Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Favorite Governmental/Societal Dystopian film?

AmorRoark

Bluelight Crew
Here's Wiki's list:

Nineteen Eighty-Four
Aachi & Ssipak
Æon Flux
Batman Begins
Battle Royale
The Beach
Blade Runner
Brazil
Children of Men
Code 46
Deathrace 2000 and the remake, Death Race
Demolition Man
District 13
Escape from New York and its sequel, Escape from L.A.
Equilibrium
Fahrenheit 451
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
Gattaca
The Handmaid's Tale
Harrison Bergeron
The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy
Idiocracy
The Island
Judge Dredd
Logan's Run
Megiddo: The Omega Code 2
Metropolis
Pink Floyd The Wall
The Omega Man
The Prisoner
Nowhere Man, a TV series.
The Running Man
A Scanner Darkly
Screamers
Serenity
Sleeper
Soldier
Southland Tales
Soylent Green
THX 1138
The Trial
V for Vendetta
WALL-E
The Warriors
Z.P.G.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dystopian_films#Dystopia_.28governmental.2Fsocietal.29

For me its a battle of the b's: Blade Runner, Battle Royale and Brazil.

I think I'd ultimately go with Brazil. <3

please add your suggestions for "which is your favourite?" polls in the feedback thread.

Edit: Oh, I see these really long polls are possible. My bad. I'll c+p this list into that thread with a request. :)

Last edited:
splendid.

i was most of the way through making this into a poll and then thought the better of it. we need to maintain order, lest my mod power vanish and the working class take over and steal my shoes.

and i aint having it. nuh-uh. no-sir-ee-bob.

Some would argue that this type of "order" is the very stuff that makes for a great Dystopian film. ;) I kid my friend. (sorta)

I'll go with Rob Reiner's lover letter to Bill Clinton: The American President. In my book, having a douchebag for president is distopian.

But from that list, I'll say either Blade Runner or Logan's Run.

From that list, Brazil.

But that is a rather odd and seemingly random list.

Either way, Brazil is great.

As are others.

taking nominations for titles to be added. it'll be several weeks before i make this poll

^Akira??

Equilibrium was cool. I like Children of Men. I don't think it belongs there but The Wall was exquisite.

The Warriors is a classic, I love that movie. I've never seen Brazil but I hear it's really good.

Probably my favorite type of movie, thanks for the list :)

children of men. one of the few that even deserve to be listed. unfortunately, most on there were pretty much crap. but fun none the less :D

why isn't matrix, (all 3) on there? how cn that not be a classic dystopian depiction?

brazil.

that being said, i havent seen many movies on that list, but i cant see any of them being better than brazil.

DarthMom said:
children of men. one of the few that even deserve to be listed. unfortunately, most on there were pretty much crap. but fun none the less :D

why isn't matrix, (all 3) on there? how cn that not be a classic dystopian depiction?

For everyone asking why such and such isn't on the list, take that up with wikipedia. Many of the movies you all are mentioning are in different sections (check out the link I provided to see where they placed them). Perhaps I should have included all of those other ones in the list too? I don't know. Somehow zombie movies didn't really seem to fit in the same way for me. :\

^no dramas adding upon request

i'm adding alien

DarthMom said:

i don't know all of these were FAR more entertaining than matrix 2 and 3, those two were the most expensive pieces of shit I've ever come across. the first one was neat especially when it first came out, but boring old VERY basic philosophy wrapped in millions of dollars of computer graphics that will (and have) aged very quickly.

Aachi & Ssipak
Æon Flux (the TV show as great but the movie sucked)
Batman Begins
Battle Royale
Blade Runner
Brazil
Children of Men
Escape from New York and its sequel, Escape from L.A.
Gattaca
The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy
Logan's Run
Metropolis
Pink Floyd The Wall
A Scanner Darkly
Soylent Green
THX 1138
V for Vendetta
WALL-E
The Warriors

taking more suggestions before poll added

Battle Royale was the shit, especially the manga; The Beach was more of a utopia imo.

The real world?

Seen all those movies and can't pick my favourite, I would have.