• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA's negative effects

0mniscient

Greenlighter
I've been reading a few threads that have talked about ecstasy's use "catching up to you," and it's "not even worth it."

From what I know, ecstasy is a pretty safe drug compared to others.

Forgive me for my ignorance, but I registered here to learn more about drugs, so please inform me on the adverse effects of ecstasy -- both short and long term.

k, im gunna tell you a little story, i had used mdma probly 5 times, but in low quantities, and yes i enjoyed it, who wouldnt. 5 days ago i bought 6 grams of this shity fucking shit and did like 2-3 grams through out the night (snorting), yes it was a blast at the time, but the next morning my whole noise was totally clogged with blood mixed snot, and everytime i blew my nose it hurt like a mother fuck. Also when you snort mdma you it numbs the pain, so ur not gunna feel it til the next day. ALONG with my nose my whole thought hurt like a mother fucker(imagine the worst throat pain youve had when ur sick and you swallow it hurts right?) this was 5 times worse then that, and along with that, when you snort this stuff it goes throogh ur nose down ur thought and in your lungs, corroding everything on the way down. the next day i could not stand up straight because it hurt SO FUCKING MUCH TO EVEN Breath. After that night i could barley walk, i had the shakes, and little control of my body, i probly looked like a fucked up dude.
Along with the shittiest hangover of my life, i told myself i would never do it again, but kept it just because i didnt want to waste the money i spent. So 3 days later when my immune system, nose and lungs had slightly recovered. i decided to do it again. i stayed up all night digesting and snorting this, and i couldnt/wouldnt stop, i kept doing it until my body was almost in a seizure, and i could barely move or stand. this was the first time i had bought/used it in such a high quantity. after that night that i used it orally, i developed a painful ulcer in my mouth, along with a super fucked up rash all over my face, and i dont know if it will go away. So please im warning you, yes it seems fun at first, and thats what i thought when i first tried it many months ago, but it will fuck you up. Just becaue u tried it once, and dont experience any of the symptoms i did doesnt mean that it wont happen. i may sound like a fucking party pooper, and i would be saying that this drug is the shit a week ago, but it really isnt

I'll do my best-
It's not that dangerous overdose wise(although I think # of deaths/year is going up, but use is also going up, and some people use tons each night that they use). The way people die is dehydration or drinking too much water. This isn't really a fear of most of ours because we can just keep drinking some water throughout the night. Risk goes up with alcohal/coffee/high temps/whatever dehydrates you. So, actual damage not involving death:

Over use can damage serotonin receptors. It also lowers serotonin level but that's not a big problem (fucking 5-htp guys, it's common sense, and yes, it does work to raise your serotonin level after rolling).
This can lead to:
-worse short and long term memory than you had.
-Stuttering
-Dyslexia(writing things down for the most part, your essays will look fucking retarded if you don't read over and fix them a few times. Reading too though, and glancing at things you may read them wrong).
-"Shadow people". It's like you think you see somebody or something out of the corner of your eye, then look over for it, and it's actually just a dark blanket on a chair, not a person sitting there in your house! I guess this counts as hallucinations? I hate them, but it can be mildly entertaining sometimes to be honest. Still I wish it didn't happen.
-depression.

Those are all from brain damage. Weight loss(muscle and fat) from a lot of over use happens to some people, but this isn't a huge problem IMO, it's not like it's permanent.

So there. Don't over use if you're going to use. If you ACTUALLY space out 2 months or more each time you shouldn't be having big problems (it's possible though). If you're using a dozen pills that 1 day every 2 months then you're going to be way more likely to have problems than if you only use 2-3. IMO the younger you are the faster the problems can occur, and if anything smarter people may have more noticable problems than people that started out less smart...but that's just a guess based on what I've seen.

JUST DON'T OVER USE. Using once a month will probably lead to some problems, and that's just ONE MORE DAY ever other month of the year (more than waiting 2 months), so is that worth the risk of problems? I over used and wish I hadn't, but the longer I go without the less noticable all the problems are.

The biggest things is to live a healthy life anyway. Eat well(enough, and not too much), work out, both endurance and lifting even if it's minor, and keep yourself thinking through things to keep yourself sharp!

good luck, have fun.

I just want to make this second post so people can think through this a bit:

Think about if you roll once ever 2 weeks, you will obviously end up with some problems in not that long. That's one day every 2 weeks, that leads to damage that will annoy you daily. Worth it? Some people are more lucky than others, but just play it safe and space it out a while.

I'm just going to say I've used a lot of MDMA in my years of rolling, I've abused it at different times in my life.

And while I was at my height of usage I felt the effects on my body and mind, and I thought it would last forever.

But after taking multiple breaks and now basically on a break forever and using not very often at all, "once in a blue moon" you can call it I feel no long term effects and when I use I don't feel depressed or like shit after my rolls nowadays.

I also use different vitamins daily for the past couple years and I like to think that helps a lot.

To get the least amount of negatives i would say have at least 3 MONTHS in between not 1. I had around 1 and a half month in between every roll for about a year and a half give or take and i still noticed changes for the worse. I even had clean tested pills pretty much all of my rolls, except maybe 2 times. Trust me 1 month in between is NOT enough, it WILL catch up to you. Rolling should be kept for very very special occasions. 3 months in between!

k, im gunna tell you a little story, i had used mdma probly 5 times, but in low quantities, and yes i enjoyed it, who wouldnt. 5 days ago i bought 6 grams of this shity fucking shit and did like 2-3 grams through out the night (snorting), yes it was a blast at the time, but the next morning my whole noise was totally clogged with blood mixed snot, and everytime i blew my nose it hurt like a mother fuck. Also when you snort mdma you it numbs the pain, so ur not gunna feel it til the next day. ALONG with my nose my whole thought hurt like a mother fucker(imagine the worst throat pain youve had when ur sick and you swallow it hurts right?) this was 5 times worse then that, and along with that, when you snort this stuff it goes throogh ur nose down ur thought and in your lungs, corroding everything on the way down. the next day i could not stand up straight because it hurt SO FUCKING MUCH TO EVEN Breath. After that night i could barley walk, i had the shakes, and little control of my body, i probly looked like a fucked up dude.
Along with the shittiest hangover of my life, i told myself i would never do it again, but kept it just because i didnt want to waste the money i spent. So 3 days later when my immune system, nose and lungs had slightly recovered. i decided to do it again. i stayed up all night digesting and snorting this, and i couldnt/wouldnt stop, i kept doing it until my body was almost in a seizure, and i could barely move or stand. this was the first time i had bought/used it in such a high quantity. after that night that i used it orally, i developed a painful ulcer in my mouth, along with a super fucked up rash all over my face, and i dont know if it will go away. So please im warning you, yes it seems fun at first, and thats what i thought when i first tried it many months ago, but it will fuck you up. Just becaue u tried it once, and dont experience any of the symptoms i did doesnt mean that it wont happen. i may sound like a fucking party pooper, and i would be saying that this drug is the shit a week ago, but it really isnt

and thats why it's a bad idea snorting mdma....

Shulgin reccomended no more than 3 times a year. Tell that to a chick at a party and she'll go, yeah, right. Google "down regulation of serotonin" and "effects of blocking serotonin presynaptic reuptake".

Last edited:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned brain zaps yet...I hoping some one would explain them cuz I have not effing clue what they are.

sleep paralysis is enough to scare me shitless lol plus gaining a tolerance are its only downfalls id say to me anyway.

MDMA can bring out latent mental health issues, at least from my experience. I was a very tearful and insecure child and after using MDMA moderately for a year and a half I started getting pretty horrible anxiety on the comedown as well as in everyday life. Be careful with your use--every dose counts.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned brain zaps yet...I hoping some one would explain them cuz I have not effing clue what they are.

SOMEBODY PLEASE DESCRIBE WHAT THESE ARE FROM!!

I got them after MDMA/Meth pills(like most people who've gotten them), along with a little alcohal and 2c-i and maby some other stuff I don't remember. Only the MDMA and Meth were in notable amounts though. I'd feel zaps starting the next day for a few days straight. Haven't rolled since, like 11 weeks, going at least 15. I want to know what damage those are from though, they feel like fucking electricity!

>...Dont snort it,thats it.How the fuck MDMA damaged your lungs? How can u feel that u are near seizure>? They OP will swallow pills, so your stupid warning dont have nothing to do with MDMA.

Last edited:
One of the main side effects I get these days is i'm tired for the whole week after wards. I'll wake up after a good 8 hours worth of sleep but still find myself tired and it takes me a good while to wake up fully. Kind of stops me from doing things like going to the gym. But after a week it pretty much stops.

Ahh, brain zaps. The official position of the medical community seems to be that they don't know for sure what causes them...but I do have a theory. Have you ever played with dominoes, lining them up on end so when you knock over one of them, a whole long line of them fall over?

Brain cells like to pass along signals to each other, a bit like one domino knocking over the next which knocks over the next, etc. Normally this process doesn't go too far; some of the brain cells will resist being 'knocked over', causing the signal to stop.

Drugs like MDMA can alter the ability of your brain cells to stop the signal. As a result, a random firing of a brain cell can probably cause a run-away chain of nerve firing, much like one knocked over domino causing a huge array of others to be knocked over in sequence. It's probably similar to a seizure; just much shorter (because the brain is able to stop the run-away signal fairly quickly...just not quickly enough to stop that 'electric shock' feeling in your head.)

These 'brain zaps' are commonly associated with drugs that artificially increase serotonin levels (such as the common anti-depressants and MDMA.) This is most likely because when your brain temporarily reduces its sensitivity to serotonin (tolerance) after being exposed to these drugs, and serotonin is one of the neurotransmitters that makes brain cells more resistant to firing.

Generally the symptom should go away in time (days to months, depending on how altered your brain's sensitivity to serotonin is.) I would be inclined to take it as a warning sign that you may be using too often if you start getting 'brain zaps' in the days after using MDMA (or any other drug.)

We used to just call it being burned out. Have little history, and even less interest, in MDMA. More neurotoxic and not a shadow of it's daddy, MDA. With MDA within about ~24 hrs. your brain would reboot, as long as you had some self respect and left it the hell alone for a while.

Ahh, brain zaps. The official position of the medical community seems to be that they don't know for sure what causes them...but I do have a theory. Have you ever played with dominoes, lining them up on end so when you knock over one of them, a whole long line of them fall over?

Brain cells like to pass along signals to each other, a bit like one domino knocking over the next which knocks over the next, etc. Normally this process doesn't go too far; some of the brain cells will resist being 'knocked over', causing the signal to stop.

Drugs like MDMA can alter the ability of your brain cells to stop the signal. As a result, a random firing of a brain cell can probably cause a run-away chain of nerve firing, much like one knocked over domino causing a huge array of others to be knocked over in sequence. It's probably similar to a seizure; just much shorter (because the brain is able to stop the run-away signal fairly quickly...just not quickly enough to stop that 'electric shock' feeling in your head.)

These 'brain zaps' are commonly associated with drugs that artificially increase serotonin levels (such as the common anti-depressants and MDMA.) This is most likely because when your brain temporarily reduces its sensitivity to serotonin (tolerance) after being exposed to these drugs, and serotonin is one of the neurotransmitters that makes brain cells more resistant to firing.

Generally the symptom should go away in time (days to months, depending on how altered your brain's sensitivity to serotonin is.) I would be inclined to take it as a warning sign that you may be using too often if you start getting 'brain zaps' in the days after using MDMA (or any other drug.)

not sure if this is the same thing but sometimes i feel litle zaps but its not in my head its mainly my face and upper body like a quick little shock its kinda horribal. i don't have it now but when it was bad it kinda made me feel nauseous for a bit.

I've been reading a few threads that have talked about ecstasy's use "catching up to you," and it's "not even worth it."

From what I know, ecstasy is a pretty safe drug compared to others.

Forgive me for my ignorance, but I registered here to learn more about drugs, so please inform me on the adverse effects of ecstasy -- both short and long term.

If your safe and keep the moderate then you wont run into trouble.

I once knew a guy who said he only rolled every 3 months and everytime Id see him at nocturnal or ecd he would be rollin balls like his first time.

then I knew this guy named MasterSplinter. He had a problem busin E close to twice a week at his peak, now he barely feels good fects from E at all :(