Testosterone and Thoughts

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
How does testosterone change your thoughts? Does it make you more confident? More sexual in your thinking?

Without wanting to prime the discussion (like with the above suggested questions haha) - I'm simply interested in how it affects YOU cognitively. You could also add (if you want) what types of drugs you were on (if in addition to testosterone).

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it make you more confident? More sexual in your thinking?

yes it turns you into the terminator, you just start looking for things to fuck. Also it shortens your fuse a little.

Last edited:
haha...really? I can't tell if you're joking or not.

for my part, I'll add that it makes me a little more sexual (a little more incessant in my desire to get my nut off), but most interestingly it puts me in touch with thoughts that I haven't been thinking for years...it puts me in touch with thoughts I had when I was very young, just turning teenager or so. Very strange.

I was out in the woods the other day and I realized I was thinking like I thought when I was younger looking at everything and taking it in and feeling right.

That probably is the main thing: it makes me feel whole, complete, and right.

I am not surprised it has this effect on people, since testosterone is used early in life and then in puberty to 'wire' certain thoughts (sexual but also extends into other parts of personality). There is such an intimate connection between mind and body its not surprising that a little squirt of testosterone reincites these old thoughts.

I also notice more efficient nutrient shuttling, which makes my body feel better after lifting...quicker to recover/restore glycogen...that has an effect on my well-being...I feel more euphoric because my body feels better. For the first time in my life after squatting and deadlifting HARD I feel after a few hours mentally like I want to get back in there and rip that shit off ground again and go at it (even though my body is physically damaged and needs recovery time! :D).

Dunno really though :)

Agreed. Elevated testosterone levels made me hornier and more confident. (Which is pretty much the way it's supposed to work; elevating testosterone levels is one way your body tells you that all is right with the world. On the flip side of the coin, sick/depressed guys tend to have lower testosterone, which causes them to be less aggressive/outgoing in order to preserve resources and protect themselves.)

for my part, I'll add that it makes me a little more sexual (a little more incessant in my desire to get my nut off), but most interestingly it puts me in touch with thoughts that I haven't been thinking for years...it puts me in touch with thoughts I had when I was very young, just turning teenager or so. Very strange.

I was out in the woods the other day and I realized I was thinking like I thought when I was younger looking at everything and taking it in and feeling right.

I am not surprised it has this effect on people, since testosterone is used early in life and then in puberty to 'wire' certain thoughts (sexual but also extends into other parts of personality). There is such an intimate connection between mind and body its not surprising that a little squirt of testosterone reincites these old thoughts.

I also notice more efficient nutrient shuttling, which makes my body feel better after lifting...quicker to recover/restore glycogen...that has an effect on my well-being...I feel more euphoric because my body feels better. For the first time in my life after squatting and deadlifting HARD I feel after a few hours mentally like I want to get back in there and rip that shit off ground again and go at it (even though my body is physically damaged and needs recovery time! :D).

Wow- makes me want to buy some test!

I began taking testosterone about 6 months ago and I do believe it has affected me cognitively.

I can relate to what another poster said about thinking like a teenager.
For the last few weeks I keep having memories of when I was a teenager. Little events, that were insignificant at the time they happened, just pop into my head. I would never have believed that all that stuff was stored somewhere in my head.

It's like I'm systematically reliving my childhood and teenage years.

When it comes to sexual thinking, the effect has been quantitative - I don't think about sex differently, I just think about it more often.

One poster mentioned "juicers". Well, I don't make any testosterone at all, so I have to take injections. Not all who use testosterone are abusing testosterone. However, I am sorry to hear about someone who struggled against the effects of someone who might have abused the hormone.

Last edited:
yes every thing in moderation is good. after the age of 40 I will be on hrt dose for the rest of my life. I cant stand living with a low test level

Ditto!

I was prescribed testosterone shots two weeks again, and I feel like a young sexy man once again :)

Testosterone and possibly its metabolites are sigma-1 ligands. Gaian, did you read this?

http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/abstract/323/5916/934

The Hallucinogen N,N-Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) Is an Endogenous Sigma-1 Receptor Regulator
Dominique Fontanilla,1 Molly Johannessen,2 Abdol R. Hajipour,3 Nicholas V. Cozzi,1 Meyer B. Jackson,2 Arnold E. Ruoho1*

The sigma-1 receptor is widely distributed in the central nervous system and periphery. Originally mischaracterized as an opioid receptor, the sigma-1 receptor binds a vast number of synthetic compounds but does not bind opioid peptides; it is currently considered an orphan receptor. The sigma-1 receptor pharmacophore includes an alkylamine core, also found in the endogenous compound N,N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT). DMT acts as a hallucinogen, but its receptor target has been unclear. DMT bound to sigma-1 receptors and inhibited voltage-gated sodium ion (Na+) channels in both native cardiac myocytes and heterologous cells that express sigma-1 receptors. DMT induced hypermobility in wild-type mice but not in sigma-1 receptor knockout mice. These biochemical, physiological, and behavioral experiments indicate that DMT is an endogenous agonist for the sigma-1 receptor.

How does testosterone change your thoughts? Does it make you more confident? More sexual in your thinking?

Without wanting to prime the discussion (like with the above suggested questions haha) - I'm simply interested in how it affects YOU cognitively. You could also add (if you want) what types of drugs you were on (if in addition to testosterone).

Absolutelyl. Alpha male juice that's what test is,

it depends? lol of course

everybody has a different maintenance (and thus different over-maintenance). You still don't want to gorge I would think because fat WILL accumulate (though at a much slower rate!). I've noticed shooting about 400 calories above my maintenance has been slowly adding mass (up 11 pounds in 1 month and have accidentally slipped some cutting days in there so actually have lost some fat too). Its some potent stuff.

I also noticed that either I am used to the hyper-sexual aspect of the drug or that aspect has died down a little bit since I started. The first 3 weeks were a roller coaster of good feelings...now I'm settling into the cycle I just feel GOOD and strong and (definitely) horny (all the time). Only have 12 more amps though it has been a good run so far :)

I think I might be able to push up to 20 pound gain (+ some fat loss) if I can stay ON IT with diet.

I've only tripped on cycle once now (since I'm always kinda beat from lifting it makes the thought of tripping kind of undesirable).

The one time I did though I felt a much greater sense of empowerment and more in contact with my ego and strengthened by the hormones flowing through my veins. I felt less fragile like I have felt before on strong psychoactives...I felt more like I wanted to challenge the psychoactive in my mind and triumph over it.

Thats only one trip though. I'm planning on tripping again soon sometime while on cycle, because its so beneficial to my mental health...so I wonder what the next time will be like.

I've only tripped on cycle once now (since I'm always kinda beat from lifting it makes the thought of tripping kind of undesirable).

The one time I did though I felt a much greater sense of empowerment and more in contact with my ego and strengthened by the hormones flowing through my veins. I felt less fragile like I have felt before on strong psychoactives...I felt more like I wanted to challenge the psychoactive in my mind and triumph over it.

Thats only one trip though. I'm planning on tripping again soon sometime while on cycle, because its so beneficial to my mental health...so I wonder what the next time will be like.

Sweet, that reinforces my own theory about it. Body issues are the main block I get when I take psychedelics. I'm psyched to trip again!

I just tripped out last week for the first time in a couple years.

I had an ego shattering event several years ago where I completely lost it. Twas a very bad trip and I swore them off forever. I thought I was experienced with shroomin having almost a dozen lifetime trips with shrooms alone. I suppose some are more potent than others.

A quarter on an empty stomach, albeit more than I had previously ever ingested sent me to a place I never want to be again.

But this time it was fun, brought back that old feeling. And I laughed so hard it hurt. I actually felt an ego boost this time and I thought I was better than everybody else. I was the fucking man in everything I did. It was strange.

It would be great to feel like that all the time. My ego has shrunk back to its humble self.

Its strange how tripping swaps around your ego so much.

I just tripped out last week for the first time in a couple years.

I had an ego shattering event several years ago where I completely lost it. Twas a very bad trip and I swore them off forever. I thought I was experienced with shroomin having almost a dozen lifetime trips with shrooms alone. I suppose some are more potent than others.

A quarter on an empty stomach, albeit more than I had previously ever ingested sent me to a place I never want to be again.

But this time it was fun, brought back that old feeling. And I laughed so hard it hurt. I actually felt an ego boost this time and I thought I was better than everybody else. I was the fucking man in everything I did. It was strange.

It would be great to feel like that all the time. My ego has shrunk back to its humble self.

Its strange how tripping swaps around your ego so much.

That sounds very satisfying! Are you taking any steroids?

No. Although I'm fairly certain I'm suffering from low test levels.