Sugar-03/02/02-Millennium Ballroom-Dayville, CT

MrJaMaL

Bluelighter
Muck Crew & LifeSpan Proudly Present To You
SUGAR
World class selectors for the evening's festivities:
Paul Johnson [Dust Traxx Chicago/Nocturnal Interludes] Chicago
Born and raised in the birthplace of House Music, Paul Johnson who has over forty five releases (on Dust Traxx Chicago, Undaground Therapy, Cajual/Relief, Dance Mania, Riveria, Full House, Confidential, IHR, Peacefrog, and Djax) and six full-length albums (on Nite Life Collective, Relief, Moody, Peacefrog, and ACV), is one of our hometown heroes. Recording under the aliases Traxxmen with Robert Armani, Brother 2
Brother with Gant Garrard, and Yonkapin on his own making both deep disco house excursions and techno bangers, Paul is known world wide for setting and resetting the direction of House Music time and time again. "Playing With a Rubber Band", "Just Whistle", "Burnin' for Your Yearnin'", and of course, "Get, Get Down" (which, by the way, came out on Moody, Defected, Fuel, Legato, and Rise), have all become part of our hearts, our minds, and our souls. His remix work for Craig Alexander, Gant Garrard, Studio Nova, Stacy Kidd, Joey Beltram, Green Velvet, Armando, CC Penniston, CZR, Ron Trent, K-Alexi, and Steve Poindexter has made their way into all the big jocks boxes, some of them remain there to this day. Presently working on a new full-length album, Paul, when on the decks, promises every time to take us on a Chicago House wild ride as only he can incorporating Gospel House, Garage, and Chicago Trax as only sir Johnson can!
Misstress Barbara - CD release party for "Relentless Beats Vol. 2" on
Moonshine Music / Montreal

Born under the Sagittarius sign in Sicily, Italy, in 1975, Misstress Barbara (4 "s" as a word game between miss and stress) moved to Montreal
at age 8, where she lives since. She holds a degree in Communication Studies, specialized in Cinema, and a glider and cessna plane license.
Her creative involvement with music began when she picked up the drums at the age of 12 and started playing in bands. For the next seven years she was absorbed by classic rock, punk, and all the hard music of the time.
Then in 1994 her musical interests shifted to techno and a year later she traded in her drum kit for two turntables and a mixer. In the spring
of 1996 she got her first booking and hasn't looked back since, playing all the major cities in North America as well as Hong Kong, Philippines, Germany, UK, France, Brasil and soon to dominate the rest of Europe, Asia, and Australia. In just four years of DJing, she's played alongside artists such as Masters at Work, Carl Cox, Sven Vath, Richie Hawtin, and many others. Misstress Barbara's various music tastes brought her to play many important North American clubs such as Twilo (NYC), Velvet Underground (London), Sona (Montreal), Industry (Toronto), Aloca (Sao Paulo), just to name a few. She has also played many big events but one of her highlights was playing at "Fashion Cares" in Toronto; a 5000 person AIDS benefit fashion show party hosted by K.D. Lang and Rupaul.
She likes to describe her main style as "drummy funky pumpin' techno" and her most important musical influences come from the shuffling of
Jazz and from the repetitive grooves of Latin music. Regardless of the influences her typical hard beats have always been the driving force in
her music and have always come first. These elements are immediately recognizable in her productions, yet she can be very different from one production to another but never lose the thread between shifts in sound or style. This is also true for the records she chooses to play and how she builds her full-tilt nights.
Freddy Fresh - CD release party for "Music for Swingers" / MN / London
Freddy Fresh has been producing dance music for 15 years and moving some of the top dance floors around the world for over 20. He has collaborated with international artists such as Fat Boy Slim, The Freestylers, Eminem, Grandmaster Flash, The Sneaker Pimps, and Gus Gus. Through his production work he has been awarded both underground as well as top 40
successes in Europe. His new full length album entitled “Music for Swingers” marks the release of his 6th artist album and is sure to deliver
more of what he does best: funky electro beats with a modern day twist.
Odi / G-Force / Brooklyn Music.com - New York
Hush / Growroom Records / Mother Tongue / Greenhouse Effect – Amherst
Tommie Gunn / Netwerk One – FLA / NH
Tim Logan / Move / Axis / Boston
Snafu w/ Fubar (live percussion) / Muck Crew.com / Spiritual Emporium /
CT
Optimus Prime / Lifespan / School Yard Records / MA
Paulinnate / Lifespan / MA
Six & Joel Fever / Muck Crew.com / D.O.M.E. / MA
DJ Kett / Muck Crew.com / K.O.S. / MA
DJ Lasher and Dan Gilbert / Dark Star Music / MA
Mister Omega / 3rd Input / RI

**directions and parking information will be posted on www.muckcrew.com the week of Sugar**
**This is a small capacity party so I would advise getting your tickets early to ensure entry**
Date: 3/02/02
Time: 9pm - 5am
Where:The Millennium Ballroom - Dayville CT
Price:$23.00 adv, $28.00 day of show
Contact Info: www.muckcrew.com or (860)571-3881
Ticket Outlets:
Spiritual Emporium-Hartford, CT (860)524-9719
Growroom Records-Amherst, MA (413)549-9296
Satellite Records-Boston, MA (617)536-4852
Lunasea-Providence, RI (401)272-5862

[ 11 February 2002: Message edited by: MrJaMaL ]

Woohoo!!! It's about time CT is gettin some talent finally!!! And the month after Donald Glaude will spin here too. I know I'll def be here. :)

Two words: Misstress Barbara. 'Nuff said. and Paul Johnson too... w00t w00t!
YES I will be at this party, even if it leaves me even more broke than I already am! :D
Peace ~Katie

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
*/notes bdreligrrl's very good taste in music...*
Misstress Barbara and Paul Johnson for under $30 bucks = an answered prayer. Especially since I won't be able to see her at "Boo" because I'll be in the Netherlands....
Totally off the subject here, but I'm in New Orleans for the Mardi Gras right now...(it's my first time) EVERYONE here is MAD friendly! hehe...talk about seeing some really weird shit though!! There's been parties and parades and shit going on for the past few days straight...everyone is totally wasted. The locals here tell me that tomorrow's gonna be even worse being "Fat Tuesday" and all.
Met a lot of cool party kids that invited me and my friends to a "renegade" as they call it here...
See you guys at SFASC.
-Teddy
[ 12 February 2002: Message edited by: Speekah Phreekah ]

Damn Jamal, ya beat me to the punch :)
Mistress Barbara threw down on of the best sets of 2001 IMO at Wish Upon a Star, and I'll DEFINITELY be catchin her & Paul Johnson at this party, definitely worth the price of admission by far.

^^^ Dave, Misstress Barbara's set at Wish was BY FAR one of my favorite sets of last year (if not ever). She blew me away, I've never danced so hard/so long in my life as I did that night. See ya at Sugar! :)
Oh and thanks for the compliment Speekah Phreekah :)
Peace ~Katie

Teddy, u lucky bastard. I have been wanting to go there for yrs. I am definitely going next yr. I just have to.
Dave, sorry, couldn't help it.
I won't be in attendance at this party, but I hope you all have fun.

Katie - Yeah, I started a thread in Music/DJ's asking people to post their fav. live sets of 2001, and I believe I listed her 2nd or 3rd (Behind Sasha, Digweed & Jimmy Van M @ Avalon). Though I'm not expecting the set to blow me away as that one did (that'd just be foolish), it definitely should be a good night :)
Jamal - You've yet to go to a Millenium party, this looks like a real good choice to break your Millenium cherry.. so you're goin, that's that. :)

Wow.. I totally forgot that she spun at "Wish". That was the party where RHV ruined what would've been a perfect set with a stale mix of Darude's "sandstorm". hehe. Her set was off the hook at that party. She ROCKED at "One Nation"!
-Teddy
[ 01 March 2002: Message edited by: Speekah Phreekah ]

im there, first for mistress barbra, second for optimus prime, i caught his set at a previous party here at it was tight. hopefully they got a better sound system for the jungle room, but somehow i doubt it

Kev, don't doubt the Muck. You can doubt 3rd input all you want cuz they deserve it. but Muck is a different story. ;)

Muck throws some banging parties. All their events up in Fitchburg, MA were insane. I haven't been to a Muck party and been let down yet. Definately gonna be at this one...

Yup, Muck's definitely got a good reputation, one that they earned. My fav. party ever was a Muck party (Wish Upon a Star), and I'm definitely looking forward to see what Muck Crew will do with the Millenium. :)

Our shitty hometown keeps giving the owner of Millenium shit for having raves it sucks. Last rave there was a Fire Marshall there to make sure only 250 people were allowed in at one time. Of course good old Ed (the owner) stretched it quite far, but when you hear Muck, you think mad people and it's gunna suck if they try to restrict Muck who has 4 parties booked at Millenium over the next 9 months.

Word!! I just saw Misstress Barbera at Buzz in DC last friday! She threw an amazing pounding italian techno set!!!!
Definitely gotta check out Relentless Beats 2.
I might have to bust some major ass to make it to this party! Does anyone have any idea about this venue??? It's gonna be my 1st time at this place so I hope it lives up to the hype.

^well the Millennium Ballroom is okay... it's pritty small has 2 music rooms and a foyer[with coat check and the doors to the Bathrooms] it has a bar it and a portch you can go out on to get a breath of air. it's not a huge place but depending on the people Spining and the quality(not quantity) of the people at the party you can have alot of fun here. Security arn't a bunch of total pricks, don't get me wrong they try and stop illeagle activitys case thats they're jobs, but they're not going to search you for taking to long of a piss or something

Well kids, it looks like I will definitley be at this party. Some undeniable force has made me buy tickets... :D I havent been to a CT party in about ohh... 2 years, so this should be fun. see ya'll there.

This is quite a trek for me.. even further than the Asylum in Mass even tho i am in CT...................................................... but ill try to make sugar and spice.. they def look like good parties. WOOOT!!! Paul Johnson... he's my hero.
heh heh