• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

oxytocin

asecin

Bluelighter
guys i was wondering how come nature played such vicious trick that when men experience orgasm they receive tryptophan (just like anyone else old, young male or female when taking dietery supplement or eat certain food) WHILE ON OTHER HAND only females experience oxytocin when having orgasm which is completely different thing unknown to men and it considered more pleasurable.
i think that is a nasty joke nature plays on us.

anyway question is, can oxytocin be injected into men to experience it, or is this forever forbiden for us ?

Oxytocin is released in both sexes after an orgasm (about 10mg's).

I don't think injecting it will even help it cross the BBB, you'd need to something else along with it that would help it do that. But you can cause a release of oxytocin indirectly, either through stimulation of 5-HT1A or 5-HT2A receptors, or possibly inhibition of vasopressin (ADH). MDMA for example, which causes release of serotonin is known to do this. Supplementation of fenugreek can increase oxytocin levels. Theirs also many other ways to release it or increase endogenous levels even without drugs.

actually ive read about it and it is strictly female hormone. even if men get it at rare cases, its probably below even half what females get on average.

anyway i wonder what other ways to increase it

^ Nope, it's about equally found in both sexes, but women tend to have higher levels during and after pregnancy since it's needed to stimulate uterine contractions, lactation, and maternal behavior. Why would it be solely in females? Even estrogens are found in men, and testosterone in women, though one sex may have more of it that the other generally.

Here are some ways to stimulate OXT:
- Fenugreek - found in supplement form and ingredient in curry powder and cheap maple syrups.
- dietary protein - to provide the building blocks
- sexual arousal and orgasm - partially why masturbation and sex relieve stress so well
- activation of 5-HT1A and 5-HT2A receptors - taking tryptophan, 5-HTP, SSRI's, and psychadelics can trigger release of oxytocin
- high estrogen to testosterone ratio
- intimate relationships
- soothing or reassuring stimuli
- yoga
- excercise
- massage
- nurturing/caring for a pet or person
- joining a support group
- love
- giving selflessly - also causes 5-HT increase studies show
- affectionate touching

This 10mg number is nonsense though; I can't find any sort of real documentation for that.

^ while i do not know a figure i would venture the number is closer to 10mcg than 10mg, and probably in the least sub 1mg

one must realize you want to specifically stimulate oxytocin IN THE BRAIN as otherwise all it will do is produce some unwanted side effects in most

this is why 5HT1a is the ticket as it release oxyT in the right places in the brain

Anyone know of any chemicals that are thought to primarily release / stimulate oxytocin? Sounds like that would be a very interesting chemical to me..

yes as noted 5HT1a agonists including MDMA and many of its analogues as well as others mostly less well known and fairly obscure

Their are also OXT agonists being developed. Probably as pharmaceuticals for autism or AS sufferers

I've read that dancing releases oxytocin. I've wondered how much agents that affect anti-diuretic hormone would also affect oxytocin since the two are sort of relatives. But I've read that in some situations oxytocin is an antagonist of anti-diuretic hormone.

Just incase any of you are interested in shooting oxytocin please don't
In my hooked on oxycontin real bad days i was jonesing something fierce and found some at the hospital were my cousin was delievering her baby so i though it was some good shit

so i pulled up about 50 cc and put it in my vein shaking like a bitch all of a sudden i had the worst out of body experience in my life i literally saw myself walking through the house praying i wouldn't die when i opened the door to outside when the sun hit me i fail to my knees

it was only the stupidest thing i have ever done and it changed me i cant really shot anymore from the flash backs so please all you pleasures seekers b carefull know, know , know what you are getting into bfor you are into it

If I am not mistaken, males have vasopressin, where as femals have oxytocin. Both cause smooth muscle contractions in the body and stimulate dopaminergic reward pathways in the limbic system. In my biochem class, we looked at the position of oxytocin/vasopressin receptors in the brain as we compared prairie and montane vole rodents. If receptors were within the reward pathways of the limbic system, the rodents would be monogamous. If not, they were promiscuous little guys. We also looked at studies linking trust to oxytocin (in humans). So basically, those really nice, altruistic, faithful, and trusting people are just getting high off their own chemicals %).

A friend of mine apparently had sprayable oxytocin, like in one of those nasal bottles. Is that possible? He said he felt relaxed and happy, but not drugged at all and not down.

That is what they used in the "trust" experiment with humans.

Live with love, and you will increase your levels of oxytocin. Simple as that. It's involved in practically all of the behaviors associated with all forms of love, sexual or non-sexual. It plays different roles in men and women, but shares some basic functions in both. It's not so much responsible for love as love is responsible for it, in my opinion. Loving behavior helps one to develop a healthy hormonal balance, which leads to a balanced reward system.

That is a drastic over-simplification, but mostly an accurate one, I reckon/hope.

That really doesen't cut it. In all the experiments I have read, love and monogamy are a direct result of oxytocin or vasopressin, not the other way around. I suppose you could argue about volition and quantum physics directing the release of oxytocin, but if that is what you mean, please expound.