Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Codeine Extraction - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
250mg = 25 x pills with 10mg codeine each

25 pills x 2mL water/pill = 50mL

Size 0 capsules only hold about 0.7mL liquid....

So 50mL / 0.7mL = 71.43

Wait sorry my bad ahah, I read 250mg as 250ml. Nevermind!

I've also had the same thing as sustanon. I've done the cwe twice. first time about 200mg and second time about 400mg I think. Didn't feel too much out of it.
I'll eat 5 neurofen today and see if I get a buzz.

^ my throat clenches up slightly just remembering the taste.

Someone needs to come up with a new way of ingesting it tbh. Can't IV it, can't snort it, can't plug it, very hard to dry out and reduce to powder. Hmm....

How much liquid can fit into a gelcap?

if you're patient enough you could evapourate the water and be left with the codeine. i know i can't do that;)

i've actually been leaving my mix, before i've extracted it, in the fridge over night and filtering and drinking it whenever i need to dose. this has been pretty damn efficient because all the apap/ibuprofen settles to a nice sludge at the bottom of my cup so i can filter what is already as clear as solution possible.

i nearly spewed up an extraction this morning because i was thinking about the taste and started gagging:!. everything went well with what i just downed though. mixing it with a little GFJ kill some of the taste as well; i'd already drank a cup beforehand for potentiation.

if you're patient enough you could evapourate the water and be left with the codeine. i know i can't do that

Patience isn't one of my virtues :p It's tempting to do up a spare batch and leave it overnight to see if it works though. Any recommendations for evaporating it? I was thinking maybe leaving it overnight under a bright desk lamp, it's fairly heat sensitive isn't it? So just sticking it under the oven may not be a good idea.

I know a fan blowing air over top of the solution works well for evaporation, when drying codeine i wouldnt use any heat. If you're like me and patience isnt your strong point i'd try to forget about it or leave it over a weekend where u'll be keeping busy, to keep your mind off it. ;)

^ my throat clenches up slightly just remembering the taste.

Someone needs to come up with a new way of ingesting it tbh. Can't IV it, can't snort it, can't plug it, very hard to dry out and reduce to powder. Hmm....

How much liquid can fit into a gelcap?

I plug my codeine. Works great.

Really? I was considering it a while back, but I was told it wouldn't work for the same reason that you can't snort it.

Now if only I had an oral syringe around somewhere...

Patience isn't one of my virtues :p It's tempting to do up a spare batch and leave it overnight to see if it works though. Any recommendations for evaporating it? I was thinking maybe leaving it overnight under a bright desk lamp, it's fairly heat sensitive isn't it? So just sticking it under the oven may not be a good idea.

It heat AND light sensitive so that would be a no no...

Stupid fragile chemicals need to harden the fuck up imo :| Little light and heat won't kill ya!

Lol!!! The oven doesn't even go low enough not to burn it. Of all the chemicals part from like LSD codeine must be the biggest wuss...

if you're patient enough you could evapourate the water and be left with the codeine. i know i can't do that;)

i've actually been leaving my mix, before i've extracted it, in the fridge over night and filtering and drinking it whenever i need to dose. this has been pretty damn efficient because all the apap/ibuprofen settles to a nice sludge at the bottom of my cup so i can filter what is already as clear as solution possible.

i nearly spewed up an extraction this morning because i was thinking about the taste and started gagging:!. everything went well with what i just downed though. mixing it with a little GFJ kill some of the taste as well; i'd already drank a cup beforehand for potentiation.

That's a nice idea about leaving it in the fridge overnight, I might try it next time.

GFJ doesn't potentiate codeine. It would make the high last longer but would actually lessen the effects. Seeing as how it's a pretty weak opiate to begin with I would think you would want it to hit as hard and fast as possible!

put it in a large wide pyrex dish just to increase the surface area. you dont use that much water in extraction anyway i dont have to much trouble evaporating without heat.

what have people found is the BEST filter? i found coffee filter terrible i mean they either rip or take hours to go through without great results at the end. Microfibre cloth i find works best but its quite thick and i loose some of the solution in the fibres even if i squeeze it unfortunatly

My coffee filter ripped the first time I used one, doubled it up next time and had no issues since. I find it generally takes no more than 20 - 30 minutes to finish.

Ok, but why not just use that extra water in the first wash? You aren't getting the benefit of less paracetamol if you go ahead and wash it again anyway.

Yeah sorry, I was rather unclear about that part in my first post. Basically the idea is that the second lot of liquid is used on a different occasion (from 4 hours to a number of days later) and not at the same time as the first.

It is indeed true that using more water in the first place will produce the best results in terms of codeine amounts. However after (rather unwisely) using this on regular occasions for many years now I've found the large amounts of paracetemol to cause problems for me.

As such, I try to perform the extraction using as minimal amount of water as possible. Codeine is hugely soluble in water, so even 1ml could hold a gram or more. Paracetemol on the other hand, isn't so soluble at about 1gram per 100ml.

I put enough water over the pills so they are just submerged. Usually I end up with about 20ml's after filtering - which, by my non-scientific calculations, should be 5 times less paracetemol than 100ml's. I might be missing something important here, so that figure mightn't be entirely accurate, but at any rate, my body certainly seems to appreciate the lower paracetemol dose. The amount of codeine which gets through generally seems to be enough to provide decent effects, though it does vary from brand to brand.

Just out of curiosity, what happens when you get too much paracetemol? And how heavily were you using for how long?

Yeah sorry, I was rather unclear about that part in my first post. Basically the idea is that the second lot of liquid is used on a different occasion (from 4 hours to a number of days later) and not at the same time as the first.

It is indeed true that using more water in the first place will produce the best results in terms of codeine amounts. However after (rather unwisely) using this on regular occasions for many years now I've found the large amounts of paracetemol to cause problems for me.

As such, I try to perform the extraction using as minimal amount of water as possible. Codeine is hugely soluble in water, so even 1ml could hold a gram or more. Paracetemol on the other hand, isn't so soluble at about 1gram per 100ml.

I put enough water over the pills so they are just submerged. Usually I end up with about 20ml's after filtering - which, by my non-scientific calculations, should be 5 times less paracetemol than 100ml's. I might be missing something important here, so that figure mightn't be entirely accurate, but at any rate, my body certainly seems to appreciate the lower paracetemol dose. The amount of codeine which gets through generally seems to be enough to provide decent effects, though it does vary from brand to brand.

Ah ok makes sense now, if you're using it on a different occasion. I think your figures are slightly off, from memory 1g of codeine will dissolve in 7ml of water at 21C, and 1g of paracetamol needs 70ml at 21C.

Codeine Type Solubility (31C water) Solubility (21C water)

Aspirin 1g / 100 ml 1g / 300ml

Acetaminophen 1g / 70 ml 1g / 150 ml

Codeine 1g / 2.3 ml 1g / 0.7 ml

Phosphate ?g / ? ml ?g / ? ml

According to erowid.

Looks like I was a bit off too! Does anyone have the figures for ibuprofen?

According to RXlist it's solubility is 1mg/1ml of water, it doesn't list the temperatures though so I'm a little suspicous of these figures. I would assume it's at 25C.

@Crankinit, too much APAP, which can be as little as 4g for some people, but normal closer to 7g leads to liver damage. From what I hear APAP liver damage is really painful too. If you do your filtration properly you should only get 1-1.5g of APA, so it's no worse than taking 2 normal tablets. Long term use or multiple does daily could give you trouble though. Drinking alcohol increases the stain on your liver too, so it's probably best to avoid it when using codeine.

Status
Not open for further replies.