• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

water curing

Ive heard people talk positively of water curing, but i have yet to actually look up what it is and how it is done. google here i come.

Its a good thing I think, if you have someone that actually takes the time to do it. It is just like you run your hydro plants on nothing BUT water the last 3-4 weeks of bud before clipping to flush all the chemicals/nutriants out.

EDIT* Do it if you has the means/time. You either need a food dehydrator or a sunny spot around your house. But make sure you have a solution before hand because you dont want bud rot nor do you want your pot to be blown away in the wind while curing........Happened to me drying mine in AZ on a brick wall.......yeah......sandy dro.....

from what ak says, it sounds like I want that going on with all my bud:) pure buddy taste.

ill google that ish and give it a try maybe

I was just going to post a thread on this.

1. Get a small jar
2. Put weed in
3. Fill with bottled water (the stuff that says filtered w/ reverse osmosis)
4. Change water once a day for seven days (stirring water doesn't help, don't waste your time :p )
5. After one week take it out, set it in front of a fan or in a dehydrator because it will be soaking wet

This removes much of the plant material like chlorophyll and any nutrients left from fertilizers. But, it also reduces weight by something like a third, so it's not recommended for commercial growers. It is supposed to make the smoke much much smoother, I'm going to try it on my next buy.

Edit: I got the info from grasscity forums, google it for the more complete version.

you only loose the trichromes if you stirr your water which is stupid. and that only happens if the water is reallll cold. if the water is warm it wont happen.

im thinking of doing this because most of the high grade weed is real harsh, and you dont get as high as you can because you cant always hold it in as much as regs.

i was thinking a real nice j would be some water cured bud, with a little bit of regularly cured bud just for the taste and nice sent, but not too much as to make it harsh.

ive heard that water cured bud dosent smell like weed after you exhale it anymore. if you roll a spliff of the stuff im asuming that you could smoke it just about anywhere you go as long as it looks like a legit cigar.

your weed is also more potent due to loss of mass, but not loss of thc. if it looses 1/3 of its weight it just takes that much less of the stuff to get you blasted! imagine some good sativa water cured with a little bit of blueberry bud thrown in for the taste! a little joint would get you and all your freinds a nice ticket to outerspace

Water curing isn't that bad of a method.. saves you a lot of time in comparison to the jar. But you'll definitely get better results in a slow jar cure. It usually turns the herbs this real dark color.. has a weird taste to it as well.

Ak: THC isn't water soluble. As long as there isn't much disturbance as IGNVS mentioned, you're all good.

unnecessary, last time before I issue a warning for this sort of posting

OOOOO SCARY OMGZ!

Loose Trichromes And when the fuck did I ever say THC was water soluble? Biatchhhh

Last edited:
Wow.. lol, I totally did not see the word loose in there the first time I read that, I must be stupid. Or it's past my beddy bye time.

we love you dood we dont think your stupid or anything, just trying to compile as much info as we can here.

lets let things be things or whatever and get back on topic, i dont want this to turn into GC's water cure thread... thats half the reason i got one started over here.

It was explained fairly well in Stickittotheman's post.

1. Get a small jar
2. Put weed in
3. Fill with bottled water (the stuff that says filtered w/ reverse osmosis)
4. Change water once a day for seven days (stirring water doesn't help, don't waste your time :p )
5. After one week take it out, set it in front of a fan or in a dehydrator because it will be soaking wet

This removes much of the plant material like chlorophyll and any nutrients left from fertilizers. But, it also reduces weight by something like a third, so it's not recommended for commercial growers. It is supposed to make the smoke much much smoother, I'm going to try it on my next buy.
Basically, the aim is the same as air curing. It is a quicker process than air curing, but you sacrifice much of the smell, flavour, and bag appeal. It may also sacrifice some potency, but probably not significant enough to notice.

^^ Yes but there were also people talking about washing plants with clean water in the last few weeks of their cycle, which was what I always thought water curing referred to. I just thought it would be helpful to the discussion if the OP specified what they meant by the term, the drug world is full of terms that mean different things to different people.

Agree on that. Cultural and regional slang within the drug world generally annoys me, but i'm guilty of it at times too.

Anyway, you must be referring to akTrash's post. He's likening the benefits of water curing to the supposed benefits of pre-harvest flushing, specifically to produce a smoother smoke. Flushing is another subject altogether.

To clear things up, water curing DOES reduce smell and weight and bag appeal, but the smell is more light and flowery and less dank. BUT, since weight is lost but no THC is lost, the potency actually increases by up to 2x. And the smoke is much, much smoother.

Again, paraphrasing GC's thread, I have not tried this myself. But the guy posting had.

MONSTA!! said:
LOL, yeah you totally lord it over him with 168. 8) ;)

:eek: <- Me trying to earn some BL respect without logic. Hey now everyones happy and no one got hurt right? And the best thing, no one learned anything.

ok, so far we have

pros:

INCREASED POTENCY (due to loss of matter that dosnt get you stoned)

SMOOTH SMOKE (due to loss of matter that dosnt get you stoned)

LESS SMELL (due to loss of pot smelling matter that dosnt get you stoned, but does get you cought)

TAKES LESS TIME (no idea why, it just works that way)

con, if you even consider it a con:

LOSS OF BAG APPEAL (woopty do, its geting smoked, ash is ash)

could we get some input from someone who has tried this method and smoked the bud?

Splittin' hairs here, but I wouldn't call an offset in water soluable components of your buds an increase in potency.

Your just making it easier on the lungs, for the most part. And if anything your losing a tiny bit of true potency via loose trichromes being left in the water.

Other than that your pros and cons pretty well sum up this version of 'water curing'

Although, I think after putting your buds through this and just air drying (as the above 'tek' suggests) would be counterproductive to the literal point of curing bud to begin with.

I say this, because just air or dehydrator drying after this would leave behind a bud only slightly better tasting than if you had just air dryed and smoked from the get-go.

So maybe after the water cure, a more traditional jar cure would greatly benifit?

I've never tried this curing method BTW, but have you ever accidently got a bag of buds soaking wet, then dry them and smoke them?

I have.

And the bud usually taste pretty bad.

Thats how imagine water cured bud, air dried after the cure, would taste