• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide (Immodium) Megathread: We have now lost at least 2 of our own from Lope

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is quinidine that is supposed to help it cross the blood brain barrier, not quinine. Quinidine is one of the chemicals in cinchona bark, along with quinine and related compounds. Quinine and quinidine are found in higher amounts than the others, but it contains a lot more quinine than quinidine. I don't know if you could get enough quinidine from cinchona to be effective without overdosing on quinine.

I've got some cinchona extract. I'm trying it right now. The normal dose is one teaspoon. I just dosed 2tsp and I'm going to take 1 loperamide pill in 30min. If that doesn't do anything after 30-40min, I'll take another 0.5tsp extract and 2 or 3 loperamide pills. I doubt it will have any significant effects, but I need to satisfy my curiosity.

I'll let everyone know how it goes.

About a month ago, I ran out of Subutex 2 days early - and had been rationing out what little I had for 2 days prior to that (0.5mgs a day).

After reading on here about loperamide - and being over 100 miles away from H I gave it a try.

I took 80mgs the first day. I was in withdrawals when I took it - about 30mins later I noticed I felt a hell of a lot better. 30mins after that, I felt 100% well and normal.

It works.

It did give me a mild stomach ache though for about an hour. But that was much more preferable than 48 hours of withdrawal.

For the last week, I have been aiding my Suboxone withdrawals with Loperamide (Imodium brand). The first day, I stuck to your typical, box-suggested doses. All it did was keep me from shitting.

The next day, I upped the dose by about 50mg, for a grand total of 60mg.

An hour later, the first hints of, we will call it, "opiate like intoxication," became noticeable. By this, I mean dry, tired, scratchy eyes. Lowered blood pressure. Relaxed breathing. Reduced anxiety. And best of all, the most wonderful and beneficial aspect of high-dose Loperamide, reduced (read: completely gone) joint pain and the stopping of the "skin crawls."

I've been doing basicaly the same thing. Although I've only been using enough to stop the shits. I'm heading for the loperimide immedialetly. I'll but in my .02 afterward. Of corse I've already done some benzos. I haven't slept more than snippets for three days. If it works for insomnia I'm good. Going to through in some DXM too. That seems to help with sleep somewhat although I haven't used any since early taper. I think it's now I need it.

I didn't notice much, if anything from the first loperamide pill. I then held a couple under my tongue, and I am pretty sure I'm feeling a mild opiate high from that. I have another under my tongue now. It's not very strong, maybe comparable to about 10mg hydrocodone, though the feeling is different from hydrocodone or poppies. It is enough that I don't think it could be placebo. I suppose I could be wrong. I'd rather use poppies. I probably will have some poppies in a little while. Quinidine is a potentiator of other opiates too, from what I have read.

I'm definitely feeling sleepy. I don't know if it is from drugs or just happened on its own.

I'm interested in ways for this to cross the blood brain barrier. In theory we could get it to happen

What about plugging a large dose of lope? Besides the not shitting, would this help it pass the BBB?

No. It's not about delivery, it's about the actual molecule not being able to cross.

For me:

I pop like 2, so thats 4mg (adult dose on box), shit is awesome (no pun)

I mean it helps with diarrhea very very well. Drink lots of water to prevent dehydration.

as for crossing the BBB, I think i read on bluelight someone saying you need polysorbate 80 or something? I have no idea, i'm a business major, not a chemistry major.

What about plugging a large dose of lope?

-----

Why are you people so eager to put it in** yer bum?

Last edited:
What about plugging a large dose of lope?

-----

Why are you people so eager to put it in** yer bum?

Its not that people are necessarily eager to insert drugs into their rectum, but rectal administration is well-known as a way to increase bioavailability of many drugs, since it bypasses the first-pass metabolism of drugs administered orally, and generally absorbs more effectively than nasal administration. Plus its safer than IV use, but almost as effective in some cases.

In the case of loperamide, however, plugging wouldn't work. Regardless of the ROA, loperamide won't cross the BBB unless combined with another substance that would specifically increase absorption through the BBB. Someone mentioned polysorbate 80 earlier, I've read in studies that this would work.

This thread was started on 07-03-2007, don't you think we would have had an answer by now?

^It's actually already been answered. Joining loperamide to a delivery mechanism of polysorbate 80, or concurrent administration with quinidine in order to get the loperamide to cross the BBB, allows for analgesia and presumably recreational effects. Its just that these are not feasible ways for the average druggie to use loperamide, so a simpler, easy to perform, mechanism would be needed in order to abuse one's imodium.

But for many drug-related questions, it would take more than two years for them to be answered! Loperamide has been around since 1969, and it seems from the dates of these studies that only recently has the question of how to get loperamide into the brain at all has been answered.

Cemitadine is used to enhance the effects of many drugs. Peoples brain chemistry & tolerance seem to be important here. Anyone with any kind of tolerance doesn't get off on it at all, but some opiate-nieve people say they get a buzz. Well, I'm not going to say it's placebo but I would be interesting to know just WHAT is going on.
Snorting will not sort the BBB problems since it only gets it into the blood. Wiki, especially chemistry bits, is notoriously unreliable.

I just started reading this thred, and before I go any further, I'd like to add (add as in say the same thing you said lol) that you need to be careful at what you read on Wiki! Just remember to double or even tripple check else where and comfirm wiki so you can be sure what you're reading is accurate or not..

1 - you would have to take an insane amount
2 - it wouldn't give any regular opiate user any euphoria

Whenever I run out of Percocets I go to Wally World and buy a big bottle of loperamide. A 96 count bottle of generic costs like 10 bucks. I take about 100 mg (50 pills) the first day, and I feel something about the same as codeine. ( I hope this isn't considered sourcing as this info is available on Wally World's website).

I know some people say that you won't ever shit again or that it's placebo, but after having a 150 mg a day percocet habit I can tell you it is effective when nothing else is around. I don't consider it recreational, but it's a real life saver when you don't have anything else available. If you are worried about not shitting don't be. And yes I do shit regularly on it (well at least every two days, not so different from a "real" pill habit).

All I can say is just try it for your self and report back. It is the best thing I have ever found to combat withdrawels. I wish I had discovered it years ago instead of months ago.

^It's actually already been answered. Joining loperamide to a delivery mechanism of polysorbate 80, or concurrent administration with quinidine in order to get the loperamide to cross the BBB, allows for analgesia and presumably recreational effects. Its just that these are not feasible ways for the average druggie to use loperamide, so a simpler, easy to perform, mechanism would be needed in order to abuse one's imodium.

But for many drug-related questions, it would take more than two years for them to be answered! Loperamide has been around since 1969, and it seems from the dates of these studies that only recently has the question of how to get loperamide into the brain at all has been answered.

There are three ways, actually.

Loperamide can cross the BBB. It is NOT completely blocked, it just crosses in tiny amounts. Recreational effects can be felt with VERY high doses (read: close to 200mg) of Loperamide, since it only takes doses in the micrograms to cause recreational effects.

And yes - since I know someone is going to ask - I have tried it myself, and yes, it does work.

Ok, First of all I am new here, but I have been reading posts about Loperamide for a few years. Its just interesting to me. Anyway here are some of my thoughts. Do these look familiar to anyone? C22H28N2O AND C29H33ClN202
The enemy is IMO the Cl and one of the O. Now, does anyone have a swimming pool? No code talk on this one, I am asking, does anyone have a swiming pool. If you do, then you know how important it is to make sure you put clorine into it to keep the water clean. Now ask yourself, why do I have to add clorine to my pool every so often. Its because the clorine breaks down. What is the cause of the clorine breaking down? Also, are thier chemicals to add to your pool to get rid of any unessary Cl to keep the ph on que? Thats worth looking into because Cl is our first and formost enemy. Another side note, Cl is also the enemy of women who bleach thier hair. If clorine combines with the bleaching process the hair turns green. So, is there an agent in some hair bleaching supplies that deter Cl? Second, we need to worry about that O2. It needs to be just a single O. But we will worry about that after the Cl issue is solved. Need some thoughts here.

Status
Not open for further replies.