• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

[Psilocybin] Teen shot to death during home invasion

Acid Eiffel

Bluelight Crew
seems another dealer of mush is going down for selling to a n00b. reminds me of the time i was living at the beach and had some foreigner (limey? i forget...) enter my apartment through an open front door on a epic dose of mush. after ascertaining that he was fuckked he told me he needed a ride back to his hostel only a stones throw away from my place...

well, i was a bit jealous that he was faded and i wasn't so i preceded to drive like a bat outta hell and take the wrong path many times scaring the shit out of the limey. i even did the "look no hands" routine which he didn't enjoy at all. needless to say, he was plenty ready to exit my vehicle when we reached his place.

on to the article:

http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/story.asp?S=10818777
Teen shot to death during home invasion

By Zakk Gammon - email

KEVIL, KY (KFVS) - A man was shot and killed in McCracken County after police say he tried to break into a family's home around 2:00 a.m.

The family woke to the sound of the alarm system, indicating the door to the attached garage had been opened. The homeowner went outside to investigate, when he heard his wife inside screaming.

He ran back into the home where his wife told him the intruder, later identified as 18-year-old Andrew Caleb Barnett, was inside their attached garage attempting to get into the home through a wooden door with a window, according to police. The homeowner reportedly yelled several times that he had a gun, telling Barnett not to come inside. However, Barnett continued to make advances toward the man. Police say the homeowner fired one shot at Barnett, hitting him in the arm, and going into his chest area. Barnett apparently fell to the floor but got back up fighting the homeowner, at one point, biting him in the arm.

The fight continued through the home and eventually back into the garage. When police arrived they arrested Barnett and transported him to Western Baptist Hospital for the gunshot, but he ultimately died.

The McCracken County Police Department reports the 18-year-old was under the influence of Psilocybin Mushrooms, or "Magic Mushrooms" as they're called on the street, and thought he was inside his own home. At one point, he even called the homeowner "Dad".

Police located four people who apparently provided the drugs to Barnett and arrested them. They were identified as 19-year-old Taylor Thompson of West Paducah, 19-year-old Zachary Rodgers of Kevil, 18-year-old Ryan Bridges of West Paducah and 18-year-old Kristen Mohler of Kevil.

Additional charges are possible as the investigation continues. Charges against the homeowner are not expected.

Charge the people who gave him mushies but not the guy who shot and killed him. Yup that makes 'perfect' sense!

Why should the guy who shot and killed him be charged? The invader got warned repeatedly, and he attacked and BIT the homeowner after he was shot. Its a sad situation, but if you break into someone's home and assault them, you are responsible for the results. The homeowner fired one shot, he didn't fill him with bullets, even though he was assaulted and bitten afterwards - strictly self-defense.

I agree that the people who sold the mushrooms shouldn't be charged. The guy who ate them is responsible for his own actions. The only thing those others are guilty for is being shitty friends, if that's what they were. If they were just people who sold him the drugs, the user should have known better than to have taken the mushrooms without friends and/or supervision.

Its sad, and I would never say someone deserves that, but he is solely responsible for what happened to him.

First, how the fuck did the know who sold them shrooms, and how could they prove it.

Its bullshit how people get so messed up and do something shit like this and they charge the person who supplied it.

What about all the people who OD on heroin? They never charge anybody for that, and that's a direct effect of the drug.

This was result of him breaking in a house and being shot.

Those mushrooms must of been strong.

And yeah the homeowner did nothing wrong, but I'm sure if he would of realized he was lost and disorientated because of shrooms he'd of took a less-lethal approach.

Nowhere did it say the kid attacked the homeowner until after he was shot. The kid was obviously disoriented, and even thought the guy was his dad at one point, there was absolutely no reason for him to have fired the gun. Just another trigger happy redneck, shoot first ask questions later right?

Something is really wrong with either the reporting of this story, the story from the police, or, and more likely, plenty more information was omitted.

The McCracken County Police Department reports the 18-year-old was under the influence of Psilocybin Mushrooms, or "Magic Mushrooms" as they're called on the street, and thought he was inside his own home. At one point, he even called the homeowner "Dad".

Police located four people who apparently provided the drugs to Barnett and arrested them. They were identified as 19-year-old Taylor Thompson of West Paducah, 19-year-old Zachary Rodgers of Kevil, 18-year-old Ryan Bridges of West Paducah and 18-year-old Kristen Mohler of Kevil.

Firstly, a post mortem would not have indicated psilocybin. Perhaps he had more shrooms on him but it seems unlikely the victim was the source of the county police's report.

and the other teenagers arrested being the source of the drugs? where did that info come from? did they each give him a handful of mushrooms each?? did the supposed bag have "From Taylor, Zach, Ryan and Kristen" written on it??? wtf?

More likely is that he went out with his 4 buddies and had some shrooms, freaked out, split, went to the wrong house and got himself shot.

At the end of the day it is HIS fault though.

Total bullshit, how is it the suppliers fault how some dumb kid acted on the shit? The only way I agree with dealers being prosecuted for deaths is if they either reccomended an extremely unsafe dose or combination of drugs or if they sold dangerous drugs as another drug for example PMA as MDMA or fentanyl as heroin.

How the fuck do 4 people get charged with selling the shrooms? I highly doubt all 4 sold him the shrooms.

If someone takes some Paxil or other drug prescribed to him and gets himself killed should his pharmacist or his doctor be sent to prison? No. What about a guy who buys a bottle of whiskey takes it home and drinks it then goes out joy riding and gets himself killed. Should the store owner go to prison? No.

People have to be held accountable for their own actions. If a person chooses to engage in risky activity then accept the fact you might get hurt.

this is a very sad story. Its always a tragedy when a young person dies. He had his whole life ahead of him.

As for the poster who said something to the extent of "perfect sense that they would arrest the people involved with the drug dealing, and nothing is doen to the man who shot the kid"

This is totally ludacris. When its 2:00am and you wake up and find an intruder breaking into your home, where your family is sleeping, what the fuck are you going to do? Do you say, " oh hello there, hey listen we don't want any trouble so you can take whatever you want and be on your way?" The homeowner didn't know what the intruder was after, it could have been valuables, he could have wanted to rape his wife, or whatever he was breaking in there for, the homeowner not only has the right to protect himself, but he has the duty and the responsibility to protect his family! He warned him that he had a gun and to get the fuck out but the intruder proceeded to attack him and did not retreat. The intruder gave him NO choice but to fire at him. In situations like this, nobody knows whether this guy had a gun, a knife, a baseball bat, or a fucking RPG, and its not like you can just ask him" hey buddy you don't have any weapons on you while your breaking into my home, and attacking/biting his arm"

What if he didnt have a gun and the intruder did? Then the whole family could have been murdered. Everyone should have a gun in their home with the obvious precautions if children are in the home.

I would have done the exact same thing the homeowner did.

If someone was trying to break into my house damn right I'd shoot that muthafucka, don't take the shit if you can't handle it, but charging whoever gave it to him is bullshit and how would they know who gave it to him anyway?

Sounds like a zombie to me.
haha. oh man, how did this comment go so unappreciated? Mushrooms my ass; I believe more careful investigating would reveal that Barnett was dead long before this kentucky homeowner did his part in suppressing the invasion.

If someone was trying to break into my house damn right I'd shoot that muthafucka
^hells yea, bPAYNE; dat's cause you hard!

Last edited:
"What about all the people who OD on heroin? They never charge anybody for that, and that's a direct effect of the drug."

They do in my state, IL, its a newer law called drug induced homcide.. people get charged with it when their using with someone and they die. Even if they call 911 and deal with it or whatever.. people have gotten 8-10-12 years from the law.. only like 4-5 cases or so that I've seen so far in the paper.. Some of the people deserved it tho, the first 2 guys charged with it left their unconscious "friend" sitting on a park bench by a school assuming he'd wake up and walk it off.. fucking duh! Another couple of kids fell out together and one 18 y/o girl didn't wake up and the rest did.. And then another group of kids took a od'd/dead guy and drove his body to the city and threw him out in an alley so it'd look like he od'ed there.. fucking brutal..

Anyways.. the poor shroomin kid didn't deserve to be shoot.. i can understand the guy being concerned with his familys welfare but what about calling 911 and talking to the guy and being like wtf is wrong with you first before shooting the kid.. guy musta been some hank-hill retard to not notice he was fuct on drugs and didn't have to be shot.

kind of reminds me how a few of my friends woke up to find people sleeping in their cars after a night of tripping face at a festival....

Make sure the house is yours, or your car, or wherever the fuck you decide to go is not a place where you will get shot....

Knives are sharp
Fire is hot
And no, you can not fly.

It takes a lot to get me so far gone that i will do something that will accidently result in my being hurt...

^that post gave me a good lol=D

an reminds me of a similar story of when a couple of my friends were tripping balls at an outdoor music festival, his girlfriend woke up in the morning to find a girl, not only sleeping in their tent, BUT she was inside the sleeping bag cuddled up next to her!!!!! when they all awoke and stated freaking, the uninvited guest was still tripping an started screaming to "TIM! TIM!! Would you tell these freaks to get the fuck out of OUR tent!!!honey tell them tell them, make them go away!" thing is there wasnt any Tim=D She was talking to an imaginary Tim and eventually ran out of the tent screaming and babbling. God I wish they would have got it on video or something bc that shit would have put me over the edge;)

^ I agree that the people/person who gave the guy the shrooms shouldn't have any legal consequences because what somebody does in their own time, high or not, is completely up to them. Nobody made this guy break in to somebody's house. Hell he could have been a burglar already and while tripping thought that breaking and entering sounded like a good idea8) obviously it wasn't but the homeowner has every right to protect and defend his home. He yelled multiple times that he had a gun and for him to leave. Thats suffcient warning IMO.

^ I agree that the people/person who gave the guy the shrooms shouldn't have any legal consequences because what somebody does in their own time, high or not, is completely up to them. Nobody made this guy break in to somebody's house. Hell he could have been a burglar already and while tripping thought that breaking and entering sounded like a good idea8) obviously it wasn't but the homeowner has every right to protect and defend his home. He yelled multiple times that he had a gun and for him to leave. Thats suffcient warning IMO.

The problem is shooting and killing an unarmed man with no intention of robbery or theft. Regardless, it's not a sufficient warning for someone tripping. Obviously the owner had no idea that the kid was on a psychedelic. However, If some nonthreatening 18 year old breaks into my home and is running around babbling to me, "Hey Dad!" I'm not going to grab a shotgun and blow his stomach in...

I think the owner is a moron and anyone who uses a weapon so recklessly doesn't deserve the right to own one.

when we were on acid my friends and i walked into some random house (thinking it was our friends). we checked everywhere in the house, couldn't find anyone. suddenly dawned on us that this was not our friends' house. when we went to leave, a pizza man rang the doorbell as we were opening it. it was awkward. But I sure am glad no one shot me.

The problem is shooting and killing an unarmed man with no intention of robbery or theft. Regardless, it's not a sufficient warning for someone tripping. Obviously the owner had no idea that the kid was on a psychedelic. However, If some nonthreatening 18 year old breaks into my home and is running around babbling to me, "Hey Dad!" I'm not going to grab a shotgun and blow his stomach in...

I think the owner is a moron and anyone who uses a weapon so recklessly doesn't deserve the right to own one.

I think you're a moron. Like seriously. This has got to be the dumbest thing i've ever read in my ENTIRE life. But I don't have to worry much about you living too long. Once some babbling psycho breaks into your house and you attempt to hold his hand, you're idiotic dribble will cease to spew from your mouth. Fuck.