• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Personal experiences w/Seroquel+"Wellbutrin" (Bupropion) and recreational drugs

SnowWhite

Bluelighter
Personal experiences w/Seroquel+"Wellbutrin" (Bupropion) and recreational drugs

My Dr. recently, about 5 days ago, prescribed me wellbutrin and seroquel. I take 150mg of wellbutrin during the day and half of a 25mg pill of seroquel at night. I was on paxil before but it made me feel like shit. I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with these drugs and any recreational drugs. If so what was it?/what was your dosage,how much do you weigh, effects,etc. I was planing to party this weekend and wanted to know how other peoples personal experiences were. Oh by the way I'm 5'8/136lbs/F.
Thanks kids! peace/love,
*Caroline*

Neither of them are recreational.
Wellbutrin is an anti-depressant. It's an EXTREMELY BAD idea to mess around with anti-depressants trying to get high. Not only will you NOT get high, but lord knows what you'll end up doing to your brain. Also, you can end up killing yourself that way.
As for Seroquel, it is NOT recreational. At all. It makes you tired without getting you high.
However Seroquel has it's uses. It's excellent to take for coming down after taking stimulants. Just take between 75-100mgs and lay down and you should easily fall asleep. The only time it should not knock you out is if you're going through severe opiate withdrawals. Don't ever take more than 100mgs. Also, if you're going to be using cocaine or methamphetamine, take 25mgs and you'll take the paranoid edge off without getting drowsy or interfering with the high.

Yes, I know that know of them serve recreational proposes, I just wanted to hear some people's comments who have done recreational drugs while being on these medications. I'm not a newbie to the world of drugs I am well aware of things that are and aren't ok to do while on these medications, thankx for you concern though!
Peace/Love,
Caroline

I wrote a FAQ on Antideppressants and Recreational Drugs that is in the Drug FAQ forum. That should cover all of your wellbutrin concerns.
As for seroquel, I do not know much about its interaction with recreational drugs, although since it acts on serotonin it is likely to interact with MDMA and LSD -- possibly bad, and almost certainly reducing the effects of the drugs.
Please be careful if you decide to combine seroquel and recreational drugs. If possible, skip your seroquel for a few days before and after getting high.

Seroquel blocks the effect of serotonin at the 5HT2 receptor, and the effects of dopamine at the D2 receptor as well as others. This may result in a reduction of the effects of MD** drugs, other amphetamines and possibly LSD. I imagine though that the small dose you are taking may not have much of an effect on these substances.

I have been on Seroquel(100MG at 5PM and 200MG at bedtime/along with topamax 6tabs x 25 MGS) for about 5-6 weeks now, also I take percocets and hydros and sometimes oxys for pain cause I have been in 2 auto accidents in the past 6 months(not my fault hehe). Anyways I have been taking these painkillers and been getting the "fuked up" feeling until I started taking seroquel, now i get a some pain relief, but lil to no recreation use from the pain killers. Also I tried some K, which is rare from me, had my hubby down n out, but it didnt effect me at all.

i take 200mg of Welbutrin sr and 200mg of Saroquel daily. I was in a rehab recently and a girl died of respitory (or however the fuck you spell it) failure when she went out and got drunk to celabrate being graduated from the program. she was taking the exact things i am and they still arnt 100% sure what EXACTLY killed her but there is a reason why they say dont drink while on that shit. if i know im gunnaget faded when i go out, i tend to skip the saroquel. for everything else, meth and coke were fine. acid and shrooms worked fine as well. but ive only taken e once while ive been on these meds and i just didnt feel the same, but who knows i was on a lot of other stuff.
good luck and be careful =)

150 mgs bupropion and 300 sero`s daily, also sneak at least 3 mgs xanax. smoke weed when i can but my drinking night end up with me in strange situations and should be avoided.. good luck

sorry I can't recall dosages on the seroquel, but it stops mushrooms, acid, and ecstasy very well ime. Used to use it very regularly to stop candyflips (acid/mdma), I'd take it right when I was home and wanted the drugs to stop, I'd be passed out like 15 minutes later and get half decent sleep. Much preferred to benzos for this usage imo.

A couple years ago, I started off on Paxil and then switched to Wellbutrin as well. I started with 1 Wellbutrin XL 150mg per day (which is what I assume you're taking as well). My doctor wanted to bump me up to 300mg XL within a week. Well, the second day of taking the higher dosage of Wellbutrin, I felt extremely good for a little while but then started getting very lightheaded and strange mental effects. It seemed like I was a bit disconnected from reality.

That only happened once, and then I switched to Wellbutrin SR (which you take twice a day). I think I was just still pretty sensitive to the new effects the Wellbutrin were having on my brain when the 300mg XL gave me those weird symptoms.

Since you've just started out, and seem to be going the same route I did (w/ the addition of Seroquel.... I was prescribed Clonazepam... but that's beside the point) I would advise you to take it very slowly and easy if you do plan on doing any recreational drugs this early on in your Wellbutrin treatment. I would definitely not take extacy, coke, or any other stimulants until more time has passed and you're more familiar with how the Wellbutrin affects you. Drinking will probably be more fun for you if you decide to do that, but I'd also just be careful and be conscious of any adverse reactions you might start feeling if you do indulge in any recreational activities.

Hope this was helpful for you. Have fun and be safe. :)

seroquel

fairnymph said:
I wrote a FAQ on Antideppressants and Recreational Drugs that is in the Drug FAQ forum. That should cover all of your wellbutrin concerns.
As for seroquel, I do not know much about its interaction with recreational drugs, although since it acts on serotonin it is likely to interact with MDMA and LSD -- possibly bad, and almost certainly reducing the effects of the drugs.
Please be careful if you decide to combine seroquel and recreational drugs. If possible, skip your seroquel for a few days before and after getting high.

Seroquel is an anti-psychotic. It blocks most monoamines. Its similar to risperdal or thorrzine (althought not as much as thorzine). Some people find it recreational, especially those in prison who will pay high prices for it. It is a high sedative next to its anti psychotic properties. And as to the question how will it interact with most other drugs, well , it wlil usually stop most drugs right in their tracks. It blocks most of the receptors that are psychoactive. However, seroquel is a dangerous medicine as in it causes diabetes. Also it is addictive, and very expensive. Whoever said not to go over 100 is not correct. Ive been in rehab with people taking as little as 25 and as high as a gram (1000 mg). 1000 mg is the maximum allowed doseage. If I were you, I would get off the seroquel, but half a 25 wont harm you at all and most likely will help yoou sleep.
Wellbutrin, I was wondering about that myself. I have wellbutrin and wellbutrin sr, and have never taken any. Most anti depressants are ssri's (selective seratonin reuptake inhibitors), while Wellbutrin works on other receptors such as nor adrenaline and dopeamine. Its primarily a dopeamine reuptake inhibitor.
It works similarly to ritalin but not as powerful. I would guess to get a recreational dose, you would be in high danger. For wellbutrin lowers the seizure threshold significantly. If you wanna get high go for benzos, sedatives, psychoactive plants, and psychedelics. I hate anti - depressants, they dont know how they work yet (scientisits just guesstimate) and I am fearful to take them. I have tried several - remeron (mirtzapine) which i kind of liked because it helped me with my lucid dreaming - zoloft )sertraline ((I actually havent tried it yet because I dont know what it will do to me but I have an awful lot of it)), and trazadone which is more like a tricyclic antidepressant used for sleep, your liver metabolizes it into the piperazine mCPP. Google mCPP and you will find some recreational value to it.
If you want sleep, and cant get good drugs from your doctors, I always recommend diphenhydramine. Its a very comfortable over the counter drug. 50 mgs, lay in bed, and you start drifting to sleep in an opiate type manor. Also in higher doses you can hallucinate (mainly become delirius). I suggest reasing on that on erowid . org before doing it.
Good luck bud.
PS- If your doc prescribes it, for depression, i recommend you take it as prescribed. I had terrrible depression once and I took it for two days and my depression was gone. At least give it a try, dont worry about getting high. Being depressed is horrible and getting out of that black cloud will be a high in its own.
<3
sp0r

Wellbutrin is a terrible drug for me. It left me feeling fried all the time. I would never attempt a recreational dose, or even eat that terrible stuff again.

Seroquel is kind of fun, I have hallucinated a lot on it before. I have also almost fallen down stairs, fallen asleep standing up, and fallen asleep for 20 hours on it. Keep in mind this was not a recreational dose.

I always get a bad hangover from seroquel, and it makes me fall asleep, but not necessarily get any good quality sleep, so I can't recommend this one either.

One pill of seroquel was enough to knock me the fuck out, and I don't want to know what a recreational dose would do. Probably something along the lines of sleep and more sleep. Yay 8)

assembled said:
One pill of seroquel was enough to knock me the fuck out, and I don't want to know what a recreational dose would do. Probably something along the lines of sleep and more sleep. Yay 8)
you're right, sleep and more sleep - no recreational usage of seroquel, just useful for stopping other recreationals =D

ew i when i was in a rehab (for fucking weed) they gave me seroquel cause i couldn't sleep, but they KEPT giving it to me. After like 10-14 days of doing 100 mg at night i developed a SEVERE cold/flu (hadn't been sick in years, still havent since then despite heavy opiate/mdma use)....fuck seroquel

they don't have a recreational use, i was on them before they figured out i was adhd and not bipolar. I would get weird feelings while smoking herb, like i was about to have a seizure or something....it wasn't cool,
so be careful what you do with that stuff......

seroquel conspiracy

I have a feeling that there is some kind of conspiracy behind seroquel. Doctors over prescribe it, especially at unusually high doses (up to a gram). I have a feeling the dr's are getting paid to prescribe it. And I see it prescribed most often in institutions like rehab. The only time I like seroquel is when I am in rehab and cant get benzos or anything else. Id take vistaril over seroquel. Another conspiracy thought of mine is that since it is still in a newer stage compared to most meds, Dr's are prescribing it like candy to junkies and vagrants in rehabs and halfway houses to study its effects. Using people as guinea pigs. If you ever are told you have to take seroquel, you have a right to say "I dont have to take anything and I dont want any seroquel." The couple times I took it, I got extremely potent migraines and got very hungry. Im not partial to anti psychotics. Compazine is probably the only one. Good luck!

sp0r %)

hm my dude offered me some seroquel tonight. i just figured it made you pass out like all other anti-psychotics i've tried..then you wake up feeling like someone ran you over with a bus. zyprexa is one that made me hallucinate pretty badly. not in a oh woww dude i'm tripping! hahah kind of way but like wondering have i lost my mind? kind of way.

I used to be on Welbutrin, and what I did was very dangerous, looking back I probably should've had a seizure. Anyways I would crush up 150mg of buproprion and 10mg of methylphenidate(ritalin) and snort them together. Burned like hell but felt like coke for some reason. Idk why or how, I just no it worked. Anyways while on Welbutrin I used opiates, benzos, weed, coke, and psychedelics w/o problem but that doesn't mean its safe.

Best bet is probably not to fuck around too much with Welbutrin, but Seroquel is quite lovely for coke/meth comedowns. :)