• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

HELP!...sentence for being caught with...

yspits

Greenlighter
approx 250 pills and a quarter ounce of speed at an event? happened to a mate of mine over the weekend

does anyone know of a probable outcome for him? it is his first drug related offence (only previous one is a loss of drivers license for speeding)

Shakes head...8o I'd say that things are not looking that great :\ In what state are you talking about in Australia? If you dont mind me asking :|

for that much wouldn't matter about being first offence ...

He be looking at some jail time , prob 6 months and $5,000 -$10,000 fine

also depends on if he pleads guilty immediately and also a good sob story to judge why he was selling stuff .. i.e. credit card debts, gamblling addiction , just something to make judge think he wasnt just a another dickhead making untaxable profits for his own use.

and as samadhi said also depends on what state.

Another option is if he has $$$ and can afford the best lawyer ... dont plead yet

I know of someone who had 20 pounds of pot and also had been done for worse stuff years before and should have got 2 years .. but got off with 4 year bond and $20,000 fine.

Its crazy how things work but if your mates got some $$ then I suggest he use it.

Was your friend refused bail or given bail ?

Last edited:
in victoria dude...

i kinda thought that myself...he seems to think he'll get away with a good behaviour bond!

yspits said:
in victoria dude...

i kinda thought that myself...he seems to think he'll get away with a good behaviour bond!

tell him to join a library. because methinks he'll soon have plenty of free time on his hands . :)

allah akbar =D

yspits said:
in victoria dude...

Was he given bail by police afterwards ?

He would only get a good behaviour bond and thats all if he snitched on his supplier ...!

Who the fuck goes to an event with 250 pills? 8o Thats just plain stupid, maybe 50 but even thats pretty dumb....

kingpin007 said:
Was he given bail by police afterwards ?

He would only get a good behaviour bond and thats all if he snitched on his supplier ...!

he said he had to pay $2000 afterwards to get out of the cell....so im guessing he obviously means bail?

yeah $2000 would be bail ...

also that fact he was caught with large amounts of pills and speed.

thats cheap .....

do you think the fact that he got bail of that amount will have any effect on his future case? or it doesnt really mean anything?

Having had a run in with the law (not drug related) i can tell you that money means quality in terms of lawyers. Tell him to cut his losses and get a good one, NOW.

He shouldn't be making any statements or speaking to the police AT ALL without a lawyer sitting next to him. Im just hoping he hasn't spilled his guts already, because he wouldn't have been obligated to say anything.

I made this mistake, they make you think you have to speak when in reality, you dont.

I'd say jail time is almost a certainty though, he was caught at an event so immediately the judge is going to see that he was trafficking, no chance of claiming personal use :\

Good luck though, maybe one day the fuck heads who run this country can realise that this "war on drugs" is doing more damage than its solving. Your mate gets busted, i could name 40 people I KNOW who probably have just as much drugs on them now. And im not bragging, more stating the fact that busting small time pushers is just not working, and never will.

Immortal Teknique said:
he was caught at an event so immediately the judge is going to see that he was trafficking, no chance of claiming personal use :\

I would tend to agree on this ... And to say get a good fkn lawyer or civil %)

Immortal Teknique said:
Having had a run in with the law (not drug related) i can tell you that money means quality in terms of lawyers. Tell him to cut his losses and get a good one, NOW.

He shouldn't be making any statements or speaking to the police AT ALL without a lawyer sitting next to him. Im just hoping he hasn't spilled his guts already, because he wouldn't have been obligated to say anything.

I made this mistake, they make you think you have to speak when in reality, you dont.

I'd say jail time is almost a certainty though, he was caught at an event so immediately the judge is going to see that he was trafficking, no chance of claiming personal use :\

Good luck though, maybe one day the fuck heads who run this country can realise that this "war on drugs" is doing more damage than its solving. Your mate gets busted, i could name 40 people I KNOW who probably have just as much drugs on them now. And im not bragging, more stating the fact that busting small time pushers is just not working, and never will.

cheers for the info mate....i didnt get to speak to him for long so i didnt get the full details. Knowing him though i put my money on him not doing what you suggest he should have done. he seems to think that he's going to plead guilty but that he was only carrying them for a friend. lol..i think i need to have a word to him!

He isn't going to get off lightly, trust me. He was caught with them in his possession, in the eyes of the law that means they are his, even if they were genuinely his mates.

Another reason why people who carry drugs for mates at events are dickheads, only creating trouble for yourself.

the charge sheet obviously says trafficking then, right?

thats a fair bit. if its his first offence and he dresses well there is a slight chance he will get a suspended sentence or weekend jail. etc.
but i really dont think so.

one thing, was he charged at a suburbian police station, that has a court next to it?
and if so.. was he sent to that court, or city court?

if hes been sent to city court hes probably got a fair chance of jail time.
if he is unemployed or on a disability or some type of pension or a low income, he can get free legal aid without a doubt.
because you automatically get free legal aid if theres a chance of going to jail. but this may only be QLD.
QLD makes any supply/trafficking charge no matter what the amount/drug is goto supreme court... therefore you get free legal aid without any lookups being done basically.
check the legal aid of VIC.

Good luck to him. Was he sniffed by dogs?
Another thing also, if it didn't make the news.... it normally means police are looking deeper into it.... probably a bad thing.
they will probably want to know where he got it from.

Last edited:
a mate of mine was caught selling to Undercover cops around 200 to 500 at a time and bought three times. the cops raided his house about 4 days later and found more stuff. he had no previous criminal record. the cops ended up getting like 10 charges against him. ie if they find scales and empty saddies etc they put another charge on you. he got 2 years jail and it cost him 10's of thousands he said. the police will prob try to take things ur friend owns ie cars as proceeds of crime.
well thats how it is in nsw. i think nsw is more severe than other states tho

Splatt said:
the charge sheet obviously says trafficking then, right?

thats a fair bit. if its his first offence and he dresses well there is a slight chance he will get a suspended sentence or weekend jail. etc.
but i really dont think so.

one thing, was he charged at a suburbian police station, that has a court next to it?
and if so.. was he sent to that court, or city court?

if hes been sent to city court hes probably got a fair chance of jail time.
if he is unemployed or on a disability or some type of pension or a low income, he can get free legal aid without a doubt.
because you automatically get free legal aid if theres a chance of going to jail. but this may only be QLD.
QLD makes any supply/trafficking charge no matter what the amount/drug is goto supreme court... therefore you get free legal aid without any lookups being done basically.
check the legal aid of VIC.

Good luck to him. Was he sniffed by dogs?
Another thing also, if it didn't make the news.... it normally means police are looking deeper into it.... probably a bad thing.
they will probably want to know where he got it from.

hi mate..he was caught at one of the big festivals on the weekend in melbourne..i didnt get all the details but he was sniffed out by the dogs..so i would assume they took him into st kilda rd station?? not too sure though but you would think thats where they would have taken him. from what he has told me he kept telling them they werent his so i dont think he has helped his cause

best off saying nothing on or off tape if you want to make up a story later

Splatt - In NSW you don't get free legal aid for drug related cases (unless things have changed since 2001)