• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM Scraps & Redundancies

I Flushed 15 Grams of DXM Down the Toilet Last Week

Prior to his ketamine-related death, author D.M. Turner had become increasingly convinced that ketamine was a "Frankenstein molecule" which did not obey the traditional shamanic rules. For the past several years, I have struggled with the intellectual issues surrounding psychedelics, especially those psychedelics which have proved most useful in my own development: LSD, DMT, 5-MeO-DMT, ketamine, and DXM. I find myself very much in agreement with Turner's model (as metaphor, not dogma). While DXM and ketamine have been productive of much useful insight and information, they also have subtle effects on my personality which I do not find desirable. I find a tendency for myself to become more self-centered. I find myself suffering from a loss of ambition. I find my emotional and perceptual responses to be blunted, as though, even after I've come down, there's still some distance between myself and the world. The dissociatives are incredibly useful substances for exploring the mind/body connection, near death experiences, and out of body experiences on an experimental basis, but I have grown to feel that, especially at the higher doses, but even at the lower ones, given consistent use, dissociatives represent a refusal of one's embodiment, a sort of Gnostic rejection of the physical world to go float in disembodied bliss. I have come to feel that if I am going to be alive, I shouldn't spend a substantial portion of my life dead, in the Void. A further quality of both DXM and ketamine which has increasingly come to concern me might best be labeled as "psychedelic smack." I have obsevred in myself and in friends the conviction that if one just keeps dosing, some incredible, life-changing, world-shattering insight is just within reach...except that the tendency is for this dim abstraction to recede just as one nears it, necessitating yet another dose... I'm not saying that I'll never use ketamine or DXM again, but they will not be ccupying nearly so central a place in my medicine cabinet.
--
Cheers,
Cliff

^^^
Good stuff! As an occasional DXM user I completely know what you mean when you say "psychedelic smack".

I can say "blah, blah, blah, DXM, blah, blah" ...

... but, to me, and I think to all of us DXM is profound for reasons which are very personal to us and of what only the person speaking about it can understand.

Me? DXM is like Charlie Manson's words ...

... "Cause I keep walking in my forever, and I keep living in my dream."

I have done DXM a few times in different forms and it never quite appealed to me that much. I will do it like once every month or two if I don't have anything else. I like things that are clearer and still allow me to think, I guess it's different for everyone and I respect other people's opinions on DXM but it's just not really for me.

love DXM. it's probably my favorite. I have had some mighty different experiences on it both in pure powder form and in cough syrup. Very strange drug. Once i was unable to laugh at all. I couldnt bring myself to even giggle or smile.

Ive been dissed a lot for using it. As of right now, I can't find anyone to do it with. Everyone i've introduced it to has hated it.

DXM is my drug of choice. I have tried quite a few different drugs, and none have induced such a profound experience. I've done it about 20 times, with most times being merely good trips. Never have a had a bad one. And a few times I've had absolutely mind-blowing experiences when I take near a gram of the actual powder (just parachout it (sp), easier to get down then the syrup. Feels like a nice clean trip.

I do it probably about once every two months, but like, twice a weekend for like two weekends or so. Amazing.

too all you people that say you have had a bad time on DXM was it cough medicine or was it pure DXM. there are many things in cough medicine that should not be taken at a large dose. i know that most of the stuff in cough medicine will make you vary, vary sick if taken in a large dose and i think that should be taken in to account.
also i would like to add that DXM has taken my mind to places that it has never been before on any other drug. the last time i tripped i came up with a way to colonize the cosmoses that i think could possibly be useful in the later generations of man kind. for me DXM allows me to move freely through time and space (when i reach the 3rd plateau) which i love. to do this i normally take 500mg pure and it is on the come down when i try to sleep. also the lights are off, this helps me achieve the visuals that is get. it is almost a religious experience for me, which i find very special being that i am an atheist.
thank you for your time

Last edited:
I have 200 and 300 mg pills with pure powder in my room here, haven`t used `m yet(I have a few dozen of each) but I may try it soon. How much for a not too strong trip with a relatively clear head?

Dex - hate it hate it hate it. I always feel so out of control, so lost, and I just don't get those wonderful experiences that everyone talks about. I feel as if I can't move, can't think straight, and completely vulnerable. Plus, I always have the most horrible headaches the day after - I feel just BRAINRAPED the next day. Give me shrooms or acid ANY day, but not dex.

And I've done both powdered DXM and cough syrup. Neither was good for me.

I'll gladly accept any suggestions on how to have a GOOD dex trip, though... cause as of yet, I haven't...

Well Iv tried it a few times, the last time was really good. I had about 500mg. Smoke a j or two and just chill somewhere familiar and warm enough.

I have tried dxm twice both times having 600mg. The first time was awful just vomited and felt really sick (really regretted it at the time).

The second time was fukin amazing!!! I had some meth before because i fell asleep the first time and I was tripping off my nut for the whole night(suprisingly i didn't vomit). Wrote heaps of crazy shit down and msged friends telling one that they were the key and others that I was as "crazy as a tomcat writing his name with a crayon".

Honestly i can't remember much that happened that night but for some reason I felt like i sorted out heaps of things making me feel calmer and confident. THis may seem liek bullshit to you but its true.

I defiantly am a fan of DXM now but i think i will use it only occasionaly cause it did boggle my mind for quiet awhile.

try DXM + nitrous, that is so insane. when i did it i completely left my body and that was the best feeling i ever had.

That person actually did 6000 mg of *DMX*, a popular rap artists.

Honestly, I shit you not, I've done 2700 mg...yes, that's 2.7 grams. I adore DXM ; I think it is God's gift to humanity. I would prostitute my wife on the streets for a bottle of Tussin. Maybe I just have a stomach of steel, but I can guzzle down the sweet nectar like alcoholics drink beer.

But for the record, powder does little to nothing for me. Syrup REALLY gets me going...the taste alone makes my penis hard. I actually drink it instead of water when I'm thirsty. It tastes great with crabs...or spaghetti...or sauerkraut. I saw a great recipe online for "Tussin Hot Dogs", where you strain the juice out of the kraut, replace it with Tussin and put it on a hot dog. It's surprisingly good. Try injecting it into oranges with a food injector. My personal favorite is called a "DXM Shit Shake". Pour 8 oz. into a blender & shit in it...shit good long and hard. Drink it down whilst watching "Salo and the 120 Days of Sodom"...mmm mmm good.

Ive heard that DXM affects individuals differently to quite some degree.. i have two very close friends, that in our little triangle did DXM quite reguarly.. one LOVED it and his doing it weekly now, one thought it was allright, and i hate it... ive done DXM about 5-10 times from 300 mg to a entire 200ml bottle of tuss.. the lower doses are worth it, but the higher doses were interesting.. the high was confusing, not psychedelic... not entertaining, but rather dule and 'plasticy', it did however effect my bowels! to the point where i nearly shat myself!! theres nothing more disturbing... such a rotten high, i enjoyed the after glow tho.. anyways, i gave it a thumbs down.. but it all depends on the user..

:)

Last edited:
you either love it or hate it....

i happen to love it! every dxm trip ive had has been quite enjoyable. i just hate how it has such a bad rep

when i did it. when i was on it i didn't like it. i was way too sick from it being on an empty stomac but then threw up and felt sooo much better and started to feel the good effects. then watched ghost in the shell and just tripped it was great. then after i was sober i kicked into the first platue and love that. it was like a strong afterglow from eccies. but at the time i thought no i'm not going to do it again but i think i will. just take is slower not all at once and have something to eat before hand (i woke up and didn't eat and then got on it so my stomac really was bare)

I tryed it once I hated it It was a horrible experience.I didn't know what to do with myself was paranoid If I wasn't watching tv to keep my head straight I was confused and scared.I tripped my nuts off though Just not enjoyable.I could never touch the stuff again.

Placement said:
That person actually did 6000 mg of *DMX*, a popular rap artists.

Honestly, I shit you not, I've done 2700 mg...yes, that's 2.7 grams. I adore DXM ; I think it is God's gift to humanity. I would prostitute my wife on the streets for a bottle of Tussin. Maybe I just have a stomach of steel, but I can guzzle down the sweet nectar like alcoholics drink beer.

But for the record, powder does little to nothing for me. Syrup REALLY gets me going...the taste alone makes my penis hard. I actually drink it instead of water when I'm thirsty. It tastes great with crabs...or spaghetti...or sauerkraut. I saw a great recipe online for "Tussin Hot Dogs", where you strain the juice out of the kraut, replace it with Tussin and put it on a hot dog. It's surprisingly good. Try injecting it into oranges with a food injector. My personal favorite is called a "DXM Shit Shake". Pour 8 oz. into a blender & shit in it...shit good long and hard. Drink it down whilst watching "Salo and the 120 Days of Sodom"...mmm mmm good.

HAHAHA! good stuff