• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

DMT containing Aussie plants

from memory there are something like 700+ species of Accacia. if your serious about going hunting you will need to do some serious research before heading out. alot of species look fairly similar and it might only be minute subtleties that set them apart.
do not under any circumstances attempt to harvest A. phleb (if there are any left after the fires!)

i highly recommend the CSIRO guide to Accacia's (computer program) as a resource, i forget exactly what its called but a search should be able to tell you. at around $100 its not exactly cheap though.

if your looking for DMT analogues then id suggest searching out one of the native grasses although youll find you need a large amount of material to get anywhere.

Mr Blonde said:
Or, you could find a company online that sells the plants if you don't want to have to track a plant down yourself. They aren't illegal to own, at least some of them aren't.

none of the DMT containing plants are currently illegal to own or grow. however preparations (inc. removing bark + leaves) from these plants most likely are so keep that in mind

DMT is illegal so therefore it is illegal to import plant material containing DMT.
Not a good idea...

you guys really arent into ethnobotany hey?”

Also in reguards to Acacia’s, SWIM has used 5 different types and the one with the greatest DMT content BY FAR is A obtusifolia, with about 3-4g/Kg. The only stronger Acacia is A phlebophylla, but that’s only found on Mt Buffalo. Apparently you could use the leaves it’s so strong.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it funny that in my area the police station has many DMT containing wattles surrounding the enterance

the police officers have DMT in their brains too. . unless they're actually robots disguised as humans. . which wouldn't surprise me!

Are there any tests you could do on plant matter to confirm the presense of DMT? Maybe a rough extraction then a test.

Many of the common and some of the not so common reagents react well with DMT, however, other alkaloids, particularly other tryptamines will also react with most of these reagents and may produce similar or different colours.

DMT containing plants, Canberra

This may not deserve its own thread so feel free to move it to the DMT Big and Dandy or wherever.

Yet again the nations capital has come up short.

I was wondering if any Canberrans have made DMT using local plants in the past?

The only plants that are supposedly in my area that contain the required alkaloids are the Acacia Longifolia and the Acacia Obtusifolia, neither of which are natives and are only likely to reside within the botanical gardens.

Also what would happen if i attempted an extraction with just a random Acacia, say a Snowy River Wattle? Although unreliable i've heard sources state that all Acacia's contain some amount of DMT.

1.) search the internet on species

2.) grow your own plants to get dmt, don't become one of the other 100's of druggo idiots destroying perfectly good trees, unless of course you are destroying a pest species for it.

%)

I have already searched for species within canberra and i cannot find a conclusive list. Also i was not planning on killing a tree, but thanks for your helpful reply.

Unless you've grow a tree for this specific purpose, I wouldn't advise stripping down any native Australian species...the yield to effort to environmental damage simply isn't worth it! I'd suggest powdered mimosa hostilis root bark if you're thinking about an extraction.

After posting comments in the Big and Dandy thread suggesting the importation of MHRB is prohibited, I've been unable to find any conclusive proof on either the AQIS or Customs sites. After a degree of investigation, it is my opinion that the importation of gamma irradiated MHRB is not illegal if you have a valid end use (eg - as a dying agent).

Thanks for the advice marley i might look into it although it sounds expensive might be my only option.

Correct me if i am wrong but can DMT not be extracted from leaves flowers and seeds? (genuine question) Removing these from the tree would surely affect it in some way but it wouldn't kill it.

you could buy a psychotria viridis and banisteriopsis caapi plant and make an ayahuasca brew.

Thanks for the advice marley i might look into it although it sounds expensive might be my only option.

Correct me if i am wrong but can DMT not be extracted from leaves flowers and seeds? (genuine question) Removing these from the tree would surely affect it in some way but it wouldn't kill it.

Incorrect. DMT CAN be extracted from leaves, but the percentage content of leaves is generally MUCH lower than that of bark/roots. It varies from species to species so you'll have to look it up once you find a suitable one.

you could buy a psychotria viridis and banisteriopsis caapi plant and make an ayahuasca brew.

A couple of Australian plant suppliers are now selling psychotria hybrids in established plants rather than seeds so this may represent the fastest way to grow a DMT containing plant. I've only ever seen Mimosa Hostilis in seed form which is far too slow.

Phalaris aquatica is another alternative, but you'll need a reasonably large space to grow enough of it.

You fuckers better not go ripping up endangered native trees just for a high. Seriously this shit is looked down upon so heavily by the entheobotanic community.

Also just for you information growing an acacia yourself is a waste of time. They take years and years to grow and once you feel like harvesting their bark (which is most potent with DMT when the tree is mature) the tree will die.

This is what happens when you strip the bark from a tree. They die.

You may think you're not hurting anything by killing one tree but trust me you are.

If you really NEED to extract some DMT the only way to do it is to collect bark and tree litter from the ground around the right trees.

There are so many acacia tree's out there which look identical to the untrained eye, so be sure you have the right one before you go and try an extraction.

5 years average to mature. bit long for a stash, sure, but its not like they grow for a hundred years. and they are very easy to grow....so a bit of forethought and dedication would be required ...but it wouldnt be impossible.

however, i do agree it is well out of the scope of your average punter.........and yeah, just collect the bark off the ground, there should be enough around as they shd a lot. just beware of funnel web spiders if you are in the blue mountains.

On Wiki under psychedelic plants it lists which Acacia's contain DMT along with photos, other compounds etc. A good starting point although this info should be verified against other sources before being taken as gospel.

Interestingly on species is stated to contain DMT, Mescaline, Methamphetamine and Nicotine. Sounds like one hell of a cocktail, although I suspect contamination may have played a role in the analysis.