• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Personal experiences w/Seroquel+"Wellbutrin" (Bupropion) and recreational drugs

i'm on both of these meds.
my experience: psychedelics are useless on seroquel (although i've only tried once and then didn't bother again, but that's what should have happened if you look at what seroquel does to the brain.)
dxm and wellbutrin is shit, you'll overheat and get spasms.
ritalin and adderall are far less euphoric on these meds.
gaba drugs are fine, but be careful, you'll get the shakes much easier if you overdo it (wellbutrin lowers seizure threshhold).
opiates, kratom, etc work fine.
salvia works normally.
marijuana works fine, maybe a little more paranoia though.
i'll edit more in if i can think of anything else.

edit: since writing this post i have found i can trip on seroquel (did lsa a bunch of times) although the effects are lowered.

Last edited:
hey , i've been on seroquel (25 mg in morning and 25 at night) for about 6 or 7 weeeks since i was in rehab to treat drug enduced psychosis and bi-polar .
i think snow white was asking about the effects of OTHER recreational drugs mixed with seroquel and wellbutrin , as opposed to the effects of seroquel and wellbutrin AS recreational drugs .
i am also curious as to what the effects of MDMA or any MD** would be if i were to continue my seroquel dosage without skipping anything out .
i dont know much about meds mixed with recreational drugs except that my friend on a 100mg dosage of effexor xr toook eccies with us one night and "smacked out" almost instantly , vommiting , overheating and what not , whereas the rest of us enjoyed ourselves as per usual . although she was small and had serotonin syndrom and was on a different medication and dosage to me this has made me nervous to roll while being medicated .
i do not want to skip out any of my seroquel as my anxiety goes through the roof when i do , so does anyone know what the worst/best that could happen out of rolling (MDMA caps or rollers) or tripping (microdots or tabs) or tweaking (base or meth) whilst on seroquel ? and if the effects are just dulled , would it help to take more ? or would that make you sick before it makes you fucked ?
i have read every reply but am still unsure as my comprehension skills are relatively pooor , sorry .
thanks for the info about psychedelics on sero treezy z ! but do know much about eccies , amphetamine or methamphetamine on seroquel ?
also , i do not think any kind of medications or recreational drugs "suck , period" as the effects and pros/cons varey from person to person . so i do not think a bias response like that is particularly helpful .
sorry if this was an inappropriate post , this is my first .
very good question snowwhite ! thank you !
- thanks guys , zipppaas

Last edited:
i take 300mg of seroquel at night for PTSD. i find it stuffs me up and i have a hard time breathing for a bit. so much so that i had to get out of bed and sit upright until it passed. i have taken it with methadone and had some trippy effects. including being spaced out and "waking up" in the middle of the room not knowing how long i was there or why. i don't get hang overs but i am retired from the military so i can sleep all i want. so that may be why. as for cost i have no idea because i get it from the VA. i was shot in iraq and they were giving me tramadol and switched it to methadone...which i hate. i am going to try and get back on dilaudid even if it is only 4mg 4x a day. that way i can shoot it. the methadone i can eat 300mg or more and it really does nothing to me. what a shame that is. it may be the seroquel or the effexor i am taking, i have no idea anyhow. i do know one thing my cocaine cravings are making me mad and the vivid seroquel dreams i have are all about shooting cocaine. i live in tampa but don't know anyone otherwise it would be VERY easy and cheap to get coke. up north in maine you pay 100 a g for crap coke, sometimes 80bucks but mixed with who knows what. anyhoo i just took 900mg of seroquel so i am going for a trip right now :)

I have a feeling that there is some kind of conspiracy behind seroquel. Doctors over prescribe it, especially at unusually high doses (up to a gram). I have a feeling the dr's are getting paid to prescribe it. And I see it prescribed most often in institutions like rehab. The only time I like seroquel is when I am in rehab and cant get benzos or anything else. Id take vistaril over seroquel. Another conspiracy thought of mine is that since it is still in a newer stage compared to most meds, Dr's are prescribing it like candy to junkies and vagrants in rehabs and halfway houses to study its effects. Using people as guinea pigs. If you ever are told you have to take seroquel, you have a right to say "I dont have to take anything and I dont want any seroquel." The couple times I took it, I got extremely potent migraines and got very hungry. Im not partial to anti psychotics. Compazine is probably the only one. Good luck!

sp0r %)

Man i could tottally see this, my doc electronically sent me a script of 90 to my pharm then gave me a grocey bag full of samples, i have like over two hundred now

sorry I can't recall dosages on the seroquel, but it stops mushrooms, acid, and ecstasy very well ime. Used to use it very regularly to stop candyflips (acid/mdma), I'd take it right when I was home and wanted the drugs to stop, I'd be passed out like 15 minutes later and get half decent sleep. Much preferred to benzos for this usage imo.

Could you elaborate a little and say what dose of Seroquel you used to end you candy flips and get to sleep please. Every now and then I have been the last party person still awake and just want to get some sleep like everyone else but it eludes me.

Apologies: just read your post properly and realised you already mentioned you couldn't recall the dose. I guess i got a bit too excited.

Last edited:
Seroquel is an anti-psychotic. It blocks most monoamines. Its similar to risperdal or thorrzine (althought not as much as thorzine). Some people find it recreational, especially those in prison who will pay high prices for it. It is a high sedative next to its anti psychotic properties. And as to the question how will it interact with most other drugs, well , it wlil usually stop most drugs right in their tracks. It blocks most of the receptors that are psychoactive. However, seroquel is a dangerous medicine as in it causes diabetes. Also it is addictive, and very expensive. Whoever said not to go over 100 is not correct. Ive been in rehab with people taking as little as 25 and as high as a gram (1000 mg). 1000 mg is the maximum allowed doseage. If I were you, I would get off the seroquel, but half a 25 wont harm you at all and most likely will help yoou sleep.
Wellbutrin, I was wondering about that myself. I have wellbutrin and wellbutrin sr, and have never taken any. Most anti depressants are ssri's (selective seratonin reuptake inhibitors), while Wellbutrin works on other receptors such as nor adrenaline and dopeamine. Its primarily a dopeamine reuptake inhibitor.
It works similarly to ritalin but not as powerful. I would guess to get a recreational dose, you would be in high danger. For wellbutrin lowers the seizure threshold significantly. If you wanna get high go for benzos, sedatives, psychoactive plants, and psychedelics. I hate anti - depressants, they dont know how they work yet (scientisits just guesstimate) and I am fearful to take them. I have tried several - remeron (mirtzapine) which i kind of liked because it helped me with my lucid dreaming - zoloft )sertraline ((I actually havent tried it yet because I dont know what it will do to me but I have an awful lot of it)), and trazadone which is more like a tricyclic antidepressant used for sleep, your liver metabolizes it into the piperazine mCPP. Google mCPP and you will find some recreational value to it.
If you want sleep, and cant get good drugs from your doctors, I always recommend diphenhydramine. Its a very comfortable over the counter drug. 50 mgs, lay in bed, and you start drifting to sleep in an opiate type manor. Also in higher doses you can hallucinate (mainly become delirius). I suggest reasing on that on erowid . org before doing it.
Good luck bud.
PS- If your doc prescribes it, for depression, i recommend you take it as prescribed. I had terrrible depression once and I took it for two days and my depression was gone. At least give it a try, dont worry about getting high. Being depressed is horrible and getting out of that black cloud will be a high in its own.
<3
sp0r

Actually it is sedating due to its affinity for the H1 receptor as an antagonist (technically an inverse agonist, the affinitry is ~30 nM).

To compare risperidone's affinity for the H1 receptor is 2.1 nM. (IME risperidone is very sedating at doses above .5mg, .25mg being minimal and only for a couple hours after dosing vs. .5mg+ (I have only been prescribed up to 1mg) being sedating the evening and about 3/4 the next day)

My buddy used to give me his seroquel 300xr's I didn't like them much. All they did was make me sleepy. I remember one night I took two of them and two boost bars while I was drunk and blacked out for the rest of the night. My buddy was prescribed two of those a day. But he would often tell me how he pops at least 1600mg at times. He takes them for bi polar and skitso. He seems fine today. Been doing it for years. Hell he does I riding his motercycle lol. But I guess he's used to it. But I was recently prescribed Wellbutrin to help me quit smoking. I also suffer from depression but my doctor does not know that. I take 100mg daily. I notice that I am in a better mood. I quit smoking but I don't think the meds helped much. I have some crazy experiences with anti depressants. Zoloft to be exact. My same friend gave me 850mg of it and a 300xp seroquel. Long story short I hallucinated for two days and nights. Went to sleep woke up in a dream land. Woke back up and thought I went back in time. Thought someone hacked into my phone and computer and was sending ppl messages making fun of them. I was tripping hardcore. Turns out I overdosed. I got lucky and just had a fun experience. Never again tho. For that fact I do not like anti depressants, and because they mess with you sexual functions. Although Wellbutrin is one of the least common anti depressants to cause sexual side effects I still would not have taken it if I knew it was an anti depressant. Best pill I ever did would have to be Xanax or oxys. I still rather smoke bud than anything. Hope this helped. I snorted 60mg of adderal so that's why I wrote so much. Hope it wasn't too random(;

Wow... a decade old thread!
But, its worth noting quetiapine is pretty much just a ballin 5HT2A and histamine H1 receptor antagonist at low doses.

Ugh I hate seroquel if u don't fall asleep (I use it as a sleep aid if absolutely necessary) it makes u feel like a zombie and all weird and spacey and it can give me rLS to rival that seen in my opioid WD s

But see here, I actually was diggin around the webs and found material in regards to snorting Welbut... I crushed up my tiny little half scored pill and sniffed away... Burning I finally managed two, one in each nostril... I rinsed and chewed one up eating it as well... All together 3, I believe 125 mg, and no shit, I had some major bruxism going on and had that weird pain but not pain in my teeth. Being gacked for probably 1 to 1 1/2 hours I wasnt able to get shit done unlike lysoamp, (Vyvanse) and inevitably was out of my welbut script within 5 days... Welbut is no bueno

I'll ask my questions in the beginning for people who dont want to read the long text: Does snorting wellbut affect the skin and blood vessels like injecting it does or does it just have a higher chance of giving you a seizure than taking it orally?
Also question number 2: has wellbut helped you perform better at work/school? My doctor prescribed it to me because I have ADHD and have a hard time trying to concentrate at school so I wanna know if it has the potential to actually help me.
Cheers!

Seroquel is hella strong, I once took 100mg of it at the peak of an acid trip to calm things down a little and ended up falling asleep instead, which is practically impossible in that situation.
As for wellbut, my doctor prescribed it as well today and as I usually do when dealing with potential high-inducing drugs that I know nothing about I came to the internet which is how I found this site, I took 600 mg orally about 6 hours ago, I've done amfetamine before but not cocaine, the high was what I imagine what a very weak cocaine high is, I didnt expect much when I took them but sure enough, in about half an hour I noticed that time was passing very slowly (I was listening to 3 minute song and at one point I thought that the song was on a loop for like the 10th time but it had never finished in the first place) I was also happier than usual and laughed a lot, the only weird part about it was that I had to take a shit every hour, all and all the high lasted for about 2-4 hours (I'm guessing, since I had no understanding of time during the high) definitely stronger than amfetamine, as soon as the high was over I thought of snorting it but since I have already taken 600 mg and I've read that some side effects (seizures and shit) might occur even 8 hours after inital use I'm deciding to do it tomorrow instead to be safe, I've read people expiriences with it and everybody has said that it's a very weak high or no high at all when snorting, it's probably because I havent done cocaine before so I havent got the expirience to compare it with but I was very satisfied with the high for something that is not recreational.

Wellies helped me perform better in school, i'd say. I have both snorted and slammed it, the latter was nothing special and the prior i actually really enjoyed. It is like really weak coke with a slow come down, IME. Not sure about the seizure question but i'd imagine it would decrease the threshold all the same.

I also used to be on 200mg seroquel, and that shit actually did me some good. I was so calm during the day that i had several really good relationships with women that lasted a good while