• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

[Psilocybin] Teen shot to death during home invasion

The problem is shooting and killing an unarmed man with no intention of robbery or theft. Regardless, it's not a sufficient warning for someone tripping. Obviously the owner had no idea that the kid was on a psychedelic. However, If some nonthreatening 18 year old breaks into my home and is running around babbling to me, "Hey Dad!" I'm not going to grab a shotgun and blow his stomach in...

I think the owner is a moron and anyone who uses a weapon so recklessly doesn't deserve the right to own one.

Are you insane? A crazy babbling grown man who could be much stronger and larger than you breaks into your house in the night and bites you and you're going to have a nice chat and comfort him? You are spouting bullshit to prove you're superior to the supposed redneck you imagined.

I feel sorry for your spouse and or children if you are actually that irrational.

^^ These two above me hit it dead on the fucking button!!! God I felt good after reading your posts Garuda and Suppup, I was beginning to think I was the loner in this thread but now you guys got my back;)

Its so fucking insane that its hard to absorb. How can somebody say that when somebody breaks into your home in the middle of the night/morning and doesn't adhere to your warnings and then continues to attack you and bite you and wjo knows, this guy or in any case could be armed with a weapon as well but hasn't shown it yet. Whoever is dumb enough to take that chance and be his "friend" and make him some hot coco because the poor guy is just on a little shrooms and wouldnt hurt a fly8) fuck me running I sometimes wonder about people:\

No offense though really, to each his own and everybody is entitled to their own opinion, well for the most part:\

^Hot cocoa, be his friend? I'd put him in a guillotine and he'd be out cold in less than a minute. There's no reason to shoot the fuck....

I think you're a moron. Like seriously. This has got to be the dumbest thing i've ever read in my ENTIRE life. But I don't have to worry much about you living too long. Once some babbling psycho breaks into your house and you attempt to hold his hand, you're idiotic dribble will cease to spew from your mouth. Fuck.

Whatever rock you crawled out of, I'd recommend for your best interest and the interest of others for you to go back to your hermit lifestyle.

Babbling psycho? He was an 18 year old kid tripping on Mushrooms, I would have noticed he was tripping in minutes and no I wouldn't be threatened. I've gotten robbed at gunpoint before, you think I'm going to feel threatened and lose my composure over some kid clearly tripping his balls out on psychedelics? Start thinking out your posts before you reply, seriously. If you cant do that, leave Bluelight...

Are you insane? A crazy babbling grown man who could be much stronger and larger than you breaks into your house in the night and bites you and you're going to have a nice chat and comfort him? You are spouting bullshit to prove you're superior to the supposed redneck you imagined.

I feel sorry for your spouse and or children if you are actually that irrational.

How did this 18 year old kid go from an 18 year old teenager to a babbling grown man? What does strength or size have to do with it? Just because I disagree with your trigger happy mentalities doesn't mean I'm spouting bullshit.

Feel sorry for yourself my friend, because when someone breaks into your house that is actually trying to rob you and you end up shooting them. You better hope for your sake you have a bad shot, because if you kill them... have fun in jail. :\

Last edited:
I feel this would be the perfect scenario for a taser.

Maybe tasers should be chosen as the first line of defense for home owners with a pistol for backup...in case the intruder is coked out.

^You could have knocked him out or disabled him with just about any home appliance without killing him, that is my only point here. There was no reason, regardless of what the "scenario police" in this thread claim, to shoot "an 18 year old acting weird, who appears to be on drugs, and is calling you dad... oh btw he's gnawing at you too"

definitely sounds like a dangerous situation, better grab the gun for this one... oh and don't aim at his legs or anything make sure you shoot to kill... 8)

Last edited:
^Hot cocoa, be his friend? I'd put him in a guillotine and he'd be out cold in less than a minute. There's no reason to shoot the fuck....

Whatever rock you crawled out of, I'd recommend for your best interest and the interest of others for you to go back to your hermit lifestyle.

Babbling psycho? He was an 18 year old kid tripping on Mushrooms, I would have noticed he was tripping in minutes and no I wouldn't be threatened. I've gotten robbed at gunpoint before, you think I'm going to feel threatened and lose my composure over some kid clearly tripping his balls out on psychedelics? Start thinking out your posts before you reply, seriously. If you cant do that, leave Bluelight...

How did this 18 year old kid go from an 18 year old teenager to a babbling grown man? What does strength or size have to do with it? Just because I disagree with your trigger happy mentalities doesn't mean I'm spouting bullshit.

Feel sorry for yourself my friend, because when someone breaks into your house that is actually trying to rob you and you end up shooting them. You better hope for your sake you have a bad shot, because if you kill them... have fun in jail. :\

How do you magically detect that someone is tripping, and what about that state makes someone harmless? I recall a case a few years back that was very similar to this situation except the intruder was on DXM and he raped and killed the owner of house under the delusion he was "Mad Max".

An 18 year old is a legal adult, it matters if he is larger and stronger because even unarmed he could beat and disable you and worse, then he can move on to your family.

I suggest you google "self defense".

^ Haha, owned!

Stro0nZ just because you can tell if someone is tripping or not doesn't mean this guy can. Distinguishing between different drug induced states is not something the average non drug user is proficient at.

Not to mention the common propaganda that is spewed forth, even if he realized the kid was on mushrooms a lot of people tend to think psychedelics induce psychotic behaviour. I am pretty sure that just because someone is tripping doesn't magically render them harmless either.

Obviously I crawled out from the rock called reality.. Maybe you should join the rest of us.

You sir, have a talent no one else has in this world. You can see someone you've never met and know if they're tripping mushrooms within minutes. Please explain how you tell the difference between tripping and crazy? Have you ever been to a psych ward? They all look like they're tripping, but some of them would love to fucking eat you alive. So in the future when someones making a meatloaf out of you and your family(if anyone's dumb enough to breed with you) remember what we told you.

and LOL@the jail thing.... damn you're truly a idiot. 1. You wont go to jail for killing someone breaking into your house. 2. If you're more worried about going to jail than the safety of your own family.. you're truly are a fucking pussy and need to man the fuck up. I'd rather spend the rest of my life in jail than know I was too big of a pussy to stop my family from being hurt or put in harms way.

Hey I'd be willing to part with one of my testicles and give it to you if you'd like.. I think every man should have at least one.

Last edited:
How do you magically detect that someone is tripping, and what about that state makes someone harmless? I recall a case a few years back that was very similar to this situation except the intruder was on DXM and he raped and killed the owner of house under the delusion he was "Mad Max".

An 18 year old is a legal adult, it matters if he is larger and stronger because even unarmed he could beat and disable you and worse, then he can move on to your family.

I suggest you google "self defense".

Magically tell? You make it sound like it's some ancient sorcery shtick that one has to perform to be able to tell if someone is tripping. LOL, it's clearly obvious, and if you cant detect someone who is tripping than you probably shouldn't be posting on this forum. They are harmless in this state, unless they have a weapon, period, regardless of their spooky "size" that you make out to be a big deal.

This case is nothing like the one you mentioned, the guy was inside his house who shot the drugged "intruder." He had no direct contact. Just because the government says he's a legal adult, it doesn't matter.

Your straw man arguments are beginning to get overly redundant and annoying. I practiced NHB for a while now, trust me I'm familar with MMA. Stop diverting the argument from logistics to focusing on me.

^ Haha, owned!

Stro0nZ just because you can tell if someone is tripping or not doesn't mean this guy can. Distinguishing between different drug induced states is not something the average non drug user is proficient at.

Not to mention the common propaganda that is spewed forth, even if he realized the kid was on mushrooms a lot of people tend to think psychedelics induce psychotic behaviour. I am pretty sure that just because someone is tripping doesn't magically render them harmless either.

Owned? LMAO, what are you 14 man? The point is it has nothing to do with the drug-induced state he was in, the point is you don't carelessly shoot someone without reason. The kid never entered the house, he never had a chance to. All he heard was, "I HAVE A GUN, STOP COMING IN" and "BANG." Just because someone is tripping doesn't magically render them harmless, but it doesn't render them harmful either. Have you ever seen someone go manic on psychedelics? They can be disabled quite easily if needed...

Obviously I crawled out from the rock called reality.. Maybe you should join the rest of us.

You sir, have a talent no one else has in this world. You can see someone you've never met and know if they're tripping mushrooms within minutes. Please explain how you tell the difference between tripping and crazy? Have you ever been to a psych ward? They all look like they're tripping, but some of them would love to fucking eat you alive. So in the future when someones making a meatloaf out of you and your family(if anyone's dumb enough to breed with you) remember what we told you.

and LOL@the jail thing.... damn you're truly a idiot. 1. You wont go to jail for killing someone breaking into your house. 2. If you're more worried about going to jail than the safety of your own family.. you're truly are a fucking pussy and need to man the fuck up. I'd rather spend the rest of my life in jail than know I was too big of a pussy to stop my family from being hurt or put in harms way.

Hey I'd be willing to part with one of my testicles and give it to you if you'd like.. I think every man should have at least one.

This had to be the most illogical piece of writing in the history of internet forum debating. First off, enough with the personal attacks. You're not impressing me or anyone on this forum. It just makes you look like the typical cliché angry guy on the internet, who has no sane argument at hand that really can only resort to childish imprecations. Stop trying to project your inner angst towards me, projection is not going to make your point look any more valid. It just makes you look, well, immature and frankly, incoherent.

Yes, you will go to to jail if you kill an unarmed robber in your own house. There have been many, many cases of people who've went for the "self-defense" clause who have lost in court because they either killed or injured a thief in their home. You need to do some research, because the rock you call reality that you crawled out of has to be the rock of asinine lunatics.

Stop turning this into a YouTube battle, this is a well-established forum and not a place where children run amongst spewing their insecurities. Taking the straw man defense by talking shit isn't going to make you sound any smarter. Like I said before, you should probably stay off of Bluelight because you're not mature enough yet for this forum.

Last edited:
I guess you can't reason someone out of a position they didnt use reason to conclude.

Here read the article.

The homeowner reportedly yelled several times that he had a gun, telling Barnett not to come inside. However, Barnett continued to make advances toward the man. Police say the homeowner fired one shot at Barnett, hitting him in the arm, and going into his chest area. Barnett apparently fell to the floor but got back up fighting the homeowner, at one point, biting him in the arm.

The fight continued through the home and eventually back into the garage. When police arrived they arrested Barnett and transported him to Western Baptist Hospital for the gunshot, but he ultimately died.

Hes so harmless. He's been shot but in all his harmlessness he managed to get up and fight and even bite someone! You'd think since he was so harmless he would of just laid there after being shot. I think the home owner should be burned to death. Who does this motherfucker think he is just sitting in his house minding his own business then shooting someone breaking into his house WHAT NERVE! 8)

Oh and heres a little law for you.

Senate Bill 378
Senate Author: Wentworth et al.

Effective: 9-1-07
House Sponsor: Driver et al.

Senate Bill 378 amends provisions of the Penal Code and the Code of Criminal Procedure relating to the use of force or deadly force in defense of a person. The bill creates a presumption of reasonableness for the belief of a person who takes such action that the use of force or deadly force to protect the actor was immediately necessary and provides that the presumption would be reasonable if the actor:

1) knew or had reason to believe that the person against whom the force or deadly force was used unlawfully and with force entered, or attempted to enter, the actor’s home, vehicle, or place of business or employment; unlawfully and with force removed, or attempted to remove, the actor from the home, vehicle, or place of business or employment; or was committing or attempting to commit certain serious crimes;

2) did not provoke the person against whom the force or deadly force was used; and

3) was not otherwise engaged in certain criminal activity at the time the force or deadly force was used.

The bill provides that an actor who has a right to be present at the location where the force or deadly force is used, who has not provoked the person against whom the force is used, and who is not engaged in criminal activity at that time is not required to retreat before using force or deadly force.

Senate Bill 378 also provides immunity from civil liability for a personal injury or death resulting from the use of force or deadly force to a defendant who was justified under the law in using such force or deadly force.

Last edited:
I guess you can't reason someone out of a position they didnt use reason to conclude.

Here read the article.

Hes so harmless. He's been shot but in all his harmlessness he managed to get up and fight and even bite someone! You'd think since he was so harmless he would of just laid there after being shot. I think the home owner should be burned to death. Who does this motherfucker think he is just sitting in his house minding his own business then shooting someone breaking into his house WHAT NERVE! 8)

Oh and heres a little law for you.

OH NO! HE BIT ME, I'm GOING TO KILL HIM NOW! Enough with the redundancy, your point still doesn't justify shooting and killing the man. When a swift punch to the jaw would suffice, even a choke hold could disable him in seconds.

Your sarcasm, isn't the least bit convincing. Firstly, no, he does have a right to defend himself. However, it doesn't give him the right to kill the intruder. The intruder was still, in this case, defenseless and not a threat to the owner.

There's many loopholes in all law systems or justice systems, look for the cases where the bill is nullified because of the circumstances. I can even find a case where "similar rights" that should apply to all homeowners regardless of location, can even be stripped away:

http://www.4ni.co.uk/northern_ireland_news.asp?id=17467

There are many other cases that exist all over that conclude in a similar fashion, "homeowner goes to prison for manslaughter"

I'm not disagreeing with you that homeowners don't deserve the right to protect themselves, I'm disagreeing with you on this instance because that is what the thread is about. I'm also disagreeing with you on being able to blast anyone who accidentally or intentionally tries to break into your home that may not be a threat and could cost you, your life.

I don't understand why all you people are saying what the homeowner did was wrong. I believe in having weapons in the home for protection as well, and that they should be used on people if they present a threat in your home. I would of been able to tell the dude was tripping, but this guy couldn't or maybe he did? He could of thought he was fucked up on PCP or some shit, or that the guy was insane. I wouldn't take my chances, but the guy could of fired a nonlethal shot, but in those sort of situations you do not think. I feel sorry for the dude, and for the people charged with selling him shrooms. If I were the homeowner I would of shot the dude in the legs or something and called the police.

And also got a link to that DXM story? I've never had anything like that happen to me on DXM, shit.

If someone takes some Paxil or other drug prescribed to him and gets himself killed should his pharmacist or his doctor be sent to prison? No. What about a guy who buys a bottle of whiskey takes it home and drinks it then goes out joy riding and gets himself killed. Should the store owner go to prison? No.

Your examples just show the double standard that exists for illegal drugs. The war on drugs is a direct war on people. It makes me sad that there are laws that can just pick and choose whose lives are ruined and whose are not.

Someone also said that people don't get charged for heroin OD. That's not true. There have been stories recently going around here about that and even a member here was a part of a group that sold heroin to a girl that OD. I'm not sure what they charged them with but they were serious crimes.

I have mixed feelings about the homeowner. I mean, I don't think he should vbe charged with anything. This situation was totally sprung on him from nowhere. He saw a threat and acted on it. I don't think his life should be ruined just cuz some tripping guys came into his house, just like I don't think the dealers lives should be ruined.

I'm sure the homeowner feels guilt enough for taking a life now that he knows what has happened. Most people would feel guilt especially if they have kids and it could have been their kids. The guilt for killing someone's kids is punishment enough, the homeowner is not a threat to anyone.

OH NO! HE BIT ME, I'm GOING TO KILL HIM NOW! Enough with the redundancy, your point still doesn't justify shooting and killing the man. When a swift punch to the jaw would suffice, even a choke hold could disable him in seconds.

Your sarcasm, isn't the least bit convincing. Firstly, no, he does have a right to defend himself. However, it doesn't give him the right to kill the intruder. The intruder was still, in this case, defenseless and not a threat to the owner.

There's many loopholes in all law systems or justice systems, look for the cases where the bill is nullified because of the circumstances. I can even find a case where "similar rights" that should apply to all homeowners regardless of location, can even be stripped away:

http://www.4ni.co.uk/northern_ireland_news.asp?id=17467

There are many other cases that exist all over that conclude in a similar fashion, "homeowner goes to prison for manslaughter"

I'm not disagreeing with you that homeowners don't deserve the right to protect themselves, I'm disagreeing with you on this instance because that is what the thread is about. I'm also disagreeing with you on being able to blast anyone who accidentally or intentionally tries to break into your home that may not be a threat and could cost you, your life.

Once again - you're assuming shit. That man did not know this man was not a threat to his life or his families. He only found out AFTER the fact he was a man tripping on mushrooms. At the given time - he warned him and warned him. He had no idea what the person was capable of - he only knew he was breaking into his house. Which gives him plenty of right to shoot him. Not everyone is a UFC badass and are willing to engage in a hand to hand battle like you are or so it seems. If someone is breaking into my house I'm not going to go head to head with some random crazy man. Im going to give myself as big of a advantage as I can. This man had a gun and every right to use it.

And next time you find a article on a related subject try finding one that happened in the same country. Not 3000 miles away where their laws are completely different and completely irrelevent to the current situation.

And also got a link to that DXM story? I've never had anything like that happen to me on DXM, shit.

All I can find is a google cache of a news article, the papers site no longer has it up. And I was wrong there was no murder, the guy was also a teenager and broke in a woman's house and beat her and raped her. He claimed he was tripping on DXM and had no memory of the event.

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache...+dextroverse+mad+max&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=tt

As the 68-year-old woman testified Friday about the brutal effects of being raped and beaten with a crowbar, she paused.

The convicted Campbell County teenager known as “Mad Max” stared at the table before him.

“I’d just like for him to once look me in the eye,” the Lynchburg woman said.

Shay William Ward, 18, looked up at her across the Lynchburg Circuit Courtroom.

“You’ve raped a great-granny, you know. I hope you enjoyed it,” she said.

Ward looked back at the table.

A short time later, Circuit Judge Leyburn Mosby sentenced Ward to an active 31 years in prison for breaking into the woman’s Leesville Road home the night of May 5 and robbing and raping her at gunpoint.

Ward also beat her unconscious with a crowbar and told the woman to call him “Mad Max.”

The woman testified she suffered a cracked skull, dizzy spells that prevent her from a lot of driving and permanent decreased hearing in her good ear. Ward told police he didn’t remember most of the events because had had consumed more than 50 pills of the over-the-counter cough medicine Coricidin to get high.

He pleaded guilty in December.

After the hearing, the woman said she wanted Ward to look at her when he was sober to see what he had done and whom he had done it to.

“His eyes were dead,” she said. “He looked at me like he could have been looking at a statue.”

Before he was sentenced, Ward said that if given a second opportunity, he wouldn’t disappoint the court.

“I’d like to say I’m sorry for my actions,” he said.

Acting Lynchburg Commonwealth’s Attorney Mike Doucette asked the judge to give Ward life in prison.

“Why ‘Mad Max?’ Obviously, it’s a reference to a Mel Gibson movie about a world where there’s nothing but violence and terror. Why did he tell her he was Mad Max? It’s obvious. He wanted to strike terror into her and into the community,” Doucette told the judge.

“The only guarantee we have to protect society from Mad Max is to lock him up and lock him up for the rest of his life.”

Defense attorney Jamie Angel argued that Ward already faced 21 mandatory years in prison for the firearm charges alone in both Lynchburg and Campbell County.

He said Ward, who was 17 at the time of the crimes and had no prior record, became a different person when he used drugs.

“I think everyone who knows Shay Ward, if given a second chance, he could prove it wasn’t him … It was Mad Max, a person under mind-altering substances,” Angel said.

Ward pleaded guilty last week in Campbell County to robbing a neighbor at gunpoint on Greystone Drive and burglarizing a garage. He will be sentenced for those crimes June 6.

Several friends and family members testified Friday that Ward, who used the stolen money to buy dinner and a limo for his Brookville High School prom, had always been a good kid who’d never acted violent before. They blamed the drugs for his actions.

“He was going to go into the Reserves and make a good life for himself. He got caught up with the wrong people,” his aunt testified.

“The Shay we know is before Coricidin and Mad Max.”

Two doctors testified about the effects of Coricidin, an over-the-counter drug that more teens in the country are using recreationally.

A state forensic toxicologist testified that the amount of Coricidin Ward consumed would cause extreme sedation, unconsciousness and possibly death.

However, Charles Davis, the director of Central State Hospital, testified that Ward was “seriously chemically dependent” and that he could tolerate large amounts of the drug, which would cause visual and auditory hallucinations, “emotional numbing” and an “inability to appreciate other people’s feelings.”

He said such a dependency would also make Ward incredibly susceptible to the negative effects of the drugs.

“I think (this crime) was a direct result of his chemical dependency,” Davis said.

Davis said without treatment for Ward’s chemical dependency, his illegal behavior would be nearly guaranteed to return.

Judge Mosby called the case extremely difficult.

“I’ve been searching, trying to find out what happened to you,” Mosby told Ward.

“You’ve made her into a paranoid person. She’s lost her serenity and peace of mind and there’s nothing you or I can do to give that back to her.”

Though the woman said she no longer feels safe in her own home, she refused to move, unlike neighbors on both sides of her.

After the hearing, she said she was thankful for the support she received from the local Marine Corps League, of which her late husband was a member, for taking care of her and being in court Friday.

She also said she thought the judge’s decision was “a little soft.”

“But I’ll be dead when he gets out,” she said, “and everyone will know who he is and can protect themselves.”

http://www.newsadvance.com/servlet/Satelli...835228149&path=

Magically tell? You make it sound like it's some ancient sorcery shtick that one has to perform to be able to tell if someone is tripping. LOL, it's clearly obvious, and if you cant detect someone who is tripping than you probably shouldn't be posting on this forum. They are harmless in this state, unless they have a weapon, period, regardless of their spooky "size" that you make out to be a big deal.

This case is nothing like the one you mentioned, the guy was inside his house who shot the drugged "intruder." He had no direct contact. Just because the government says he's a legal adult, it doesn't matter.

Your straw man arguments are beginning to get overly redundant and annoying. I practiced NHB for a while now, trust me I'm familar with MMA. Stop diverting the argument from logistics to focusing on me.

I'm not the one claiming I have all these special skills above and beyond an average reasonable person. You might be able to detect the difference between someone intoxicated on psylocibin and PCP or just a plain psychotic, but your average person can't. Your average person is also in no shape to fight hand to hand combat with a intruder.

You also keep using ad hominems, claiming I just want to blast intruders. What happened here was a tragedy, but a justifiable and understandable one. Imagine yourself awoken in the middle of the night by an alarm, in the dark, your wife sees someone breaking in and screams, you warn the intruder repeatedly you have a gun and will shoot if he doesn't stop, and the psycho just keeps coming! Are you telling me at that moment when you have no clue what the guys intentions are or if hes armed you wouldn't defend yourself and your family?

I already know what you'll say, you'll say you have super human cool and would remain unflappable in the face of it all8)
I'm done, enjoy your self righteous sense of superiority over the murderous redneck gun nuts of the world.

Anext time you find a article on a related subject try finding one that happened in the same country. Not 3000 miles away where their laws are completely different and completely irrelevent to the current situation.

Ok angry straw man... btw it's "irrelevant" :\

I'm not the one claiming I have all these special skills above and beyond an average reasonable person. You might be able to detect the difference between someone intoxicated on psylocibin and PCP or just a plain psychotic, but your average person can't. Your average person is also in no shape to fight hand to hand combat with a intruder.

You also keep using ad hominems, claiming I just want to blast intruders. What happened here was a tragedy, but a justifiable and understandable one. Imagine yourself awoken in the middle of the night by an alarm, in the dark, your wife sees someone breaking in and screams, you warn the intruder repeatedly you have a gun and will shoot if he doesn't stop, and the psycho just keeps coming! Are you telling me at that moment when you have no clue what the guys intentions are or if hes armed you wouldn't defend yourself and your family?

I already know what you'll say, you'll say you have super human cool and would remain unflappable in the face of it all8)
I'm done, enjoy your self righteous sense of superiority over the murderous redneck gun nuts of the world.

Who's claiming to have some above and beyond skills? I know you want to appear to be winning this debate, but it's not going to happen by you blowing my responses out of proportion lol. You asked me to Google self defense, it just so happens I'm more than familiar with it. Then you asked me how is it possible to detect if someone is tripping or heavily under the influence of a drug, and all I said was that it is pretty obvious to notice.

The point has nothing to do with the homeowner not wanting to engage in hand to hand combat, the point is that the guy was not a threat. He did not need to be killed, even though I completely understand the circumstance - it still doesn't change the facts. You can try to debate this any way you want, but you're wrong. You don't take someones life that easily, it is not necessary and if you're a gun owner you have to take responsibility for your actions before you go ahead and pull the trigger.

You sound incredibly hypocritical by making false claims of me taking an ad hominem stance. When the reality is, the only person doing so is yourself. You keep changing the topic, by pointing the finger at me and my skills or criticizing my skills using satire. As we can see in your final paragraph.

The whole point of training in self defense, or in this case, acquiring your firearm license. Is to learn discipline and self-control to protect oneself at the rise of any unsuspecting moment, particularly one that jeopardizes your safety or the safety of others; where adrenaline levels skyrocket and normal people will buckle under pressure. If you can't abide by these fundamentals, then you don't deserve a weapon, whether it be your fists, knees, or a gun, end of discussion.

Last edited:
It is also worth noting that the homeowner did not shoot to kill, he shot the guy in the arm that then enterred his chest. It isn't as if he even shot him in the head which is obvious intent to kill, I actually believe the man had the right to do whatever he wants to a potentially dangerous intruder in his home.

This guy suffered a fatal gunshot wound and managed to fight with the homeowner hard enough that they travelled through several rooms of the mans house. I don't see what is harmless about that? He was obviously down for a fight and he obviously had a reasonable capacity to fight. I am glad you are powerful enough to incapacitate this man immediately when a bullet could not, that doesn't mean the rest of us are.

By the way I am not 14, I just found it amusing to see you get rebutted effectively after presenting such a ridiculous argument. By the way what exactly is this straw man you keep banging on about?

I would have shot that fucker too, shit. I don't if someone is under the influence it gives you the right NOT to shoot them, he was trying to break into his house. What would you do?