• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Displaying gang signs to undercovers leads to bust

I got done pretty much the same way when I was younger.

I got caught with a fake ID and my real ID (I know, I'm stupid) after we got pulled over (we had a bag of pot down our pants, so it wasn't random). The fake ID was in my brothers name (who was in the car) and the police wanted to see his ID that was back at our house.

So they followed us back, we didn't invite them inside, when we opened the door, the officer stepped inside... and announced some police power "emergent drug search" or something along those lines. Basically "we suspect you have drugs on the property and since we're inside we can perform a quick search without a warrant".

Long story short, they found my brand new 3 foot bong :(

otb01 said:
"They wouldn't have to do massive scale acts of terrorism to be terrorists."
But him calling gang members the "real terrorists" makes the scale important. As it is, gangs do not perform terrorist activities.
I'm a little confused, I agreed with you, they are not terrorists. I don't see where the scale becomes important, you're either doing something to intentionally strike fear into a proposed group (crappy definition, you know what I mean), or you're not.

HHmmmmmm, now you've got me thinking a little too much into it. I would call burning a cross on a black church's front lawn a terrorist act, despite how small in scale it may seem (that's probably pretty big in scale to some people, just the first small scale example that came to mind). I guess I can see an argument made that gang bangers occasionally perform terrorist actions. For instance, a spray happy (not at specific gang members) drive-by shooting of a rival turf seems like it could qualify as a terrorist act, if they were doing it to scare their rivals (as opposed to an actual gang versus gang shootout). I dunno, I guess if you bended the words enough you could make cases where gang members performed terrorist acts, but I feel like even that's a stretch. But labeling them terrorists? No way in hell. I don't think that a single terrorist act would make someone a terrorist (generally speaking).

Don't get me wrong, I think the KKK is a terrorist group even though their attacks are often small-scale. However what I mean is that while bloods killing crips can be seen as an act which instills terror, I don't see it as a terrorist act due to the scale at which it is intended to instill terror. 9/11 - Targeted civilian + economic interests for the purpose of instilling terror in Americans. Blood/Crip firefight - Business.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean, but I'm still a little torn. For instance, bloods versus crips, they know who they're against. They battle each other constantly, but does that in itself prohibit them from committing terrorist acts against each other? Would a blood video-taping a very cruel torture/execution of a crip, and then spreading the video, not be considered a terrorist act against the crips?

See, with gangs, I kind of don't feel as bad. For instance, an innocent bystander getting killed sucks. It really does. But, bloods/crips know the game they're in, and choose to play it. Does that automatically make it so that any actions they do to their opposing gang cannot be considered terrorist? I guess maybe I need to dictionary.com the word terrorist a lil more, but I'm drunk and sedated and don't really care enough to go try a half assed semantical analysis of whether it's terrorism or not.

But as you said, 'blood/crip firefight - business'. I wholeheartedly agree. But what do you think of 5 bloods with uzis hopping in the back of a stolen pickup truck, and just driving through a crip neighborhood spraying randomly? Sure, it's the game they play, but I still lean towards that being a terrorist act (if the firing was random - if they rolled up to a group of crips and shot directly at them, no terrorism, clearly. But if they're just spraying up crip 'territory' to instill fear in the local crips? I'd say you could make an argument of terrorism there. I don't mean to say the bloods would be terrorist by nature, but that act would be a terrorist act imo, as they're doing it solely to use force to scare people.).

Well, it's all business. I have some connections and I can tell you that none of those people are terrorists.

Yeah i wouldn't say he 'deserved it' as he didn't hurt anybody (that he's being charged with), he's being punished for victimless crimes. I wouldn't say 'he deserved it', I'd say 'he brought it on himself for being all benzo'd out while talking to cops'. The kid brought the cops to his stash, he totally made this bust happen.

terrorism is only terrorism if the target group is white suburban population of the USA.

otherwise we dont give a shit.

its bullshit but true

in my opinion, corrupt politicians are committing treason but yet we can ACTUALLY CHARGE SOMEONE FOR TREASON BECAUSE THEY AGREE WITH AL QAEDA

if we use the logic, the USA would never have been formed because at the time it was treason to be against the ruling gov't(brits). we are losing sight of what is right and wrong in this country? do i support teh massacre of innocent people? hell no
however what is the difference when it comes down to it between the corrupt pharm company who knows their product is killing thousands of innocent people and say nothing for PROFIT?

its ridiculous but whatever

yiggy said:
in my opinion, corrupt politicians are committing treason but yet we can ACTUALLY CHARGE SOMEONE FOR TREASON BECAUSE THEY AGREE WITH AL QAEDA
links, references, names, etc, please.

umm that american dude who has been all over the news lately "Azam the american" or some shit....an islam convert has NO role in any attacks or plans but has fled on charges of TREASON as he claims to be "al qaeda"

Yiggy, you have no clue what you're talking about. You can't be charged with treason for agreeing with al-quaeda. The US also recognizes many terrorist groups which don't even attack Americans such as the basque groups in Spain. I'd recommend that you stop talking right now before you make a serious fool out of yourself.

otb01 said:
Yiggy, you have no clue what you're talking about. You can't be charged with treason for agreeing with al-quaeda. The US also recognizes many terrorist groups which don't even attack Americans such as the basque groups in Spain. I'd recommend that you stop talking right now before you make a serious fool out of yourself.
=D rofl

yiggy said:
When you come in saying things like that, the burden of proof lays on you. As I said before

bingalpaws said:
links, references, names, etc, please.

Why should everyone go searching around trying to find the incident you're talking about? If it seems questionable, as I said, the burden of proof is on your shoulders, not ours.

It sounds like you misunderstood what you heard. I'm certainly not wasting my time to go verify my guess that you misinterpreted what you heard. Why should I? If you're sure you're right, come back and throw it in our faces with links, otherwise don't get mad people are 'calling you out'.

here ya go his name is:

Adam Gadahn, or "Azzam the American" an American convert to Islam who has been indicted for treason by a court in the United States

supports al qaeda and attacks but hasnt been linked to any.

He is the first American charged with treason since 1952.[3]

Last edited:
otb01 said:

sorry fool.

YOU are wrong.

there is a very fine line between agreeing with al qaeda and actually participating in attacks. the govt can fudge this VERY well as further reading also led to sources stating he was later indicted for providing "material support" for a terrorist organization however, a youtube video denouncing the USA and supporting al qaeda could be considered "material support"

the two indictments are seperate and as i stated, he was originally indicted for treason on the basis of agreeing, backing, and eventually claiming to be "al qaeda"

An American ctitizen who allegedly trained in Al Queda camps outside the US to participate in a foreign conflict with no US involvement was convicted in the US and sentenced to ten years.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/07-20-2007/0004629729&EDATE=

Daniel Joseph Maldonado, a.k.a. Daniel Aljughaifi, 28, pleaded guilty
in April 2007 admitting he had traveled from Houston to Africa in November
2005 and then on to Somalia in December 2006 to join the Islamic Courts
Union (ICU) and elements of Al Qaeda to fight "jihad" against the
Transitional Federal Government to establish an independent Islamic State
in Somalia.

While in Somalia, Maldonado was provided an AK-47, equipped with
military combat uniforms and boots in Mogadishu, and participated in
training camps in Kismaayo and Jilib, Somalia. The camps included physical
fitness, firearms and explosives training, all in preparation to go to the
front to fight for the ICU. Al Qaeda members were present at the training
camps. ICU and Al Qaeda, a recognized foreign terrorist organization,
worked together to train fighters in the camps to fight jihad to establish
an independent Islamic state in Somalia.

Maldonado was captured by Kenyan military forces on January 21, 2007 as
he fled to avoid Ethiopian and Somalian forces. Expelled by Kenyan
officials, Maldonado was turned over to American authorities and flown to
Houston accompanied by Special Agents of the Federal Bureau of
Investigation. Maldonado has been in federal custody since his return to
the United States.

WASHINGTON, July 20 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Daniel Joseph Maldonado,
a.k.a. Daniel Aljughaifi, a U.S. citizen convicted of receiving training
from a foreign terrorist organization has been sentenced to 10 years in
prison, Kenneth L. Wainstein, Assistant Attorney General for National
Security, Don DeGabrielle, U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of
Texas, and Joseph Billy, Assistant Director of the Federal Bureau of
Investigation Counterterrorism Division, announced today.

The 10-year sentence is the maximum statutory penalty for receiving
military training from a terrorist organization. U. S. District Judge Gray
H. Miller handed down the maximum sentence during a hearing held in Houston
this morning. The prison term is to be followed by a three year term of
supervised release. Additionally, the court imposed a $1000 fine.

Assistant Attorney General Wainstein said, "We cannot tolerate our own
citizens joining the ranks of our enemies and foreign terrorists. Any
American who does so can expect swift prosecution and a severe sentence."

"Those who would consider training with enemies of our national
security or otherwise feel inclined to align themselves with foreign agents
of international discord should consider the very real consequences of
federal prison for their actions like the ten years of incarceration
awaiting Mr. Maldonado," said U. S. Attorney Don DeGabrielle.

The US has made it very clear that they will prosecute citizens who do not abide by US law no matter where in the world they are, they will also extradite foreign citizens and try them under US law for offences commited abroad.
This is a fairly recent trend and is disturbing, the US is doing this because no one has called them on it and other countries are going to want to do the same. What happens when all kinds of crazy extradition requests come in because of pictures online or in a blog?

bingalpaws said:
lol seriously. But again, if I had to guess, I'd say that the xanax in his pocket could very likely have been the root of his stupidity. How many times have you awoken in the morning only to (partially) remember what you did the day before? You just make dumb choices sometimes when you're all benzo'd out. Hell, the kid may not even remember the damn incident lol. There was this time in high school, one of my first benzo experiences ever. My friend was on them too, and I wouldn't drive his car (land rover) because I was too fuct up. So, he drove (even though he was as bad as I was). The next day he's like 'damn that was so messed up last night, I can't believe my rover is okay!' - that was at like late afternoon, and as soon as he said that it all came back to me - we drove back and he hit multiple mailboxes as he kept drifting off the road. It was amazing tho, I had gone all day without any recollection of the incident whatsoever. Benzos are a helluva a drug!
Haha can you imagine that, he wakes in a jail cell thinking;

"wtf did I do last night? Did I get busted for pissing on the sidewalk or something?"

"Son now tell us where the cocaine a guns came from"

"fuckkkkkkkkk"