• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official 2007 MLB thread!

axl blaze

Bluelighter
spring is at our heels, baseball junkies, so who are you rooting for this year?

I just hope that the Pirates can win more games than last year and the White Sox improve after their shitty ending last year... oh yeah... and that the Red Sox beat the Yankees!

the purpose of this thread is, like the ones prior, to compact most of the MLB posts into one thread. however, if something spectacular happens or you want to rant about, say, Barry Bonds and steroids, you are more than welcome to start a thread about that. if you are just going to post one post about the outcome of one of MANY of baseball's games, it is more than welcome here.

Here we go Red Sox here we go...

I cant wait for the games to start. I was able to buy tix for a good amount of games (the virtual waiting room SUCKS ASS but whatever)

well obviously as a Minnesotan I'm hoping the Twins can make something of themselves, but I'm a realist and our rotation is gone to shit right now--and we for some reason, unbeknownst to anyone in MN, reacquired MATTHEW LECROY!! 8)8)8)8(

what a fucking waste of money, a 3rd string catcher and backup to Justin Morneau? whyy??

Soon we'll realize why we got rid of him in the first place, because he can always be counted on for a nice chopper up the middle and no chance at beating out the play. Lose some weight Matthew or get out of here, we don't need/want you.

When does grapefruit league start? Should be soon eh?

Well then! too distracted by the playoff race in the NHL I think! I did check out the standings so far, cleveland is in 3rd! cheea

How about tampa bay, 1 and 10? off to a bad start!

im drafting my fantasy league as we speak. course ill be rooting for the stros who will gain a little offense in acquiring carlos lee. We'll also do the roger clemens dance till july

oh btw sports forum...?? wtf? finally caved huh?

Yeah I sent a bunch of messages to BL requesting a sports gallery and/or forum! it finally came, this is my new fav forum. I'm not really into the drug scene as much as I was the past 3 years so I kind of get board of Ecstacy forum, Psych forum etcetera..

Yea this forum kicks ass. But to stay on topic....

As always I will be supporting my green and gold Oakland soon to be Fremont A's of Oakland.

Note to Leo Wolffe THERE IS NO A IN FREMONT!

I still have love though. It will be an intersting season, hopefully Harden can stay healthy, Crosby can return to rookie of the year form, and Loazia can play like he did in the last half of last season.

Realistically they probably will not make the playoffs, but who knows the AL west looks pretty weak this year.

LETS GO OAKLAND!

bowie kuhn died. nary a mention in the news.

i guess this is what happens when you're more famous for trying to get jim bouton to say ball four was full of lies and not attending the game where hank aaron broke the all-time HR mark than having been baseball commisioner for 15 years.

i'm a yankees fan, i can't friggin wait for this year. i won't bother bragging about the squad, just wish everyone a great year of baseball with minimal injuries and good, exciting races.

anyone else a fantasy baseball fan? i have a pretty good team in my 15 man league:

C Pudge Rodriguez
C Jason Varitek

1B Albert Pujols
2B Robinson Cano
3B Ryan Zimmerman
SS Bobby Crosby

CI Mark Loretta
MI Placido Polanco

LF Hideki Matsui
CF Endy Chavez
RF Magglio Ordonez

OF Melky Cabrera
OF Trot Nixon

Util Kenny Lofton

Bench = Pedro Feliz, Scott Hatteberg

SP Daisuke Matsuzuka
SP Javier Vasquez
SP Ted Lilly
SP Kei Igawa
SP Vincente Padilla

RP Mariano Rivera
RP Jonathan Papelbon
RP Scott Proctor
RP Geoff Geary

Bench = Jeff Weaver, Miguel Batista, Steve Trachsel

I'll probably shift Papelbon to Igawa's position, unless he improves from his spring training performance. I'm real happy about my position players.

Nice line up, Kenny Lofton would most definately be on my fantasy team.

Tigers going all the way this year. And save all your "yeah right the choked so hard in the series." replies, because that was solely due to inexperience. They are still incredibly young and with the addition of Sheffield no team in the fucking league should be able to challenge us.

Just watch. You are witnessing the beginning of a dynasty.

^ why so sad?

I love the braves too, lived in Atlanta for a good 7 years--got to experience the joy of 95 and the anguish of 96 :) But I do think they'll do very well this year, can't decide yet who I have winning the NL, them or the Astros, but things will definitely be better for them than last year ;)

god if the yankees get clemens, they are gonna be sick. they already have the best offense in baseball and adding a 1-2 to their rotation (having already signed petitt) makes their weak staring pitching all of a sudden damn competitive, especially in the playoffs

remember last year how everyone was saying it wasn't a matter of who was gonna win the world series, but rather how many games the yanks would give up along the way? I'd hate to see them with andy and roger in october

for your information we already have a number one, and his name is chien meng wang. that kid is a fucking rock and has earned his pinstripes for sure.

the rocket would be a welcome addition, maybe shifting igawa to long relief or making room by trading pavano (there actually has been interest), but as great as he is, i think the club should concentrate on what they already have in the organization for now. scott karstens is damn near ready for the bigs, and phil hughs is just a couple years away. humberto sanchez is nothing to sneeze at either, and we spent our first round draft pick on another highly rated pitcher. the farm system is starting to get real nice under the reign of brian cashman, and i for one, am thrilled.

I definitely like the tigers' chances. Like I hate ecstasy said, our pitching is going to be equally as sick as last year, but now with experience. And with a beefed up offense, we will be tough to stop.

Year after year you always hear about how the A's can't replace the stars they've lost in the off season. And yes every season the A's field one of the most competitive teams in baseball, making the playoffs the 5 of the past 7 seasons. Last year I was pretty excited for the team and expected them to take the Series, but ultimately they fell short. This year, the A's may have lost Zito and Thomas, but I'm more optimistic about this season than last year. For one, most of the team was banged up last year and a lot of key players missed time (Harden, Crosby, Bradley) and some other guys performance was hampered by their injuries (Chavez, Kotsay, etc.). I'm expecting a huge year from Bradley. Second, the A's have some great young players (as usual) waiting for their time. Daric Barton, Travis Buck, Ryan Goleski, Dallas Braden, Kurt Suzuki are all guys who you should keep an eye out for. And lastly, the losses of Zito and Thomas won't be too bad as the A's are more about role players stepping up in games instead of one or two guys carrying the team themselves. Not to mention Zito is overrated. I honestly think the only thing that happened in the offseason that truly effects team is the loss of Ron Washington. The A's have been built on pitching and defense the past few years. But the key guys on defense have been here for a while so his lessons won't be forgotten. The A's may very well have the best defensive left side infield in the majors (Chavez, Crosby and Ellis). Anybody who thinks Ellis wasn't robbed of a Gold Glove last year should give me half of the drugs they're on.

I can't wait for the season to start. I have season tickets this year.

A's In '07

Being an Australian, we dont get heaps of baseball, be I like to keep my eye on the results.

Can someone tell me how the Indians are shaping up?