Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

DMT containing Aussie plants

Tortoise

Bluelighter
Howdy
I just wanted to know if there are any wild growing plants in australia that contain DMT and could be used in ayahuasca brews.
Thanks

Acacia Maidenii and Mimosa Hostilis are two that come to mind and from memory, are fairly common in Australia. Both have medium to high alkaloid yields as well.

really common acacia trees/wattles contain dmt in it. You can extract it using methanol somehow... its on erowid somewhere.

Or, you could find a company online that sells the plants if you don't want to have to track a plant down yourself. They aren't illegal to own, at least some of them aren't.

Mr Blonde said:
Or, you could find a company online that sells the plants if you don't want to have to track a plant down yourself. They aren't illegal to own, at least some of them aren't.

Definitely a good suggestion if you want to be sure you have the right stuff, but here in Aus plants containing DMT are very common and easy to get, and rootbark is a bit pricy. If money isn't an issue then go the rootbark.

I read something on erowid once about some attempted axtraction from some kind of tree/root bark/maybe leaves ~ but it exists and contains DMT ~ maybe in conjunction with other less desireable tryptamines!

Here is the best extraction guide on Erowid.

This looks very interesting, me and a friend have been considering it for some time now. In the interests of harm-reduction, is lye the same as what we call drano in Australia? The guide says that the lye is sodium hydroxide, and that's what drano is. Is there a difference in quality or something?

I beleive it is. However there CAN be some nasties in some drain cleaning chemicals.

Say that you are making home made soap and I'm sure you can find NaOH somewhere. Also known as caustic soda.

As has been said...It is more a question of which plants dont contain DMT.

MH is a south american plant a does not grow naturally in oz,
although there a select few species of OzAcacia which can be fairly variable in alkaloid content and would mostly be unethical to harvest.

Acid/base then Freeze precipitation method is mostly commonly used extraction.

edited for missing info..

Last edited:
acacaia Maidenii is part of Australia's national emblem, is it endangred?

Its just im so sure i have seen lots of those and i have only realized until now what they REALLY are.

OMG this thread could to change my life . . . . . . . .)

Last edited:
Acacia pycnantha eg golden wattle, not maidenii is our national plant.

You will see A.maidenii around but rarely if ever in the 'bush'.
A.obtusifola is probably most recomended and can be found in eastern vic.

San pedros love melbourne because it is a very similiar to there homeland. A common garden cactus here.

How can you tell if youve got the right acacias? is there anything to look out for because I know where there are tons of acacias, just not sure if theyre good though. They have those furry yellow things on them which im assuming is a good sign?

Mr Blonde said:
Here is the best extraction guide on Erowid.

This looks very interesting, me and a friend have been considering it for some time now. In the interests of harm-reduction, is lye the same as what we call drano in Australia? The guide says that the lye is sodium hydroxide, and that's what drano is. Is there a difference in quality or something?

You can buy caustic soda from hardware stores or supermarkets

You can buy caustic soda from hardware stores or supermarkets

You need to be careful it does not contain small flakes of aluminium, which is sometimes added to NaOH to prevent use in drug manufacture. To be sure, a better option may be to purchase from a place that supplies ingredients for soap manufacture.

you'll probably have a hard time buying plant matter online from overseas due to australia's quarantine regulations.

DMT is illegal so therefore it is illegal to import plant material containing DMT.
Not a good idea...

you guys really arent into ethnobotany hey?

I would suggest you do lots of reading regarding about this very powerful sacrament and plant sources thereof, and particularly acacia ID.

Lol, those little yellow things are flowers and they look similiar on most wattles.
It would be very difficult for a lay man to identify one of the active species of wattle as they look very similiar.

Most spend years before they are able to experience it..

GOODLUCK :\

Have to agree with the post above, it may take yrs! Ethnobotany... the better high! :)

retrogradeamnesia said:
you guys really arent into ethnobotany hey?

I would suggest you do lots of reading regarding about this very powerful sacrament and plant sources thereof, and particularly acacia ID.

Just makin sure that the point made is not missed.

" A very powerful sacrament "

tis not a party drug ppl.

Respect for the plant providers and sacrament is of utmost importance in this field.