• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smoking cigs after smoking weed: Does it intensify/lesson the effects of weed?

I love putting tobacco in my joints, but since I don't buy smokes and I don't smoke them by themselves (unless I'm drunk) I don't often have any to put in. I don't like straight-pot joints, but they do the trick. I hate cigarettes. I smoked them for a few summers, and even bought packs. Paying money to for a slow death? Fuck that shit

lyXw33d said:
although I really doubt it'll 'intensify' the effects, literaly.

I get higher on 2 joints of 0.5 gr pot/0.5 gr tobacco then I get on a 1 gram pure joint. The high is more "stoned", the body-buzz is intensified. I'd call something like that a definite synergy.

I don't really notice much of a difference but then again I only smoke cigs after a jay if i have to go to work or some kinda event where stonedness is frowned upon lol.

Yeaaaa yall just hate menthol cuz you white. ;)

Its more of somethin to enjoy than giving a effect doe. I can say that pretty confident.

The same way you might liek to smoke a cigarette after a BANGIN meal with steak and all the trimmings and shit, or after sex. after smoking it just goes nice. I dont think people actually do it to get fucked up....but it can be a mental thing for if you way too high and need to go somewhere, a cigarette can give you that 'normal' mindframe again. like a prop to remind you to act sober lol.

i always light a cigarette when im high and get pulled over (as a passenger, never been pulled over high cuz i jsut got my license at age 19, went thru a LOT of shit and drama to get it, and after all that i aint tryina fuck that up by drivin high and bein shook when the cops talkin to me and fuckin myself over.) but anyways, the 'decrease-the-high" cigarette helps you focus on not just wandering around in your head, you got your Port, you cool.

Yeh, cigarettes, lighting them, holding them, smoking from them, is all about anxiety. You're nervous, so you pop out a cigarette like nail-biters chew their nails and dog-beaters beat their dogs. Or pumpkins pump their kin.

Er.... getting off track here.

Menthols are alright, but seriously, you can't even taste the tobacco, only this weird spicey mint gum flavour. I don't HATE them, but if cigarettes taste that good, I'll get addicted to those too easily... And yes, it's probably because I'm white :( I just don't have those sweet mint-loving genes :(

lacey k said:
Yeaaaa yall just hate menthol cuz you white. ;)

Its more of somethin to enjoy than giving a effect doe. I can say that pretty confident.

You aren't white?

But wait, lot's of people in this thread basically are saying that there is no such thing as getting effects from tobacco? We're on a fucking drugs site.. Noone bothered to search for some pharmacology lessons? Nicotine affects nicotinic acetylcholine receptors and it affects dopamine receptors INDEFINITELY. These effects synergize with THC's effects. It's not that hard to understand, is it?

i cant believe there are still people denying that tobacco enhances THC..do some research.

Blowmonkey said:
You aren't white?

But wait, lot's of people in this thread basically are saying that there is no such thing as getting effects from tobacco? We're on a fucking drugs site.. Noone bothered to search for some pharmacology lessons? Nicotine affects nicotinic acetylcholine receptors and it affects dopamine receptors INDEFINITELY. These effects synergize with THC's effects. It's not that hard to understand, is it?

Nah it was a joke.

remember the dave chappele skit....

"why do black people like menthol?"

'i dont know."

"CORRECT!!"

It seems like if you like menthol, you just like it, and thats just what it is. and you will never cross over. it dont matter what race you are. but i never seen a black dude smokin a red, shit.

it does seem like for some reason more white people prefer non menthol, but then again that could just be most white people on this site. i dont really get peoples opinions on it in real life LOL.

anyways....

i dont really care about the change in the high... i smoke a cig after herb because i <3 the taste.

lacey k said:
Nah it was a joke.

remember the dave chappele skit....

"why do black people like menthol?"

'i dont know."

"CORRECT!!"

It seems like if you like menthol, you just like it, and thats just what it is. and you will never cross over. it dont matter what race you are. but i never seen a black dude smokin a red, shit.

it does seem like for some reason more white people prefer non menthol, but then again that could just be most white people on this site. i dont really get peoples opinions on it in real life LOL.

anyways....

honestly..menthol was marketed to blacks originally. but it is a fact that they seem to like menthol much more than whites.

Approximately three of every four African American smokers prefer menthol cigarettes. Among whites, approximately a quarter of smokers prefer menthol cigarettes. Menthol may facilitate absorption of harmful cigarette smoke constituents.1

Source: http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/sgr/sgr_1998/sgr-min-fs-afr.htm

all drugs potentiate or effect each other in some way
smoking a cigarette after weed makes it more stimulating for me
hell isnt evrything better on weed!

drug_wench said:
all drugs potentiate or effect each other in some way
smoking a cigarette after weed makes it more stimulating for me
hell isnt evrything better on weed!

yes, but thats the point of the thread heh. not all drugs potentiate one another. the "effect" it could have might be negative, although in this case it isnt.

`bLow? said:
honestly..menthol was marketed to blacks originally. but it is a fact that they seem to like menthol much more than whites.

Source: http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/sgr/sgr_1998/sgr-min-fs-afr.htm

that shit about menthol making cancerous chemicals absorb more dont suprise me...We always used to say...if you gonna get cancer, do it with the best! the harshest, nastiest menthol you can get...NEWPORT BABY!!

Shit i guess i just dont like to do shit half-assed 8) ;)

I agree w/ drug wench doe....

lyXw33d said:
Actually, studies have shown that when quantities of thc are present within the 12-35 mg range, nicotine synergizes with the cannibinoid, multiplying the effects by (estimated) 1.52-1.72 times. Mhm.

Nah but I never got any "synergy" combining bud and tobacco, maybe an interesting buzz from the cigarette lasting a few minutes, but that's it. Of course any receptor stimulation while you're high creates interesting (pleasant?) sensations, although I really doubt it'll 'intensify' the effects, literaly.

Not that I doubt you, but can I see your source on those numbers?

Me and my buddies smoke alot of pot, and then probably about half an hour after we go out to the garage [Canadian Weather, folks.] for smokes.
Annnd then usually end up rolling a few more.

But yeah, we noticed it too, so we like to get our effects before we go out for smokes. Smoking cigs before, during AND after you smoke pot is great too.

I loooovvveee a Kool after a blizzy. aaahhhh yes!

*runs away to the car with a cd case and a Swisher*

I find that a cigarette after a bowl or a blunt or something really chills me out in that nice relaxed tobacco way, which is nice for reducing what little paranoia there is sometimes.

smoking after weed may make youfeel higher for a bit but it really dose change the original weed feeling and thats stupid so i dont smoke ciggs when i smoke weed.

dasani said:
Not that I doubt you, but can I see your source on those numbers?

Hehe nah I was joking when I said Actually, studies have shown that when quantities of thc are present within the 12-35 mg range, nicotine synergizes with the cannibinoid, multiplying the effects by (estimated) 1.52-1.72 times. Mhm.

So in case anyone else saw that, and didn't catch on, it was a joke to underline the absurdity of the claim that it 'multiplies' the high.

i cant believe there are still people denying that tobacco enhances THC..do some research.
I'd love to see some 'research' on nicotine and thc interaction that points to the 'synnergy.' You can find studies that show nicotine cravings are heightened when thc is administered (if you satisfy a crave on weed I'm guessing you'll feel good, some dopamine release, maybe that is what you're talking about).

If you're not a nicotine addict, however, you'll just experience the nicotine buzz that may normally nauseate you, but being high you only feel a strange euphoric buzz for a few seconds/minutes.

But that doesn't mean it potentiates the fuckin high.

Now if this discussion was about the interaction of alcohol and bud, that'd be something else :).

lyXw33d said:
If you're not a nicotine addict, however, you'll just experience the nicotine buzz that may normally nauseate you, but being high you only feel a strange euphoric buzz for a few seconds/minutes.

But that doesn't mean it potentiates the fuckin high.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh, yes, it does. Have you skipped over my reply? Know what the pharmacology behind nicotine is? I'll just sum it up right here:
As nicotine enters the body, it quickly gets distributed through the bloodstream and can cross the blood-brain barrier. On average it takes about seven seconds for the substance to reach the brain. It acts on the nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. In small concentrations it increases the activity of these receptors, among other things leading to an increased flow of adrenaline, a stimulating hormone. The release of adrenaline causes an increase in heart rate, blood pressure and respiration, as well as higher glucose levels in the blood. Cotinine is a break-down product of nicotine which remains in the blood for up to 48 hours and can be used as an indicator of a person's exposure to smoke. In high doses, nicotine will cause a depolarizing block of the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor, which is the reason for its toxicity and its effectiveness as an insecticide.

In addition, nicotine increases dopamine levels in the reward circuits of the brain. Studies have shown that smoking tobacco inhibits monoamine oxidase (MAO), an enzyme responsible for breaking down monoaminergic neurotransmitters such as dopamine, in the brain. It is currently believed that nicotine by itself does not inhibit the production of monoamine oxidase (MAO), but that other ingredients in inhaled tobacco smoke are believed to be responsible for this activity. In this way, it generates feelings of pleasure.

Now, tell me, are these effects non-existant or not? I think not. Do cannabis and nicotine cancel each other out? I think not. Now what do they do if they don't cancel each other out? They synergize. Congratulations.