• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Death of a Friend

JDSD

Bluelighter
Dear all bluelighters. Quicksilver my best friend died 2-12-2001. His parents found him dead in his room, and they suspect an overdose of some kind. I know Quicksilver well enough that he would never be dumb enough to do that. That is why I would like to know how much morphine and/or vikadin it would take to kill a man.

Sorry for your loss and the pain you must be in. I don't know much about the OD side of the situation but it still hurts nonetheless. Try to remember the good times you shared and the memories you can keep forever. Tomorrow is a new day and with each day hopefully you'll find the strength to live life the way Quicksilver would have wanted you to. Your best friend will be with you forever in your heart and your memories and NO ONE can take that from you! Here's a HUGE hug from a stranger because it is important for you to feel the strength of others when you might not feel you have any. Try to just get through each minute of each hour of each day until the sun will shine for you once again. I mourn your loss with you.

VERY sorry to hear - without alchohol or other substances (depressants) - morphine and vicodin take rather high doses (especially with opiod tolerance and dependence).
it is possibly that a congenital defect was exposed by heavy drug use (it is possible).
i'll share a story with you...
my best friend supposedly died from a rather low dose (300-500mg)of demerol while on shrooms and drinking.
he was very experienced..
before he died he visited me (we lived in different states) - he brought a pill which he clamied to be methadone. i called poison controll (as i always do when i am presented with a pill i do not recognize) - and they said it was a cow traquilizer - and if ingested by humans could kill.
he called me when he got back to his home - i told him to talk to the girl he got the stuff from - tell her what she was selling - she swore it was methadone - he believed her - i had taken the pill from him and flushed it. he got the demerol from her.
before his death (at a party) - he was coherent but tired (comming down from the s - he went to sleep on the floor (on his side - someone rolled him onto his back - big no no) - when everyone woke the next morning he was dead (in the same position - no muscle spasms)
his brother was a cop - and no autopsy was performed (he believed the cause of death to be demerol - since he knew his brother was on demerol ) - to protect the family image.
i told them about the situation i observed (i believed he was poisened by the girl) - but no one followed up.
make sure the family gets an autopsy - cause you never know.

This is why I am also looking for the answers - it was my understanding that the only drugs that may be involved were hydrocodone and morphine sulfate - I also knew Quicksilver very well, and he had always seemed to be one who knew what he was doing ...
Again, if you have any information about what he may have been taking, please come forward...
------------------
"When I saw the extent of my empire, I wept, for there were no more nations to conquer"

JDSD, I am very very sorry, not only because of you're loss, but because I do not have any answers to offer you
frown.gif
I just wanted to let you know that I understand completely what you must be going through right now. When I was fifteen, my best friend was murdered by another friend of mine and her uncle. They wanted her car to take to Mexico.. Something dealing with a lot of Coke, but I don't know the whole story from their perspective, nor do I want to. So I guess I just wanted to say that I understand and I wish you the best of what you can make out of this and more. *HUG*
------------------
--The Grrringe
It's too bright outside...*scowling*

JDSD, I am very very sorry, not only because of you're loss, but because I do not have any answers to offer you
frown.gif
I just wanted to let you know that I understand completely what you must be going through right now. When I was fifteen, my best friend was murdered by another friend of mine and her uncle. They wanted her car to take to Mexico.. Something dealing with a lot of Coke, but I don't know the whole story from their perspective, nor do I want to. So I guess I just wanted to say that I understand and I wish you the best of what you can make out of this and more. *HUG*
------------------
--The Grrringe
It's too bright outside...*scowling*

Unfortunately...I think that there are no hard and fast answers at this point. When all the smoke clears, there will be some very valuable lessons in there somewhere. Suffice to say, it's gonna hurt like hell for a while and there's not much that you can do about that. Time helps more than anything. Just remember that as tragic as it may seem, your friend was a gift from God. My heart goes out to you.

to have a friend OD and die on me is a nightmare which haunts me all the time...i sympathize with you and others who have experienced this horrible reality...my condolences...

Dear God...
This is the first I've heard of this...He and I only just met a few months ago, but we became friends very quickly...
My condolences to you and his family...
We will miss him very much :*(

i literally cried for him today, and i've never even met him.
imagine being there with him in his room breathing his last breaths.
think of all the years of life he lost.
try and feel what it would be like to find your son dead in his own bedroom.
the grief his family must be going through right now...
[This message has been edited by day_for_night (edited 14 February 2001).]

please listen...
to everyone who knew him - dont let this screw you up - dont go through all the what if scenarios - dont blame yourself.
as posted above - my best friend died at a party - 4 of the people there trashed themselves over the guilt - one of which nearly killed themselves. 2 had to go to rehab - the addictions they developed to kill the pain of guilt and confusion were overwhelming.
morn the loss then celebrate the life of your friend - life is fragil.
i think about my best friend almost every day (he died 6 years ago) - i celebrate my time on earth with him by adopting some of what he was and letting it shine through who i am.
when a close friend - especially a best friend - dies, part of you dies too. in time - rebirth occurs.

I just talked to him yesterday. Man, this is hitting me like a ton of bricks. It's strange, I was just thinking about the fact that I am going to die someday about an hour ago. And now this. The world turns upside down. I'm very sad.
-Myco

I am now 90% sure what killed him. He probally snorted 4-5 30mg morphine with atleast two vicadin, along with atleast 1.5mg of alprozam.
Ryan (quicksilver)once said that the visuals are always there only when you take a drug does your mind open a window to see the visuals.
Ryan was so expierence with medications I still cant believe he died. I miss him so much i really don't know what to do. At his grave i will leave a vics inhale, banaca spray, lip gloss. Why? Because he always carried these things in his pocket, I am sure he will need them to where ever he has gone.
JD

Fuck...
I just got back from a business trip an hour ago or else I would have posted to this thread sooner.
I spoke with Quicksilver that same night. I remember that we were laughing because he told me that he was going to take some opiates. I chuckled and said: "I got you beat bro, I just popped my hydrocodone"... he then answered: "Yeah, but I'm injecting Morphine". I typed back: "Damn... you win!!!"
We talked for a while longer and then he suddenly said he wanted to "Just go up to his room and chill"... then he logged off. That was the last thing I heard from him.
Quicksilver and I had been talking for months. Moreover, almost every day for about 2 weeks now we had chatted at night, and had become very good friends. He even made sure to act as an "Internet Sitter" through my 2ct7 trip on this past Saturday. He talked to me for over 5 hours straight, just because he was concerned! It is almost cryptic now re-reading the trip report I had posted before I left, and realizing that I had mentioned his kindness in it that night.
I have met few individuals, regardless of age that had the intelligence, kind heart and maturity that Quicksilver did. Through our time talking together over the past few months I can truly say I grew to love him like a brother. I have lost a dear friend.
I send my deepest condolences onto his family, and to anyone else on this forum who found him to be the exceptional person and friend that I found him to be.
Thanks, Quicksilver - we won't forget you.
[This message has been edited by Sebastians_ghost (edited 14 February 2001).]

May Quicksilver rest in peace.
You younger lighters please take note of this. Please use drugs wisely. You alone control your destiny.
My condolences to his family and friends.
- Halloween.

This is very sad. yesterday kept getting worse and worse. It is the first anniversery of the painful and elongated death of my grandfather(to whom I was closer than almost any other relative), and then this comes. If he did die from a morphine OD, than they both died the same way, except my grandfathers was euthinasia, and an escape from horrible pain, while quicksilver's was an accident, making everyone very sad. May they both rest in peace and be happy in heaven(or be reincarnated as good things).
+
I would also like to say that this reminds all of us about how short life is. I have to go visit the grave of my grandfather soon, I was sick yesterday so couldn't unfortunately. I am actually crying a little for the first time since his death.
[This message has been edited by stp1993 (edited 14 February 2001).]

I never really spoke to him. But my prayers are with him and his family. You guys, I am not religious, but still I am doing this. Please join me even if you don't normally do this.

I didn't know him in person, but his death is still sad.
Nonetheless, if you play with matches (lots of downers + lots of downers) you might get burned. You can't blame the drug war because purity was not an issue here. In fact, this just adds fuel to the drug war. This should be a reminder to everyone that we are not impervious to drugs.
And when you pop those pills or snort those lines, think briefly of the grief that your family will endure if you should not wake up the next morning. True you could be killed tomorrow in a car accident, but I don't know a family who wouldn't give anything for just one more day with their son or daughter.
My condolences for Quicksilver and his family.