• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide (Immodium) Megathread: We have now lost at least 2 of our own from Lope

Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost bought a box yesterday than said nah it probably won't work and I don't want to get sick. Now I'm kind of intrigued again, what have people taken with it to get it to cross the BBB and has anyone snorted it?

Since loperamide is only slightly soluble in water, I imagine that the BA wouldn't be nearly what it is when taken orally-- and that's a hell of a lot to snort even if it was totally water soluble. There's also a lot of debate as to whether you can get it to cross the BBB with any MOA; I think there was speculation as to whether there was a genetic difference that would allow some to have it cross the BBB whereas it would not in the general population tend to do so.

Does anyone here have a chemistry background? I was wondering what the process is to get polysorbate 80 to bind to loperamide. You can get loperamide from any drug store OTC and polysorbate 80 is sold online as Tween80 for like $50 a gallon. If you mixed the lopermide and spun it in a centrifuge (used ones are available for under $250), the very heavy loperamide (based on molar mass) should separate to the bottom of both the water, and the filler/binder in the loperamide, leaving you with pure loperamide. Polysorbate 80 is highly soluble in water. Lopermide is somewhat soluble. Both are very soluble in alcohol. Mixing the pure loperamide and polysorbate 80 in alcohol would allow them to interact, but this might not necessarily mean that they will bind, allowing the polysorbate 80 to coat the loperamide molecules. Would they bind at all on their own, and if not, what else needs to happen to get them to stick?

The process is more involved....

But even if you had loperamide that could cross the BBB, you'd end up with an edgy and potential toxic opioid with questionable abuse potential.

That said, I took 100mg on a couple of occasions, got some of the peripheral symptoms of opioid, as well as itching and pupil constriction, there was little CNS effect. A 100mg dose is long lasting, and will significantly reduce physical opioid withdrawal and slightly or moderately reduce the psychological element.

But, yes, it prolongs the withdrawal process, and is not good to use for long periods of time.

Ok, I think I'll try it, as I'm a bit bored this xmas ;)

I found 56mg of this.

"Opiate backgorund":
300mg of tramadol would be what I want today. I think I'm immune to codeine, because 315mg of it dosesn't do me much.

Should I take all 56mg?

pzdr

I woke up today with pink eyes, ichy, slowed down, sleepy and with some smile on my face. It seems it crosses BBB in some amount.

Ok, from this expirience:
It does work. I've had a nice day (althrough I was sleepy and I couldn't concentrate on things like reading, learning).
It's 24h since I took it and the effects just wore off.
I'll see what happens to my digestive system and see if I should take more ;)

pzdr

edit:
At the beginning of the day I had funny low voice

Last edited:
Yea this stuff is really a curse and a blessing. Ever since i have found how well this shit works for me, and what dosages are good, it makes it that much easier for my junkie addict mind to rationalize and justify a relapse.

For almost a year now ive been binging for a few weeks at a time on Iv H... and when its time to stop or something forces me, i just hope back on the Lope. It has become so easy and almost second nature, that i dont even care about the consequences of going back out and using, because i know i can always just grab a big bottle of Lope.

It has def saved my ass from getting caught by my friends or family members loadsss of times when the sickness starts to hit, and all i wanna do is lay around and die. within 2hours 50mgs of lope has me back on my feet. I would honestly rather detox with lope then any other drug that is available for opiate withdrawl. i find that starting around 50 mg's the first day holds me well for atleast 24 hrs, and then every following day decreasing my dose 5-10 mg.

Well I went to the store to try this crazy idea of taking Immodium to catch some sort of buzz and take away the minor w/ds i was going through. Dose was 32mg on an empty stomach and absolutely nothing happened, other than relieving the semi-unpleasant symptoms I was having. I wasn't very surprised at the result but I'm glad I know now.

Oh and I havent shit since then!(3 days ago)

I was able to evacuate my bowels the day after taking 96mg of loperamide (with no opioid tolerance). I seem to have a naturally high tolerance to both central and non-central actions of opioids....

Ok that does it, I'm going out and buying my first bottle of lope tommorow.

I'm trying to get off these damn poppies but it might be another week or so just before the codiene gets here. I'm gonna get a nice big ol box tommorow, I'll let wd come on and then swallow some, then I'll know for a fact whether or not this lope stuff works.

edit: ok I remembered I had a bunch left over from earlier this semester when I ran out of pods. I got about 12 - 2mg Immodium.
I am assuming though because I had a 30gm dose of pods last night I won't feel much, but I think I'll take around 6 just to see if I notice anything.
I need SOMETHING to stablize these pods.

Pods use to carry me through the day on a night before dose, but now in the mornings I'm yawning, tired, stretching all the way till my next dose that night, even get hot flashes. So If i take these and stop yawning maybe that'll be a clue its doing something.

And I know this was said before but I scanned back a few pages and couldn't find it. Whats a good price for the generic loperamide? And do most pharmacies carry it? Like rite aid or something?

I'll start with these and see if I wake up at all..

Last edited:
Seems to me that a few mg's of Suboxone pretty much completely antagonizes loperamide, right? Even the intended AD effects... (No surprise, of course.) I did successfully use lope to beat w/ds from suboxone in the past (yes it works, no it doesn't make your colon implode), but this time i just wanted to beat the shits (and if I got a mood lift too, great). On 4-8mgs of suboxone a day, had diarrhea, took 50mg of lope... nothing, didn't stop the shits. :(

BLUELIGHT IS AWESOME!!! i am totally addicted to these posts and threads. (ok i really have no life) I thought I was the only wierd person in the world crazy enough to do shit like ingest Immodium to get a buzz. Ps-I actually have not grown the balls to try it yet.

I don't doubt at all that it can help some of the peripheral withdrawal symptoms. When there was a problem with my morphine script, I think I had 6 x 2mg pills. Just helped with the shits though, probably would need more to deal with other symptoms

But, as for getting an actual opiate high? Well, I think the placebo effect is a very powerful thing

It's not placebo. What I think is that "high" is not the proper word to described what the effects are. There are effects, but they aren't pleasurable. They can be almost dysphoric.

Again, it's not placebo, but it's not a "high" either, or at least, it's not what you would normally expect from an opiate high.

I woke up today with pink eyes, ichy, slowed down, sleepy and with some smile on my face. It seems it crosses BBB in some amount.

Again, Loperamide is not blocked by the BBB. It passes then is pushed back out by p-glycoprotein pumps. Some of it does make it to the CNS, however, but in very very minute amounts.

That does not mean you all should run out and try it. Like I said earlier in the post, the high is not really a high at all. The only time a larger than normal dose of Imodium should be consumed is if you are trying to hold back withdrawal symptoms. For that, it does work well, but to get high, it's useless and unpleasant.

I am hearing mixed reports, but will the Lope(lol. lollerlope. loperlols.) help with my RLS from WDing? I can take any part of WDing except RLS.

Give me goose bumps and nausea/vomiting all day, even sweating, RLS I cannot stand.

Thanks for the response, long live this thread.

ps. I read all 11 pages before I posted this.

It eliminates all symptoms of withdrawal for most people. Whether it will work for you, you'll have to find out by trying it. I'm betting it will, if the dose is high enough to fit your tolerance.

Enough Dulcolax might help get rid of the constipation.

I think high doses of loperamide would just make me feel weird and probably sick though.

I think high doses of loperamide would just make me feel weird and probably sick though.

If the dose is really high, then yeah, that's exactly what it's like. It's not pleasurable.

High (but not too high) doses do help with withdrawals, though, without any weird side-effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.