• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

water curing

the only weed worth doing this to is weed which isn't worth smoking in the first place imo lol..

IGNVS said:
INCREASED POTENCY (due to loss of matter that dosnt get you stoned)
I don't really see this happening. If your talking about removing some cannabinoids and other plant material, then yes, technically, the resulting bud's thc to total mass ratio would be slightly higher in terms of thc % compared to total mass %, but the actual % of thc wouldn't go up and you wont get higher.

Someone try this out on a small amount and tell us the results, with before and after pictures. I would, but I have no weed ATM and probably won't get any for another week or so, and I know there are lots of you with lots of weed :D

^even so, this isn't something that can be tested with weed bought off the street. You need fresh buds.

frizzantik said:
the only weed worth doing this to is weed which isn't worth smoking in the first place imo lol..

+1

Sounds like a practical joke to me. If you were that worried about smoking chlorophyll you'd just vaporise your weed.

if the biggest problem w/ the cold water method is losing trihromes?
then first gather your crystals then mash then together to make morracan hash which is the best type of hash.

akThrash said:
And the best thing, no one learned anything.

That seems to be a recurring theme in your posts...you spend more time calling everyone else stupid than backing up what you have to say.

DIAF.

Chronik Fatigue said:
+1

Sounds like a practical joke to me. If you were that worried about smoking chlorophyll you'd just vaporise your weed.

QFT

Vaporising and cooking are the safest way to get high!

Also, why would you want to clean buds after their grown like this?? You should flush your weed during growing (like the last 3 weeks you give then only water maybe some topmax but not much)
And your bud wont need to be cleaned and they will take great!!!

your not cleaning your buds, your kinda doing a minimal water extraction to get some unwanted plant material out, but still keeping the thc in the buds.

i would just like to say that it wont get you HIGHER but the potency is increased, no matter what. the definition of potency is that ratio that delta was talking about. of course if your taking the same ammount of material and doing whatever to it unless your somehow synthing thc (which were obviously not doing here) your going to wind up with the same ammount of thc, but none the less you have less material and therefore the potency is higher. like you know how they talk about how potent hash is. if you were arguing that this method isnt legit for potency increase you could say the same for hash. your not geting any higher off the bud its just a better potency. if you smoked X ounces of cannabis to the head or X grams of hash you wouldnt get any higher, but you would be smoking less unwanted shit.

the main reason i think i would use this method is for the smell. if you want to smoke while your walking down the street this would probably be the way to go, though i dont advise that.

lasssttt thing. can a mod clean up this thread a bit?

^Your not technically "curing*" the bud with this process, but don't you think this may be more trouble than it's worth. Drying fresh weed takes enough time as it is, if you completely soak the buds, it could take months to properly dry/cure it. If your worried about the other cannabinoids and chlorophyll in the plant material, my advice is to vaporize your buds, or make cannabis tinctures like green dragon.

*"Curing" marijuana is the process of redistributing the remaing moisture left in the picked buds. It's an optional step taken by the grower usually after he's picked and dried his buds. Some people choose to alternate between drying and curing, and some choose not to cure at all. However, most people advocate proper curing, believing it results in a much better tasting and less harsh final product. Certain strains' buds also may have trouble burning evenly if not cured right.

i would just like to say that it wont get you HIGHER but the potency is increased, no matter what.

the potency may be increased but your weight will go down so there is no net benefit other than you aren't smoking as much "extra stuff". if the potency is low to begin with maybe it's worth it but otherwise you're just ruining good bud imo lol

its all going up in smoke anyway. if i were to ever do this process i would probably water cure half the bud and regular cure the rest, mix it together and grind it up, roll nice smooth joints that still got some taste.

or make bud mixes like they do with tobacco. get some real nice tasting bud, cure it, take some bud thats real strong but real harsh, water cure that bud, then mix them.. do it with a bunch of diferent kinds (if u got them, or if u grow) until you find a real nice blend. think blend 27's cannabis style

I don't see what you guys are bashing it so much for, it seems like a good idea to me. The only downside seems like less dank smell, whoop-de-fucking-do. I'll try it if noone else will, I think I'm getting some soon.

frizzantik said:

I agree I would never watercure good buds. It will alter/take away a lot of the smell and taste. I tried it on a plant that didn't turn out so well.

i jar cure all my buds and i only use my herbal aire vaporizer ...... my lungs are the happyest they have ever been

Stickittotheman said:
I don't see what you guys are bashing it so much for, it seems like a good idea to me. The only downside seems like less dank smell, whoop-de-fucking-do. I'll try it if noone else will, I think I'm getting some soon.

Whos bashing it? Half these fucks havent even tried it.

Bumping this thread from the past. Anyone done this? Anyone heard of it?

I'm interested because it seems to be a way to remove chlorophyll etc.

Anyone with experience? Our wonderful mod thujone perhaps?

Would anyone be willing to try it on a batch of buds that they've bought (say water cure one half oz and don't water cure the other half oz) and then compare the results, see if water curing produces a superior smoke?

I'd do it but right not I have zero zero point. zero dollars in the bank 8o

Thoughts?

some quick links in case you don't know what it is
http://boards.cannabis.com/advanced-techniques/20377-water-cure-your-plants.html

http://www.marijuanagrowing.eu/easy-water-cure-t4001.html

http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=163186

I was just going to post a thread on this.

1. Get a small jar
2. Put weed in
3. Fill with bottled water (the stuff that says filtered w/ reverse osmosis)
4. Change water once a day for seven days (stirring water doesn't help, don't waste your time :p )
5. After one week take it out, set it in front of a fan or in a dehydrator because it will be soaking wet

This removes much of the plant material like chlorophyll and any nutrients left from fertilizers. But, it also reduces weight by something like a third, so it's not recommended for commercial growers. It is supposed to make the smoke much much smoother, I'm going to try it on my next buy.

Edit: I got the info from grasscity forums, google it for the more complete version.

Water curing doesn't remove chlorophyll... as it is hydrophobic. Everything else is correct.

It reduced the weight (sometimes around 25-percent) making your weed have a high THC/Vol ratio.