Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Displaying gang signs to undercovers leads to bust

bingalpaws

Bluelight Crew
Man flashes gang signs at the wrong car
By DEANNA BOYD
Star-Telegram Staff Writer
FORT WORTH -- Gangsters take heed: Throwing gang signs could result in authorities throwing the book at you.

An 18-year-old Fort Worth man found himself in a world of trouble Wednesday night when he flashed gang signs at a passing car, only to find that its occupants were undercover gang officers.

The incident occurred about 10 p.m. as the two officers, in an unmarked car, passed a home in the 3800 block of North Terry Street -- a known hangout of a north side gang.

The officers called for officers in marked units to detain the teen for disorderly conduct/gesture, said Lt. Dean Sullivan, a police spokesman.

But that wasn't the teen's only mistake, police said.

As officers patted the teen down, they found a bottle of what appeared to be Xanax inside his pocket. The teen could not explain why he had the pills, Sullivan said.

Then, when officers asked for his identification, the teen told them it was in his bedroom and led them into the home. There, on a table, officers spotted a clear plastic baggie with what they believed was cocaine inside, Sullivan said.

Based on the discovery, narcotics officers were called and obtained a search warrant for the home. They uncovered a cache of weapons, including an Uzi, an AR-15, a .44-caliber Magnum pistol, a 12-gauge shotgun and other handguns. Officers also found approximately 3.6 kilos of suspected cocaine, a pound of what appeared to be marijuana and about $65,000 in cash, Sullivan said.

"In addition to that, there were six wrappings from kilos of cocaine that they had already apparently opened and sold, we presume, or distributed," Lt. Robert Rangel said.

The 18-year-old, identified as Alex R. Perez Jr., and his 17-year-old brother, Paul A. Perez, were arrested on suspicion of drug and weapons violations.

Agents from the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and Immigration and Customs Enforcement are assisting in the investigation.

Authorities will seek federal charges against the 18-year-old and state charges against his brother.

"It was a bad career move and lousy timing for the gang member," Rangel said.

Deanna Boyd, 817-390-7655
[email protected]

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/story/175145.html

damn, stupid kid. perfect example of why not to invite police into your home for ANYTHING!!!

Well when you sell to someone who has nothing better to do than hang outside his house and advertise that he is a criminal/drug dealer with ridiculous hand signs what do you expect.

It was probably a stash house. Someone's gonna be pissed.

WHAT A DUMBASS, you tell the cop I don't have ID period! For no reason at all do you invite them into your house full of drugs, guns, and cash.

What happens when the original arrest gets ruled invalid?

crowbar said:
His supplier/higher ups are not going to be happy about losing all those drugs.
How on earth would you know they were fronted? Those kids could very well've already bought the product.

I will give you that it's likely they were fronted, that's the way I always saw things go back in the day, but you never know. Either way, his higher ups lost a retailer and have some more light shined in their direction, so they're gonna be pist regardless.

garuda said:
WHAT A DUMBASS, you tell the cop I don't have ID period! For no reason at all do you invite them into your house full of drugs, guns, and cash.

What happens when the original arrest gets ruled invalid?
LOL seriously!! Don't know what the hell that kid was thinking, that's gotta be one of the dumbest moves I've ever heard of. 'ya, it's back at my pad, come with me let's go get it!'

They probably threatened to hold him longer to sort out his identity. I wouldn't hold lying and manipulating past the cops.

phrozen said:
They probably threatened to hold him longer to sort out his identity. I wouldn't hold lying and manipulating past the cops.
I don't understand what your second sentence means.... I've reread it several times and don't get it.

Of course they'd threaten to hold him longer, but if I knew I had machine guns/automatic weapons, trafficking amounts of coke, etc, at my house, the last thing in the world I'd want is to invite them there. I'd say I didn't have an ID (if I were slick enough to remember my rights lol), let them bring me in, run me through the system, etc. At no time woudl that involve them coming to my house, which I would know has enough to get me in some serious shit. I'd do everything in my power to just get a ticket, or get arrested for the xanax, or whatever, but saying 'let's go back to my place, i got my ID back there' when you know you've got that kind of stuff hanging around is retarded.

phrozen said:

Who gives a *%@#, let them threaten all they want at least hes not being charged for all the contraband in the house.

cops lie all the time...thats common sense.

that kid had to have been connected, most 18 year old gang members dont have that much cash, guns and blow around the house. either it was a stash house, or he was holding it for someone else.

dumbass move to flash a gang sign at a random car tho...

I hope cops are closing on in the leader of this Texas gang.
Bush-horns.jpg

Glad this happened, he was looking for trouble - he got it! Why else would he have "flashed gang signs at a passing car". And the fact that he basically invited the authorities to his house, is amazing. I wonder what went through his head..."oh yeah, the drugs and guns in my room - fuck! :X "

He pretty much ruined his life.

bingalpaws said:
I don't understand what your second sentence means.... I've reread it several times and don't get it.

It meant "it's not like cops don't lie or manipulate." My bad, I guess it came out awkward.

Who gives a *%@#, let them threaten all they want at least hes not being charged for all the contraband in the house.

Right. This demonstrates an advantage cops have over average criminals; criminal stupidity.

Astavats said:
I wonder what went through his head..."oh yeah, the drugs and guns in my room - fuck! :X "
fucking lol. Literally lol'd, that's kinda rare on my part

garuda said:
By God! I swear to you that's the punk who sold me the bunk blow last time I was in Texas.

He's probably trying to support a habit...