• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Death of a Friend

JDSD said Quicksilver was snorting morphine, vicoden,& alprozam
Sebastions_ghost said that he was injecting morphine.
What really happenned? In the case of an overdose, I am more inclined to believe the latter.
Regardless, I am sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully this will teach kids to BE MORE CAREFUL in the future.

I didn't know him that well but whenever we talked we seemed to click. It makes me mad/sad that he didn't get a second chance.
I overdosed from heroin twice. It didn't phase me because it was careless and I didn't care about my life all that much until my best friend pulled me aside and started balling about how he didn't want to hear about how I fell unconcious at ___ and at ___ he drilled in my head the future I have and such...I'm glad I have friends like that, but if Ryan did a little extra on perpouse I can totally understand that, if not I am pissed that I'm on my 3rd chance at life now and he didn't even get a second.
My condolences to his other friends and family.
Peace.

As one of Ryans best friends i just fell that i have to say something on bluelight. I considered Ryan to be the most experienced and wise person I knew when it came to drugs. Before I did any drug I would always call him and ask If it was safe thats why on monday night when I called his house to tell him some good news. I was so incredibly shocked to hear that he had ODed. I will miss ryan dearly. Ryan cared a great deal about bluelight. He would spend hours trying to help people on this site. R.I.P Ryan.
------------------
life is short live it to the fullest
[This message has been edited by ZeroHawk (edited 14 February 2001).]

JDSD, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how it feels to lose a best friend. Just know that your friend will always be watching over you.
Angie

i didn't know quicksilver, but his knowledgable advice was always appreciated. my sympathy is with all of his friends and family...peace.

My prayers are with him, his family and friends. Nothing is more sad then to see a life ended at a young age.
There is a lesson to be learned. No high is worth your life. He appeared to know quiet a bit about his drugs. Everyone has there limits, so please everyone watch your dosages non of us are invincable. Please everone be safe, I would hate to see another one of you die.
RIP Quicksilver
God Bless the Dead
God has taken him
And now the angels let him fly
[This message has been edited by X-RAIDED (edited 15 February 2001).]

Hello fellow BLers, i just wanted to let everyone know Ryan's funneral will be on Friday at 1 at Foothills Methodist Church in San Diego County, i believe it is in the city of El Cajon, but it might be in La Mesa. If you live in SD county or near SD county and would like to attend it is an open service so everyone is welcome.
Thank you for your time
PS I will be posting a big memerial post soon

Here is the telephone number for the Foothill Methodist Chruch
619-670-4009
Thanks and i hope to see some of you there, i am 6'2, with bleached blonde spikey hair,i will probably be wearing white (because i have no black mainly), so don't be afraid to come up and say hello.

what fond memories i have of him....WE havent forgotten about u quick!!

His father wrote a piece for Newsweek about it, it was confirmed that he died from an IV overdose of morphine ... yes, it is very tragic!
------------------
# unzip ; strip ; touch ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ; umount ; sleep

bump
just reading this for the first time....i think others that are fairly new around here should too