• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

11:11

mannequin

Bluelighter
does anyone else experience this phenom?? i see it so much that i keep a log of it.. i have also just found out December 21, 2012 at 11:11am is the official time of the solstice and end of mayan calendar, end of iching, and numerous prophetic 'ends' (but i like to say 'beginnings')

anybody can pick a random number to lock onto you crazy!

Last edited:
i always see the number 1111, sometimes i will randomly wake up at that exact time, or check my watch, or see it in other places.

I think its just like when you buy a new car and then you suddenly start seeing lots of cars that are the same as the one you bought.

Its just once something like 1111 gets into your head your brain will notice it more than any other random numbers, i bet we see 2057 or 1112 etc.... just as often its just that our brain doesnt pick it out and remember it as anything special

...it happens twice a day..
so yes, i see it often :p

i prefer 12:34 though.

I preferred 4:20 till I quit smoking pot %).

I think it goes back to the tendency for humans to find patterns when they are looking for them. It reminds me of those movies or "predictions" where they are like "well, if you subtract the current time, add tomorrows date, divide by your birthday, and multiply by 7, holy shit it comes up with the number of flowers outside of your house!"

^same here, when i smoked weed all the time i would wake up at 4:20 in the am soooo often. pretty weird

It's called 'selection bias', probably coupled with a subconscious tendency to look at the clock at exactly that time. I had it too in some periods.

I notice 11:11 every single day, usually both times. So does my wife. It's a pretty distinctive-looking pattern.

i apologize if this seems off topic, but everyone should watch "The Mayan Calendar Comes North" its like 4 hrs long but amazingly brilliant.

Take my word for it.

Yeah I've noticed when it's 11:11, ever since I heard about this. There's still something uncanny for me about seeing that time on a digital clock, even though I'm fine with it just being a symbol.

Whenever I see 11:11 on a clock I make a wish.
I have since I was a child. I don't recall who told me to do that but I still do it.

talk about weird.... I was looking over this thread "11:11" and before I came in and posted it had 11 posts and 111 views....

guess I just fucked that up.....

Its just once something like 1111 gets into your head your brain will notice it more than any other random numbers, i bet we see 2057 or 1112 etc.... just as often its just that our brain doesnt pick it out and remember it as anything special

I think this is the answer here.

I never was into numerology or anything like that.

When i was about 13ish i noticed that 11:11 is the most physically symmetrical time of day just because of the way the numbers repeat. After noticing this i started noticing the time was 11:11 more often than before i noticed this symmetry.

Because i didn't believe in numerology i naturally assumed that this was just because (as Mugabe has already pointed out) once you start thinking about something you notice it more often because it's already in your mind and your pattern recognition centres are primed to identify it.

I notice all sorts of times of day all the time (whenever i look at a clock) but i only make a mental note of it being special when i notice the physical symmetry of the numbers involved. Because of this special interest it would be easy to think that it happens especially often rather than that i just remember it happening especially often due to the symmetry point of interest making it stick in my mind.

I'm 27 now. I'm well and truly board of the physical symmetry of 11:11 that i first noticed when 13. As a result i no longer notice the time is 11:11 any more often than it is any other time.

edit - doesn't have to be physical symmetry that would make a number a point of interest that seems to jump out. After 9/11 people where seeing the numbers 911 everywhere obsessively or it could just be your favorite number or the number the system of numerology that you subscribe to tells you you should be interested in.

Last edited:
well, i was born at 11:11 am i think.
But, it was kind of unnatural...labor was induced!!!!
Yup, I was kicked out of the womb!!!

oh, and my rent this month was 456.78!!
weird!!!

It's called 'selection bias', probably coupled with a subconscious tendency to look at the clock at exactly that time. I had it too in some periods.

This sounds like it rings true. If you hold a certain number in the forefront, or even back of your mind, you're going to notice it alot more. Looking for that number on a clock, you would get used too that time of the day, when the clock says that time. Imagine how many times you look at a clock, or even see one briefly, or when you turn your head, maybe quickly enough that you may not consciously notice it.

Naturally, 11:11 isn't a number you would see very often in other walks of life. It doesn't represent anything, at least not collectively on a mass scale. But when we see it on a clock, it looks different, it stands out. Naturally we are going to notice it more often, even more so if we find a small amount of excitement or believe it to have meaning. Four lines with two dots in the middle. Almost symmetrical. 12:34 is fun too.