• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official NCAA football thread

Hypnotik1

Bluelighter
So who's your team? How do u think they will finish?

Who do u think plays for the National Championship? What team is overated, who's the sleeper? Which mid-major shakes up the BCS? ect.....

Personally im a hardcore LSU fan I would love nothing more than to see a LSU - USC national championship....I would love nothing more than to see the '2003 NC that never was' or the '2006 Rose Bowl that shoulda been'.....I mean come on, its fate that these 2 progrmas play for a championship

Last edited:
Go!
Fight!
Win!
Bruins!

UCLA should be looking at a 9-10 win season as long as the offense is decent. Ben Olsen has plenty to prove and new offensive coordinator Jay Norvell hopefully will turn around what was a very vanilla display last season (which was expected to a degree). The team is loaded with returning starters and seniors and should put together a fine season. The defense was quite strong last season under 1st-year defensive coordinator DeWayne Walker and should rank only behind 'SC as the top defense in the Pac-10.

ROLL TIDE but as usuall were gonna fucking suck oh well least well least we cant say our coach cost us any games now.

the Ohio State University Buckeyes are my team, and have been a power house football program most specifically in the last 5 years. their defense (as always) looks immaculate but their offense is scaring me a little bit. they are very, very young on offense with a new QB. their incoming recruiting class wasn't so hot either - oh well, I guess you can't be National Championship contenders every year (something that is hard to come to grips to as a Buckeyes fan).

their schedule has been brutal these last couple years playing Texas the second game of the college football season, but thankfully their schedule is pretty lax this year. they just have to get by a tough Wisconsin Badger team and then after that play against the Michigan Wolverines (who actually have a better chance of beating the Buckeyes this year).

all this talk about college football is bringing a tear to my eye :( I wish I still lived in Columbus (aka the college sports capital of the US) and not Boston.

SEC and ACC, strongest conferences in the country (in football anyways lol). Cry more noobs, it's true. ;) (Although, Boise State last year looked incredible [plus their blue and orange field just looks cool lol], AWESOME bowl game :) Hook and ladder, statue of liberty, pure genius :) ).

Anyways, Georgia Tech is my team (cause I went there lol), I know, I know, they aren't strong, but they're still my team lol.

the ACC is the strongest football conference out there? you have got to be kidding me, man. this is not basketball, this is football. name one team out of that conference that is going to compete for a national title? ever since Florida State, Miami, and Virginia Tech started dropping drastically in talent they have been a cup cake football conference.

and you think BSU's field looks good? what is wrong with you ;)

^ Come on, that blue and orange feild is so unique lol, tell me the Fiesta bowl wasn't a great bowl to watch. The ACC and SEC have tougher schedules than all the other conferences. Hell, Florida's team last year could have owned anyone from any of the other conferences (and I hate the Gators, I AM from Georgia, come on lol). Give credit where credit is due IMO. I was actually rooting for OSU cause I hate the Gators, but the Gators STOMPED them, even IF OSU's star player hadn't gotten hurt in the opening kickoff, I still don't think OSU could have beaten them.

Oh, and if you want the latest on Vick, read my last post in the "Dogfighter Master of the Universe" thread.

Last edited:
You know what me and my friends call the Miami Hurricanes? The fucking Cons (Convicts). Why? Because the team is full of fucking convicts, I'm tired of seeing people that deserve to be in prison playing football just because they can run. It is really annoying.

^um, who won the ACC last season? Yeah...real tough conference...

Traditionally, it is strong, but since the expansion...it's been pretty disappointing since Miami and FSU are not what they've been in the past. No one is impressed by the remainder of the conference.

The SEC...well...they always lay claim to that "toughest conference in the nation" business, don't they? We'll see how things play out.

And Axl...college basketball next season is clearly Pac-10 dominated. Just look at all the talent. :)

^ As far as football goes, the ACC and the SEC combined blow away the rest of the country, I'm sorry, but the rest of the country doesn't even compete. :p Complain all you want, but we have it over here. :p

how can you possibly compare the ACC to the SEC?

maybe the blue and orange BSU field will grow on me...

I don't have to complain dude. I just know you're a fool thinking like that...and that's all that needs to be known. ;)

I'll continue my drunken rampage from last night lol. Other than TX, OK, OSU, Mich, and USC, who do y'all have? And I wasn't comparing the ACC to the SEC, I was combining them.

You would've been better off throwing in the Big East rather than the ACC heh.

Duke football pretty much destroys your claim. Enough said.

atlas said:
stop making SEC fans look like idiots

Eh, we all have our moments of drunken stupidity. ;) I won't edit them, I'll just leave my above posts as an example of what NOT to do while in a drunken stupor lol.

Last edited:
hahaha, it's all good Zangeth. you wouldn't believe the drunken shit I have said on this site - and I am a moderator! I actually had this conversation about your topic with a former Boston College football player and he did a good job supporting your claim. it doesn't matter what you say here on BL - you just better do a good job backing your claims up ;)

SEC + ACC is the greatest? Too bad I got here late, or I would have made the reference to the ACC being the jester hovering over the King's shoulder in that one. Most of you know where I sit on this, and I've got plenty of UF posters and stuff on order for my office to continue to celebrate the back-to-back-to-back championships =D.

As much as I hate living in Ohio, this part tickles me to no end :D

This coming season? Somebody has UF 3rd preseason? Heh, maybe 3rd in the SEC east :\ The team is 75% freshman and sophmores, and I wish that dumbass senior "Bubba" Caldwell would shut his mouth talking about repeat 8) Depending upon how well they pick up the offense and find anyone who can play defense, we might have a chance at a 8-9 win season, 10 if we're real friggin lucky (blocked extra point anyone?). I've an inkling that the offense will be superfast, I just hope they can catch the ball with quarterbacks that are still learning to throw and receivers learning the scheme, then have anyone hold the ball after getting popped :\ The offense will have to carry the defense this year.

Pac10 will probably have it's 2.5 decent teams (USC remaining above the rest). Big10+1 will have 1.5 decent teams and one that's floating in the top 25 despite losing to the other two and having close calls in other games....my money is on OSU to fill that role this year. ACC....joke, next. BigEasy, um, yeah....Rutgers overachieved and won't do it again...then again they might considering their competition, but WV will keep chugging along as a (low) BCS bid. I don't think L'ville can do as well even if the coach keeps the same gameplan, but they've got the same competition as Rutgers :\. Big12....not top notch, but you have to talk about something in the later timezone beside USC and Oregon :\ Maybe Oklahoma will get their shit together (not), or Texas will find another miracle player or two to build the season around...or not.

I'll stick to my heart, watch the SEC games, continue to exclaim how tough our competition is (UF vs Western Carolina on Sep 1 :D, then Troy I think :D), and how nobody else could survive a season in our conference then proudly say how we overcame such adversity to have so many teams winning bowl games...again.

Actually, the part about putting teams in other conferences to see how they'd do would be interesting. Or if you built an All-DivI conference of 12 teams (no required BCS crap about one rep from each of the big 6) ... just pick any 10 or 12 for a season, who would you pick?

Last edited:
Big Ten will only have 1.5 good teams? expect Wisconsin and Michigan to be National Championship contenders, and OSU at the very least to be considered good.

Anybody who says Notre Dame will be auto-bahned.

Meanwhile, I'll think about my dream conference members.