Whats your favourite album?

samb834

Bluelighter
Off the top of my head i'd have to say Fat Freddys Drop - Based on a true story... Awesome dub/reggae album with great beats and live horn section and great lyrics... Great summer album!

Another one, more house / techno album is Guillaume and thr Coutu Dumonts - Face A L'Ese... Absolutely great production and a brilliant album to put on when you get back from a club with a few mates and obviously still rolling...

Let the music session begin...

My favorite album is 76 by Armin van Buuren. I really think some of the tracks on it helped define trance. It's his best release, back when he was younger.

my favourite electronic cd is undoubtedly surrender by the chemical brothers

alasdair

Bil Bless - Squarnch

is way up there for me. fucking stunning work and it grows on me every time I listen to it.

too many to name. it goes in cycles and when i think of one its not edm and has more to do with the time and who i listened to it with than the actual music =/

fav album of 09, so far is without a doubt Fever Ray

uh.....either Phil Western-1221 or Download-The Eyes of Stanley Pain

right now that is.....

favorite non EDM: Tool - Undertow

EDM:

Leftfield - Leftism
Orbital - Brown Album
FSOL - Accelerator
Underworld - Dubnobasswithmyheadman

Thanks guys, some awesome albums..

My favourite genre of music is house / techno and ive got tons of music fitting the bill... However in the last year of so I have taken up the saxophone and fucking love it. Jazz and blues is great to listen to but not in the "getting back from the club" setting.

Is anyone aware of any good albums that combine electronic music with live sax / horn section? That is the holy grail which I am searching for... The previous album that I mentioned by fat freddies drop almost fits the bill but im still on the search...

Disappointed that no-one has mentioned th egreatest album of all time:

The Prodigy - Music for the Gilted Generation

Their first album, Experience, is also a blinder.

Other albums I'd rate as brilliant are:
Bomb the Bass - Into the Dragon
Ferry Corsten - Right of Way
Chemical Brothers - Singles 93-03
808 State - 90
808 State - ex:el
Zero 7 - Simple Things
Jose Padilla - Souvenir
Air- Moon Safari
Groove Armada - Vertigo

Cheers JoeTheStoner, i'll definitely check that out.

Heres another couple of albums that are pretty good

Ratatat - Ratatat
Richie Hawtin - DE9: Transitions

Blockhead has also made some pretty decent stuff if your interested in trip-hop / dub style music

The "Back to Mine" series are also worth a listen, basically a series of compilations made by DJ's as music they would listen to themselves, some really good stuff in there - check them out on amazon

lately been bangin out

Freq nasty - pollsbooth vol 3
grinspoon - guide to a better living
Hard Kandy episode 3, prety old school but i love it

and right now listenin to - Lil wyte - the one n only

dunno either...

Shpongle - Are You Shpongled?

or

Hallucinogen - Twisted

Off the top of my head i'd have to say Fat Freddys Drop - Based on a true story... Awesome dub/reggae album with great beats and live horn section and great lyrics... Great summer album!

New Zealand Represent =D=D=D

do you have Peaceblaster, the new one?

I do have it, but I wasn't nuts about it, I really only enjoyed a few songs - Shock Doctrine, Beyond Right Now, Peaceblaster '68... I love STS9 though all around, I see them live every chance I get.

Thanks guys, some awesome albums..

My favourite genre of music is house / techno and ive got tons of music fitting the bill... However in the last year of so I have taken up the saxophone and fucking love it. Jazz and blues is great to listen to but not in the "getting back from the club" setting.

Is anyone aware of any good albums that combine electronic music with live sax / horn section? That is the holy grail which I am searching for... The previous album that I mentioned by fat freddies drop almost fits the bill but im still on the search...

You might like some of Ursula 1000's stuff, try to get whole albums as the tracks work better in the mix.

Ernie by Fat Freddie's Drop is awesome.

My favourite album is Dead Ringers by RJD2 - the man can produce! If nothing else, you must listen to Smoke and Mirrors, and Good Times Roll Pt 2.