Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Codeine - consuming more then 360mg in 24 hours

magzter

Greenlighter
I took 210mg of codeine and 1000g of paracetamol about 13 hours ago. would it be safe to take another 360mg of codeine oral now?

no i extracted 6 panadeine forte tablets, which should have no or a very low paracetamol count.
thanks aswell skatkid
This is only my second time doing codeine, first last night with a 210mg dose and i felt very little effects so i thought i would up the dose.

Last edited:
I swallow 5 nurofen and get a pretty good buzz. 60kg's no opiate tolerance that's 64mg.

I think i'm sensitive to it . . . or maybe it's my weight, but yeah weed is a must with codeine.

its not your weight, i'm ~60kg and 60mg gives a decent buzz but nothing special.

300mg and a nice bit of weed, now thats heaven.
Makes me a bit useless though haha

I took 210mg of codeine and 1000g of paracetamol about 13 hours ago. would it be safe to take another 360mg of codeine oral now?

mg maybe??? :)

It's always a good idea to give at least a few days between dosages if you're trying to find your sweet spot.

^^ haha the thought of eating a kilo of paracetamol is a little offputting 8) I agree with spacing doses out, I even find dosing in subsequent days to have diminshed effects.

Dosing codeine a second time in the same day probably won't be very rewarding; codeine inhibits the enzyme that is needed to metabolize itself into morphine. So redosing don't work out as well as the original dose unless you have multiple copies of the CYP2D6 enzyme.

If you want codeine to work well you need to have a empty stomoch. I have also found that lower doses around 150mg more enjoyable than say 300mg...don't ask me how that works but a few people I know have noticed the same.

Also it's probably good to note that codeine generally has a ceiling dose of about 350-400mg. After that the effects of higher doses dont tend to do alot more. Some have reported an LD50 of 800mg (in humans supposedly), but who can say eh

^ Yep, for most people going over 400 will just lead to an increase of negative side effects (itching, nausea, etc...)

AlexxRed said:
If you want codeine to work well you need to have a empty stomoch. I have also found that lower doses around 150mg more enjoyable than say 300mg...don't ask me how that works but a few people I know have noticed the same.

Did you find that it worked better due to less side effects, perhaps?

Its the same with most drugs the mind is..

You wont notice as much of a high as u might of the first time just like with most drugs its all about the first come on of the drug or the first few hours. Thats probably why IV opiate users overdose cause they want that first hit to be the best. If they could get as high by doing multiply dose's spread apart i think there would be a lot less deaths. With codeine CWE I drink 1000mg over a few hours to try to beat that ceiling dose of ~400mg. I also use other substances but thats another story.

Yeah like i said with most drugs you notice them more when they come on fast as the mind doesn't get a chance to get used to the change.

Try some other drugs to mix in take it slow. Like maybe try some of these drugs with it (not all at once) phenergan, soma, quinine, dramamine, benzos, Catapres (Clonidine), check out opiate potentiators i think the best info on it to date is on an opiate website i can't recall called opiod.org or something along those lines.

sounds like the cold water extraction wasn't right if you ate 210mg and you've never really used before.

210 is a a pretty bigdose for a first timer. I found in extreme pain, i.e. migraines, broken limbs that 150mg is very adequate (5x30mg forte). I'd be really careful using the Cold Water Extraction process. I'm a very experienced and have found sometimes a slight mistake can cause the dose to be low, vs high the next time. There is no proper way of determining if you've extracted 80% of what you wanted or if it was just 20%. These days i just don't take paracetamol, thus when I need a strong dose of codeine I'm free to indulge.

I also find that mixing it with the rikodene also changes the anti-histamine response. Perhaps the isomer of the different type changes how the body sees it?

^ How do you find DHC affects the histamine response? As far as I know DHC itself has less of a histamine problem, but I don't see how that would affect codeine.

^ Perhaps chugs means that he can take less of the two overall because they work well together to produce desirable effects but produce lower histamine responses?

I can't say, I've always had promethazine with DHC, so never experienced the full histamine response.

With codeine CWE I drink 1000mg over a few hours to try to beat that ceiling dose of ~400mg.

Don't know if that will work; codeine is a CYP2D6 inhibitor itself so you really want to take it all in one go. There's no way to 'beat' the ceiling effect, only to potentiate via CYP2D6 inducers or 3A4 inhibitors, as you suggest.

Haha, gotta love chugging down a glass of disgusting tasting 500 mgs of codeine only to have your face and back inflate like a balloon. Make sure you have non-drowsy antihistamines on hand in case this happens, and take like 8 times the normal dose.