you that everything is an illusion.

DOB is visual in the sense that things are more detailed, complex and you see "superimposed" detail on things instead of "indian or mayan patterns" that you get on LSD or mushrooms. Things are scrambled up especially on high doses and it just seems like the visuals are chaotic. if you tune into them you might see weird "language" type stuff. I always get the idea that I can make out "stereotypical 70's writing" on walls and stuff. It's weird stuff, DOB....

I didn't think DOB was that bad, it's very rational like you can analyse situations really deeply but the thoughts aren't deeply meaningful at all. Acid is magical, DOB was not for me.
DOB is quite stimulating, somewhat speed-like making your head feel even more open and crystal sparkling clear than acid which is nice but doesn't stay interesting for 24-30 hours.
For me it was interesting as a curiosity to have tried (DOB) but did not feel wonderful - except for a couple of hours when I also got stoned and things got super-sparkly and every raindrop produced a rainbow, but apart from that I felt like a supercomputer that was bored to bits. Basically the visuals apart from being stoned on it were just colors getting more intense. It was nice but I got used to it fast enough.
Second time I did DOB I ate a lot of hash on it because the joint turned out so well the last time. I was completely overwhelmed, painful sensory overload and seeing multiple dimensions and cosmic spiritworlds that just didn't feel as awesome as it sounds. It felt fucked up and too much too fast and before the end I needed to abort with Valium to protect my grated nerves.

If you are looking for an acid-substitute don't bother, if you are looking for a whole new experience I don't see why you can't try it once or twice. Though there are many people who dislike it, and disliking something for that long a duration may not be worth it.

I have a theory that most of the side effects from DOx chemicals come from the "inactive" S-isomers. Too bad that they rarely sell enantiopure versions of these chems. The reports I've read seem to indicate that the pure R-isomers of most DOx chemicals seem to induce cleaner trips than racemic ones.

Well chromatographic separation of isomers isn't exactly child's play, its no wonder that the producers of these chems rarely bother to do so. I mean, if you were such an ace with chromatography, wouldn't you just make LSD? :D

I was curious about how much pupil dialation occurs on DOB? I dont remember seeing if their eyes where dialated on it but it just had me thinking

Well chromatographic separation of isomers isn't exactly child's play, its no wonder that the producers of these chems rarely bother to do so. I mean, if you were such an ace with chromatography, wouldn't you just make LSD? :D

Why chromatography? Doesn't fractional crystallization work on DOx?

Last edited:
If I recall correctly there is significant mydriasis, but in my case my pupils didn't get as large as saucers. Larger than normal though, perhaps *just* enough for others to notice.

Although usually if you act normal, no one will make a point of it. Enlarged pupils are seen naturally often enough, unless you're awash in sunlight or something like that.
My behaviour was actually kind of modest when on DOB, but that was on a dose of like 2 mg.
on 3,5 it was already a whole different story 8( :D

This reads like an ID thread - at least the OP does - however that not withstanding there's no way you'd sleep after a dose of DOB 17 hours after ingestion - unless you've a severe case of narcolepsy.

Roger & Me summed it up nicely.

I don't find DOB to be a poison, or not exclusively anyway. I find it can haver very intense psychedelic effects, but to reach those levels it requires a hefty price to be paid in terms of bodyload. The body load is bad... strong vasconstriction and body pain, in a sort of vague throbbing soreness throughout the body and the skin. So it does feel quite poisonous to the body, but it's not without a positive side if you can find it.

LSD on the other hand is not poison at all, and is also intensely psychedelic, in a more classical way. It's by far the better substance.

I find DOC and DOM to be just as good as LSD, and find I actually prefer them overall. But DOB is far inferior overall.

The body load is bad... strong vasconstriction and body pain, in a sort of vague thro

The body load is bad... strong vasconstriction and body pain, in a sort of vague throbbing soreness throughout the body and the skin. So it does feel quite poisonous to the body, but it's not without a positive side if you can find it.

It's questionable if this stuff really is harmful.

Hmm, well after more talking to them Im sure its not DOB, and to B9 it was kind of an identification thread but I was also pretty curious about the trips for DOB since Ive never tried it. I was using Acid as a basis for comparing since I had tried it before. After the responses Ive seen though I think I will steer clear of DOx chems in general.

^Well there are nice DOx chemicals. DOC and DOM are the 'good ones'. :)

Merged with bitty old thread, changed title for search function.

I came across this thread and figure I had to say something about my experience.

I've never came across research chemicals until recently about a few months ago when someone sold me some DOB telling me it's LSD.

I took 2 tabs at first. Nothing happened after an hour, which was weird. I thought they were just bunked drugs. Took another tab at 1 hr mark. Started to feel a little weird. Took another tab at 2 hr mark. Started to feel something, so I took one more at 2 hr 30 min mark (4~5 total). At the 3rd hour I started to see the swaying, walls breathing, ceiling patterns moving. I thought it was finally kicking in. At 4 hr mark I was definitely getting strong visuals, but I was waiting for the head change the whole time. Head change didn't happen. I was completely conscious the entire time. I ended up drinking with friends and watched some BBC - Planet Earth shows. Those videos are awesome when you're on LSD and they were great on DOB. I quickly did some research on what in the world we took and we narrowed it down to DOM/DOB. I don't know the difference, but the side effects sounds the same. After doing some reading I found out that it was an amphetamine with some psychedelics in it. So I ended up staying up 20+hrs with very little amount of sleep.

The experience is highly visual. No head change. Conscious the entire time. Doesn't make you want to move around much. Lying down on the floor was comfortable. I have a rug with tons of blankets and pillows in the room so everyone can be super comfortable lounging around.

Needless to say I was extremely disappointed in this drug. I was expecting to feel the mushroom head change trip, but it never came. I now know that every tab I buy can be a synthetic research chemical so I cannot trust any of the tabs I find. Why would anyone make this crap when LSD is perfect? Anyone making or imitating LSD is doing a disservice to humanity. Don't take something wonderful and make a cheap copy of it. It hurts the name of LSD. And people who willingly sell this research chemical crap and call it LSD are the worst people out there.

My word of advise is don't take tabs unless you know what they are. There's a big difference between these drugs. In the meantime I will stick with the organics Mushrooms.

Does LSD-25 exist anymore?

I tried some mysterious DOx again last weekend. Very high on amphetamines. Only one tab.

Disappointed.

It sure does, but there is a lot of stuff being passed off as it, mostly NBOMes at this point but probably DOXs still too.