Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Underbelly, Mokbel & pills

uk_pman

Bluelighter
Currently reading underbelly - the re-written version of Leadbelly - which the TV series was based upon.

While there is an amount of speculation in the book, it's interesting to read the Tony Mokbel chapters and compare it to Australia's (or Melbourne's?) pill quality issues.

For mine it's about as factual as you can get on the Melbourne drug scene without producing pills yourself. (Your mileage may vary!)

It states that Mokbels network
a) Pretty commonly produced speed bombs and fobbed them off as E's.
b) Pretty commonly would crush good pills downand dilute them down to half/quarter strength.

I know it's not news - but it is interesting to hear it from the production side, rather then the consumer side.

uk_pman said:
b) Pretty commonly would crush good pills downand dilute them down to half/quarter strength.

This is something I have been pointing out repeatedly for a long time now. The reasons being, a pill press is not very hard to get, pills made overseas and imported from the Netherlands should be much higher quality than what we usually get in Australia (this is something that many Dutch people I have met have insisted on very strongly), from what I understand domestic drug production is far outstripped by imported pills.

It is really a shame, it is making drug dealers rich and giving us inferior and adultered pills.

Last edited:
Interesting points. I think this is still hapening these days all over Australia. Not really speed bombs, but I reckon most pills get crushed down to weaker strength and diluted wih other ingredients. Makes sense from a dodgy crims perspective, they can double or 4x their money quite easily. Pricks.

I have got he series and read the book and the series has a lot of bullshit in it compared to the truth in the book...

Remember Tony Mokbel was in to make money like most of the others and he would of been influenced by people at his side (Carl Williams and some of the Carlton Crew).

He wanted to be at the top of the drug chain so of course he was going to make shit pills so he could profit more and be able to extend his network of criminals. Most of those people were just in to make the money so as if they were going to care what their product was like...

If you were in the same spot you would probably start off making filth pills then eventually you would get greedy ad be like, "Fuck it who cares what they get I just want to make more money." I know I would probably do it after I had made a few million or so pills!

But I wouldn't be in the pill industry I would try to be in the coke industry instead...

mushi mushi 88 said:
But I wouldn't be in the pill industry I would try to be in the coke industry instead...

QFT...imo i reckon there is a killing to be made there if the right people got on it...

wtb more drug lords ><

yeah i've heard it from several dealers.

theres no real cash in pills.
the easier way to make a $ is in powders / shards

easier to dilute/cut down, and more addiction potential

i mean how easy would it be to get a cheap gram of whizz
cut it down by 1:1 ratio with some bicarb

pass it off as two grams, up the price a bit

and you've more than doubled your starting price. and that's without investing in a press or anything.

not only that

in comparison to the average price of pills.
it makes perfect sense.

spot on mushi mushi 88

but personally. i'm glad people are in the pill industry
fuckin <3 mdma.

but if they were honestly palming off utter speed bombs all the time, why would everyone unanimously agree that pills used to be a lot better than they are now?
especially if mr. mokbel was as dominant in the market as he is made out to be.

js2k6 if you read the books and do some research on the net you will see that Mokbel was quite well up their with the richest of the rich... The government was positive that he was the richest man in all of Australia he would go to the races and launder his money loosing anywhere from $100 000 to $50 million in one day. It would not bother him one bit because he had much much more, it's ridiculous when you read the books almost unbelievable but they have the facts...

Some bookies mad a living by taking bets from him, in the book it says one put all his children through one of Melbourne's top private schools just from the money Mokbel lost to him.

Mokbel didn't just make his money from drugs though he had legitimate business' he owned every business in one street and was going to build a massive hotel complex can't remember how many stories high it was going to be.

His network of drugs though was extensive all over the world with government officials tracking some of his suppliers and purchasers in many places in Europe and somewhere else but can't recall at the moment...

meh! mokbel is just a fat arsed wanna-be!

lets remember who ran like a fricken girl at the first sign of trouble!

Yeah shit if I was him I would of jumped the country as well...

Hmmm lets see what wound be better shall we?

Spend the rest of your life in jail rotting away and being at risk of being killed?

OR

Jump the country with your hot arse wife and your kids and spend your millions of dollars which ever way you like?

Now which one would you choose? Do you like spending your life in a 9 foot by 9 foot freezing cold cell and having practically no life at all?

Also how is he a wannabe? He pretty much ran the drug trade in Melbourne so I think everyone wanted to be him!

Don't start paying him out just cause your jealous, I'd like to see you say that to him because I don't think you would be around for to much longer...

See how he is trying to escape from the country again sneaky little fella I think he may actually accomplish it as well. I wish I had even a tenth of his connections.

my my, there is a nice little fan club here isn't there!!

"oh tony, I saw you on Underbelly and you are sooooo kewl!"

and i wouldn't say that he was living a life of luxury, spending all his $$$ while AWOL! did you see the state of im when he was arrested! hell, even Sadam looked better than the fat boy!

you are a fucking looser mokbel - die in your own shit!!!!! :p

He was wearing a beard and a wig so that the authorities could not recognize him...

I don't think he is cool and I don't think many other people would he is just a very powerful man. His money supply is practically endless so I don't think he was spending it all he was just living the good life.

People need to do research before they assume things, I have spent hours and hours researching the Melbourne underworld and it's something else.

Edit- Filenet, you are really not adding anything of value to this thread. If you have nothing worthwhile to say, do not hit the post button. lilangel15

Last edited by a moderator:
filenet said:
my my, there is a nice little fan club here isn't there!!

lol, i dont think there's a fan club going on here.. but i do see someone with a major grudge.

mushi mushi 88 said:
js2k6 if you read the books and do some research on the net you will see that Mokbel was quite well up their with the richest of the rich... The government was positive that he was the richest man in all of Australia he would go to the races and launder his money loosing anywhere from $100 000 to $50 million in one day.

Source please. Losing $50m in one day? I don't think so. I know he was heavily involved in the races, but come on.

He was no where near the richest as far as i know.

As of 2006, it looks something like this...

1. James Packer,$7.1 billion, PBL, Publishing and Broadcasting Limited
2. Frank Lowy, $5.4 billion, Westfield Shopping Centers
3. Richard Pratt, $5.2 billion, Visy Industries
4. Zhengrong Shi, $3 billion, Suntech Power Holdings
5. Harry Triguboff, $2.5 billion, Meriton Apartments
6. David Hains and Family, $2.3 billion, Portland House Group
7. Len Ainsworth and sons, $1.9 billion, Ainsworth Game Technology
8. John Gandel, $1.8 billion, CFS Gandel Retail Trust
9. Gina Rinehart, $1.8 billion, Hancock Prospecting
10. Kerry Stokes, $1.8 billion, Seven Network (television station)

He was not a billionaire.

you do realise that the 30-40 people involved in the 'underbelly' weren't the only underworld figures... you do realise that there are tens of thousands of people lurking in the shadows, running melbournes extremely massive drug trade

There's at least two of the major players living in this area. It was reported in local papers around a year ago. A guy I bumped into the other day said he's working as a tiler for one past 'notable'.

There are tons of labs in Australia producing mdma. People from overseas migrate to Au just for the profit they make out of it. I also heard that they import big quantities of mdma powder or MD2P and make pills from them. Its alot easier.

Im more of the opinion that liquid/powder MDMA is the main method of importation for criminal syndicates these days.

Ever since the big 5 million pill bust (2005 i think it was?), imported pills seem to have vastly diminished. In saying imported, i referring to most of the "bomb" pills back in 03-05 as i doubt they were locally made.

Smuggling pills is a risky business. They are big, bulky, and hardly inconspicuous. A powder or liquid however, would be a much safer (if there is one) alternative.

And then they would obviously be pressed here.

Thats my theory anyway.

haha! this is also a reason why i dont ever buy caps
fuck caps!
powder is sometimes the same... heat a gram to 148c and sometimes you only get 200mg from it.

Modulus said:
Im more of the opinion that liquid/powder MDMA is the main method of importation for criminal syndicates these days.

Ever since the big 5 million pill bust (2005 i think it was?), imported pills seem to have vastly diminished. In saying imported, i referring to most of the "bomb" pills back in 03-05 as i doubt they were locally made.

Smuggling pills is a risky business. They are big, bulky, and hardly inconspicuous. A powder or liquid however, would be a much safer (if there is one) alternative.

And then they would obviously be pressed here.

Thats my theory anyway.

this is why only powder and precurses are ever smuggled in my friend.
%99.999999 of all product is made here in oz and pressed for our streets. the smal amound that does come in in powder form (usually no more than a tone per year) is pressed here as well.