• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Codeine - consuming more then 360mg in 24 hours

^ Yeah for some reason non-drowsy anti-histamines never seem to do the trick with opioid itching and nausea for me; perhaps because it's different histamine receptors involved?

^ How do you find DHC affects the histamine response? As far as I know DHC itself has less of a histamine problem, but I don't see how that would affect codeine.

well with the rikodeine I find the following:

• insomina, more so then any other opiate. Reminiscent of drinking poppy tea
  • Little to no anti-histimaine response i.e. no itch, nasua,
  • however compared to a similar dose of forte. the high is somewhat different, i.e. its a more mental one....very dissimilar to heroin but as i've noticed somewhat similar to poppy tea. That said I prefer the high produced from the phosphate. For some reason it like that of the one produced by heroin

So when I've combined Dihydrocodeine tartrate and Codeine Phosphate, say 90mg of the phosphate and about 50 to 80ml (90 to 150mg approx) of the tartrate I get the best of both worlds. Great for pain management (middle ear infections kill me), far less itch. Though the throat does get a bit dry. The thing that literally shits me about the rikodeine is the sorbitol flavouring. I think i'm going to tell the chemist that i'm allergic to the flavour and ask if there is a alternate product. That's why i find mixing it to work well, smaller dose of sorbitol, less to drink (that flavour has turn me off rikodeine for the moment.

Whilst at the sametime I eat less paracetamol on the forte side whilst reducing the anti-histamine effect.

Like all good things though best not to abuse the combo and limit to when you really need it, i.e. pain management

^ Cool, thanks for the explanation chugs and sounds like an interesting combo. :D

^ I have noticed the same thing Mr Blonde, fexofenadine etc do nothing while promethazine 50mg takes away all the itches even from a high dose of codeine.

well with the rikodeine I find the following:

• insomina, more so then any other opiate. Reminiscent of drinking poppy tea

Really? I find DHC to be much more sedating than codeine.

I think i'm going to tell the chemist that i'm allergic to the flavour and ask if there is a alternate product. That's why i find mixing it to work well, smaller dose of sorbitol, less to drink (that flavour has turn me off rikodeine for the moment.

Unfortunately you won't find any other DHC products in Australia. Don't know why, I'm sure an OTC DHC product would sell very well ;)

^ I have noticed the same thing Mr Blonde, fexofenadine etc do nothing while promethazine 50mg takes away all the itches even from a high dose of codeine.

for some strange reason I find that ant-histamines take my hight away,

Really? I find DHC to be much more sedating than codeine.

strange. Have you tried Poppy Seed Tea and how do you find heroin?

chugs said:
for some strange reason I find that ant-histamines take my hight away,

Really? Weird, which anti-histamines have you tried? How do they take the high away, like do you just feel less high then previously or as in the anti-histamines add effects that make the experience less enjoyable?

@chugs - Yeah I did notice I was slightly more high without promethazine, but it's so worth it because the itches were unbearable! I would rather be pleasantly warm and happy then a little bit higher with no skin left :)

Not once have I had luck with PST. Tried every brand available, sourced wholesale and organic and still nothing. Not worth the risk IMO to go above 500-600mgs. Never tried H either, not really my thing.

Really? Weird, which anti-histamines have you tried? How do they take the high away, like do you just feel less high then previously or as in the anti-histamines add effects that make the experience less enjoyable?

um little red ones start with proth (or something like that). Perhaps the same one you chaps are talking about. I found that i continued to itch. I've tried zertec and the common brands and i find that they just sort of null the high and don't really stop the reaction.

That said I've always been sensitive to opiates. For example everytime I used to shoot up smack I'd find myself throwing up. That said a good codeine high for me is reminiscent of heroin, say after the rush. That warm cotton wool feeling. I find my mind to be rather dreamy. Taking anti-histimaines seems to take away that empathetic effect.

Sort of like when I drop vitamins (berocca) and magnesium before having some MDMA. For reason the high ain't the same. Less emotional, not so extreme.

Re little red anti-histamine tablets strangely I don't remember the name of them but I do recall that they were originally prescribed for depression and then when the patent was sold as a generic drug with anti-histamines properties. That said I did get that from second hand. They are also well mixed with a few beers but tend to make one rather sleepy.

Good for mixing with cannabis (not that i've tried it since one puff is enough to get me super high).

@chugs - Yeah I did notice I was slightly more high without promethazine, but it's so worth it because the itches were unbearable! I would rather be pleasantly warm and happy then a little bit higher with no skin left :)

Not once have I had luck with PST. Tried every brand available, sourced wholesale and organic and still nothing. Not worth the risk IMO to go above 500-600mgs. Never tried H either, not really my thing.

yeah the PST worked and didn't work. It goes without saying (almost) that it tasted like shit (drinking dirt), but the high was strange, it was speedy at times and then you'd start nodding off...very weird. Then again Poppies have many different psychoactive opiates contained within.

Re the itch i'd suggest you give the tartrate mix with the phosphate, more of the first less of the later, keep it say under 100mg and you'll see how its just different, less itch. Also onset, duration and peak are very different.

But when i get itchy, i just wet my head, put long sleeves on and enjoy that smackie itch....oooohh yeah

sadly though I no longer really participate in such activities. Just use them for pain relief event. ah oh well

^ Don't know what you're thinking of... only red ones I know are a generic brand of fexofenadine. Oh well, doesn't matter.

Yeah was thinking about a codeine+DHC adventure soon. Might try my normal codeine dose plus maybe 100-150mg DHC. I wonder if it will be more intense...