• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

The most ghetto waterpark ever...anyone remember action park? read for a good laugh

Khadijah

Bluelight Crew
First off, i wanna know if anyone from the NJ/NY/Pa area remembers Action Park?

I know there gotta be someone who remembers, if not going to the park, at least the commercials for this shit. It was the most ghetto-ass, dangerous, injury-creating amusement park that the east coast has ever known, i swear.

I went once when i was a little kid. i always wanted to go but we couldn't afford it. But somehow we got 2 tickets, i think someone at my dads work got tickets but couldnt use them. The day the tickets were for, it was raining, but we went anyways cuz we wouldnt have another chance to go, LOL.

Anyways, even as a kid i knew it wasnt quite up to standards. First of all, there was hardly anyone there that wasnt from new york city, paterson, newark, irvington, or whatever ghetto around the area you choose. so NO ONE COULD FUCKING SWIM, lol. they would just hop on the bus up here and jump in the wave pool and flap they arms like I CANT SWIIIIIM!!! The Wave Pool was also known as The Grave Pool, 2 people actually died in it. but people kept swimming in it anyways. it wasnt registered as a "ride" either, just as a "pool" so the only regulations the state had on it was that the water had to be clean and there was lifeguards. no other safety precautions for a 12 foot deep, 250-foot wide pool creating 3-foot waves that held 500-1,000 people AT A TIME.

Beer and alcohol were allowed and sold in the park, so there was plenty of drunk people falling off the rides. Nobody really gave a shit. There was at least 4 or 5 deaths that i know of but Action Park got in trouble for not reporting accidents so there could be more.

I wont talk about shit too much, because there is a FUNNY-ASS article in Weird New Jersey about it that says shit much better than i could, the shit had me cracking the fuck up because i remember it, and its SO TRUE, but anyone can appreciate it and be thankful you had NICE waterparks as a kid.

There was several people who contributed to the article so youll see a couple different accounts of the same rides. its fuckin hilarious. If you dont wanna read the whole thing, just post what you remember about this place, it really was one for the books. aint nothing like that anymore.

"Revisiting Traction Park"

Most kids growing up know at least one person who died in a car accident. but if you grew up where iI did, you know of at least one person who was seriously injured at Action Park.

There is a quaint little ski resort in northern NJ called Mountain Creek. When I was growing up, it was known as Vernon Valley/Great Gorge. Every winter our parents would take us to this "luxurious" ski resort for hours of fun on a small new jersey mountain covered with man made snow. And, every spring, the snow would melt and vernon valley would reveal its wondrous summer alias, Action Park.

Action park was THE water park of northern new jersey. It was also a haven for injury, death, and blood - not because of some haunted power, but because it was built by idiots with no regard for safety. Now, we all had water parks growing up, wild water kingdom at dorney park, or wet n wild, or six flag's sister water parks. They were gleaming summer magical lands, with wave pools, new cement walkways, gift shops, and a lingering smell of chlorine.

Now, imagine, if you will, one of those parks. Then, imagine that it was blown up by a small explosion leaving behind nothing but dirt, some poison ivy, and several broken parts of water slides. Throw in a "staff" of 16 year old stoners, a few water slides with names like "Kamikaze", and a mass of unknowing patrons who think that surely SOME safety board must have approved this place, and theres your Action Park.

When you entered action park, there were three things that immediately got your attention.

The first was the Alpine Slide, one of the only non-water rides in the park. You'd get on a low plastic seat with wheels and a bar for "steering." Then they'd put you on a long, cracked downhill race track and send you on your way. No helmets. No brakes, none that worked anyway. No warnings about the fact that a misplaced hand could result in a chopped off finger. No stopping the crazy kid behind you from smacking into the back of your head. What fun! They actually had the audacity to have a "slow" lane and a "fast" lane. They should have been called the "injured" lane and 'dead' lane.

The second thing to catch your eye was the abandoned slide. At one point, some ingenious water park designer (who I'm sure went to some prestigious university to study this art) decided that it would be a GREAT idea to make a water slide that resembled a toy race car track. So, action park built an enclosed water slide (like a tube) that followed all sorts of twists and turns, and then, just for fun, did a complete loop...like a ROLLER COASTER loop. Upside down!

Let me remind you that the riders of this would not be in a car, not on a train, not on anything but water, water that would, with the help of gravity and magic, supposedly propel them through a narrow tube that loops completely upside down. Needless to say, it wasn't long before some woman got caught in the top of the loop. The ride was closed, and just as a morbid reminder, the loop was left intact and on display for all to see.

There was however, a physics defying ride that the park chose to keep open, one that I proudly experienced firsthand. It was a cluster of four or five short, fast water slides that ended by shooting you out into a lake. Various kids would fly out at various times, landing on each other or on some misplaced sharp rock. One of these vigorous "shoots" was particularly intriguing, as it would suck you in and them immediately make an abrupt 90 degree turn. Not a 45 degree turn. Not even a nice, slow, smooth, curvy 90 degree turn. No. It would literally slam you into a wall and then project your young, gnarled body into a gooey pond of crying kids and water snakes. It was awesome.

Finally, the third thing was the ubiquitous "first aid cart." Kind of like a golf cart, piloted by two zitty teens wearing oversized EMT t-shirts, the cart would inevitably be seen looping throught the trails, grass, and little forests that surrounded the park. But when you saw it, you wouldn't see a kid with a scraped knee. You'd see a kid holding a blood-soaked towel on a huge head wound. You'd see a gash the size of a Big Gulp on someones leg. Blood, blood, blood. All I remember was blood. All for under 25 bucks a person.

We didnt have much in that area. It was very rural, a pretty part of new jersey really. And the area really didnt have the money to build a nice, safe water park. But why let that stop them? Wasnt it all for the children?

The Alpine Slide was responsible for "more accidents, the majority of the lawsuits, and 40 percent of the citations against the park" according the the local newspaper. The Alpine Slide concept was simple enough: you sat on a sled and descended down concrete tracks using a hand brake to control your speed, either slowly, or at a speed described by a park employee as "death awaits."

If you were lucky, your injury would consist of some lost skin, but lose control of your cart on the Alpine Slide and it would simply crash through the hay bale barriers, your body subject to the laws of gravity and hillside rocks. At least 14 fractures and 26 head injuries from the slide were reported between 1984 and 1985. The slide was also responsible for the death of a 19 year old park employee in 1980.

The Kayak Ride, which allowed people to paddle tiny boats through whitewater, was never very successful because it was short and the kayaks would get stuck. It was particularly unlucky for one 27 year old man from Long Island during the summer of 1982. He fell or got out of his kayak, and in the process of trying to get it back, he stepped near an exposed wire that was under water. He was taken to a nearby hospital in New York State, where he was pronounced dead. Two of his family members were also electrocuted but lived.

There was another ride called Roaring Rapids, where several people could ride a "whitewater" raft. Roaring Rapids, according to Action Park's accident reports of 1984, caused injuries such as "fractured femurs, collar bones and noses, and disloacted shoulders and knees."

There were also the "Super Speedboats", gas powered speedboats that could go up to 35-40 MPH but were treated like bumper boats by the park employees. They were also set up in a swamp, in the middle of which was a small, rocky island populated by an uneasy alliance of watersnakes and lifeguards.

One day, two park attendees were driving their boats into each other when they crashed. One of the boats flipped over, and the driver was strapped in and stuck underneath the water. The lifeguard had to dive into the swamp, where he reported he was followed by all the snakes that had been keeping him company that day. He flipped the boat over and promptly ripped the wristband off the soggy driver, who may have been too drunk or high on crack to even realize what had just happened to him.

You may have noticed a certain youthful quality about the employees at Action Park. Maybe a certain resemblance to the cast of Lord of the Flies. You would be right.

It was hard to find an employee over 30 in the park. It was truly a teen-run show, and it manifested itself in many ways, from ride attendants willlfully ripping off the wristbands of patrons who misbehaved, to the staff knowing all the places where one coudl get stoned/drunk and hide from supervisors. Action Park got in trouble for letting underage employees run rides too, so chances are, your personal safety may at one point have been in the hands of a 14 year old tripping on acid.

In 1985, the previous year's reported accidents were over 110, including 46 head injuries and 10 fractures. And it is important to stress 'reported' because the park got in a lot of trouble with the state for not reporting accidents.

In all my years growing up in new jersey, I only went to Action Park once. My parents opted for the farther away, but definately safer, six flags great adventure for our amusement park needs.

Keep in mind, my parents knew all the stories about great adventure. The confirmed deaths in the haunted house fire. The alleged ability the Lightning Loops had to snap necks in its backwards mode. And the grisly statewide legend about the girl who got her scalp torn off when her hair was caught in the gears of the Free Fall. Yes, my parents knew, and believed, all these things about great adventure, and still, they chose it over Action Park in terms of safety.

Upon entering the park, we saw a waterslide, an enclosed green tube, that went in a full loop de loop. Even as a 12 year old, I understood how physics would not allow anyone to come out of that tube with anything but mangled, broken limbs.

There was also a cliff jumping attraction at Action Park. I remember this because divers would jump into a pool that was used by anyone, not just those who had previously cliff-dived. So, many people thought that they were just going swimming, and had no idea that human bodies would be flying at them from 30 feet high in the sky. There was exactly ONE lifeguard in this situation, who was occupied 100% of the time tending to those who smashed into each other during these high-dive collisions.

But my most personally terrifying experience was on a slide called the "Cannonball."
When I went on this slide, I was at the top of a hill. It seemed normal. There was no warning that halfway down the ride, I would be shot into a pitch black tube. This was incredibly daunting.

It became even worse when the tube opened back up only when it emerged sticking out of the face of a cliff. The slide sent unsuspecting riders shooting out of a cliff face some two stories about the water with abosultely no warning. It was just high enough that you had time to think and panic about your situation. Rider after rider, myself included, would scream in terror before hitting the surface of the slimy green water with a sickening slap.

After this, the victims of the ride would gather at the waters edge to watch others suffer the same fate. It was like all the victims of a car wreck gathering at dead mans curve to watch the next car smash into the median.

Action Park was a true rite or passage for any new jersey kid of my generation. When I get to talking about it with other jerseyans, we share stories as if we are veterans who served in combat together. I suspect that many of us may have come closest to death on some of those rides up in vernon valley. I consider it a true shame that future generations will never know the terror of proving their true grit at new jerseys most dangerous water park.

the end.

Some shit aint it?

I remember the cannonball slide, it scared the shit out of me as a kid, and its completely true, you had no idea that you were gonna get shot outta a waterslide fuckin 15 feet in the air into a pool. I was like 7. When I finally landed and recovered from that shock I was crying, and I asked the lifegard to help me find my dad cuz he had went on one of the other 5 slides and im this little ass kid in this huge pool of peopel shooting out of waterslides and none of them is my dad. He just told me to get out of the pool and get outta the way and ignored me. LOL.

The alpine slide was great too. basicall they needed some way to use the ski slopes in the summer, so they made kinda a luge track, out of cement, that you got on these shitty little plastic carts and rode all the way DOWN THE SKI SLOPE. the brakes didnt work. there was like 50 other people all FLYING down the thing at the same time so you HAD to go fast so you didnt get rammed in the back by the person behind you. i was scared shitless of that one too. me and my dad fell off at the end but didnt really get hurt.

Anyways, Its Mountain Creek now, a family friendly, rich-people-oriented water park and ski resort, all snooty, tryina be the next Aspen Colorado, but i will always remember when it was lil old ghetto-ass Action Park.

haha that was the funniest thing i ever read

it took me about 30 mins to read cuz i was that high but omg i laughed till i was coughing hysterically

^^i know i was almost in tears when i read it the first time. its so funny because every single word of it is true. its hard to belive that they could actually stay in business for 20 YEARS but they didnt close til 1997. you shoulda been there.

God it's funny. I remember all that stuff. I still liked that place and we went back a bunch of times. The wave pool was scary cuz your parents would figure you were safe there and leave you alone, but if you got near the deep end not only could you not stand, but it constantly tossed you into other (usually bigger) people and you'd go under a lot. I was always mad I couldn't go on any of the motorworld rides like the big gokarts because I was always too short. The tennis ball tanks were amusing to watch though.

lol :D

the next time someone complains about our society being too litigious i'll show them this thread.

I have a friend/coworker who worked there and had a whole bunch of friends who worked there. He told me, back in te day, they would steal shirts and give them to friends to get in for free. One time, someone got really hurt and they (my friend's friends) were called over to help--obviously, they were very, very wasted and unable to help.

He also told me this other story about one friend who was working on making this one ride that was a sort of bobsled...he was a highschool kid, but responsible for testing the jumps, etc....(which just goes to show how fucked up and poorly run the place must have been)...in any case, the ride was sooo dangerous (not sure if it even ever opened) but he did go on one test ride and ended up breaking his neck (though lived and got a nice settlement).

Isn't it a ski park now? I was there a year ago...

swybs

I just knew my husband had visited this place after i read it. He is from LI and told me a long time ago aboout this really crappy water park that his family visited. While reading it (between laughing breaks) i called over my shoulder to him "honey have you ever been to Action Park? " his reply was "yeah that's where i got my head bashed open so badly we had to leave the park".

I almost fell out of one of those big swinging boats as kid , my friend dads held me by the legs

now i hate any kind of theme park with a passion

LMFAO!!!!

Ohh god it is so great to hear other peoples expereicnes of this shit too. im laughin out loud as i type this.

I just knew my husband had visited this place after i read it. He is from LI and told me a long time ago aboout this really crappy water park that his family visited. While reading it (between laughing breaks) i called over my shoulder to him "honey have you ever been to Action Park? " his reply was "yeah that's where i got my head bashed open so badly we had to leave the park".

FUCKIN CLASSIC!!!

It was a fuckin disaster area, truth. peopel could cut in line, people could get off the rides and get back on (alpine slide, if someone was going too slow, you could GET UP OFF THE TRACK, walk along side it with your cart, and then GET BACK ON further down. like passing the slowass in the fast lane.) No one stopped you. no one said shit. no one even raised a eyebrow. they DID.NOT.CARE. lol.

Thank god there was no rollercoasters there.

The water too, was all gross.

Like LAKE WATER.

I swear, the shit was like being in a lake not a pool on half the rides. there was like algae and grass and dirt in the water, at the bottom of the slides it was like murky green skanky pond water lol. i do not wanna know what was in there, but the watersnakes part was true too.

there was garbage all over, everyone was drunk, people fighting, jumping over barricades and shit, and that was all just everyday run of the mill Action Park for ya.

Keep em comin peeps :D

oh man, the last time i was there i was about 12 or 13. i slipped off the top of the cliff dive and landed in the water doing a full on belly flop. it was so loud and hurt so much

good times!

I've got my battle wounds from that dump. 14 stitches above my lip from the alpine slide. Ahh, the memories.8( NY

In CT we had something similar, although not nearly as dangerous. There were the 3 shoots that ended in the pond. one of which was pitch black on purpose. I didn't go until (free tickets accurately) I was in high school so I could handle myself but I Still hit my head numerous times going down it.
But as a kid it still was known for the shadyness and numerous friends had their dangerous encounters there. A few people died in the pond from drowning and I believe they had to shut it down because of bacteria as well. In the lake, the water was black and you couldn't see the bottom. One person that drown it took 24 hours to find them. (I think, if I remembering correctly) I know the place was known for its danger. But this Action Park (how creative a name is that?) dwaves it. Damn, it sounds like the excitement of what injury you were going to have beats the fun of the rides.

and really a complete loop on a water slide?

For your viewing pleasure.....

HERE IT IS!!!!

loopin.jpg

yea, that TOTALLLLLY was a great idea!!!

from about.com....

When it opened in 1976, Mountain Creek was known as Action Park. About the same vintage as pioneers River Country at Walt Disney World and Orlando's Wet 'n Wild, Action Park was one of the industry's first water parks. With hundreds of water parks worldwide, the industry has since matured. Most parks now get their rides from a handful of manufacturers and tend to be cookie-cutter imitations. But with no prototype, Action Park's developers had to make it up as they went along.

That led to some tragic missteps when a series of fatalities occurred at the park in the 1980s. It's not surprising that its new owner changed the park's name in 1998 (even if it obliquely conjures its origins through its advertising slogans). The most notorious rides are gone, but echoes of the distinctive water park remain.

Yea, ,they had to "make it up as they went along!!"

A GREAT way to design a waterpark! shit, lets just,......wing it!! LMAO!

In Memoriam: Action Park
BY MATTHEW CALLAN
11.22.2000 | CULTURE

This past summer, Action Park, a water park in the hills of northern New Jersey, reopened with new owners and a new name—Mountain Creek—after a year of inactivity. The new owners insisted that Mountain Creek was safe and fun for the whole family. Many applauded this event. I, however, wept a silent tear, for an institution from my youth that toughened many a kid was no more.

Action Park must have been designed by a Specially Assembled Council of Terrible Ideas. Part of its attraction was not knowing if you would leave the joint alive. Nearly every July, someone would drown in the wave pool or be killed in a freak go-kart accident.

Action Park was less a water park and more a complete insult to the evolutionary concept of self-preservation. And yet, despite all the danger, we kids kept going back, tempting fate like Russian-roulette-players.

Action Park's character was defined by the fact that it was situated on the side of Mount Vernon. Not only was it impossibly hilly, it was set almost entirely on concrete and asphalt. So while you shuffled up a 45-degree incline from one whiplash-inducing water slide to the next, you ran barefoot over sole-scorching surfaces and hoped a sudden spurt of friction didn't send your toes crunching under your own feet. And God help you if you were going downhill and there wasn't a bale of hay or little girl to slow your roll.

No amusement park that exists today is as labor intensive as Action Park was. About half of its rides forced the participants to get their own tube or sled at the bottom of a hill from the hands of dazed folks who had just completed their run.

This was not easy to do, because the people who had just finished their ride would stumble off in a blind stupor, completely confused and not assured of their place in the universe. Once you got the required equipment, you then had to haul it up several hundred vertical feet to the starting point. You could come home from Action Park having lost 10 pounds of sweat.

The very first ride you saw when you entered Action Park involved a sled and a ramp of metal rollers. You slid down on your sled across the metal rollers, reaching speeds of roughly 300 miles an hour, and skipped thirty feet across the surface of a very shallow pool.

The metal-roller ramps had no guardrails on them, so there was always a possibility that you would veer off to the side and fall very quickly into two feet of water. And since there were four metal-roller ramps emptying into this pool in tandem, snarls of sled collisions were constantly occurring, making it look like the Cross Bronx Expressway on a Friday night.

The Colorado River Ride was a water slide involving huge inner tubes that could fit seven people. It tried to approximate a mountain rapid, with lots of bumps and obstacles and so forth. But the most dangerous part of it was the fact that the borders that kept the tubes on the course were criminally short. And just off to the side of the Colorado River Ride was a steep tree-and-pricker-bush-lined hill.

It was the perfect demonstration of the Action Park philosophy: Put seven people in a large inner tube, push them down a wet slide, and let the laws of physics handle the rest. People would gather around to watch folks scream their way down, cheering and hoping that a tube would hop the barrier and go careening down the side of the hill. When a large family would come close to flying away, the whole crowd would gasp and then sigh in disappointment, like the audience at the Indy 500 when the Tide car just narrowly misses hitting the Pepsi car and exploding in a beautiful orange ball of flame.

There was an underground slide called the Cannonball, that in theory was supposed to send you hurtling through a tube and into a vat of freezing cold swamp water (for some reason, small portions of Action Park were constructed to involve pools of natural standing water, which were little more than love nests for fungi). In practice, however, the Cannonball usually had too much friction to launch you out into the water like it should have.

I found this out the hard way, when I rode it and found myself losing momentum slowly until I came to a complete stop just at the end of the tube. As I sat at the end with my feet dangling ten feet off the surface of the swamp water, I heard the screams of the person behind me getting closer and closer. I quickly hopped my ass off to the side, narrowly escaping being punted in the spine.

Action Park made a valiant stab at appealing to the non-death-loving, but failed miserably. It had an oasis-type area, which was a fake palm tree-lined pool with a concrete beach, where more skittish visitors could splash and romp in peace and quiet. However, situated right above this oasis-type-area was a twenty-foot cliff that people were allowed to dive off of.

This configuration endangered both the brave and non-brave alike, since at any moment someone could missile themselves off the crevasse and land on an 8-year-old's head. What is even more amazing is that the cliff above the oasis-type area used to have a water slide. So just in case jumping off a cliff wasn't insane enough for you, you could be launched at turbo speed, tilt ass over tea kettle, and break your skull landing on jagged rocks. Yes, with typical Action Park-logic, the oasis-type area had lots and lots of jagged rocks.

One feature of Action Park, more than any other, indicated that the owners of the place were not merely stupid, but probably homicidal maniacs. For years, situated tantalizingly far away from most of the water park, was an unfinished water slide. This slide consisted of a tube that started a good fifty feet in the air, and turned itself into a 360-degree loop before continuing its descent. Any sane mind would consider the flexibility of the human body, crumple up their blueprints, and start all over. Not Action Park.

Not only did they conceive of such a class action lawsuit-magnet, but they went as far as to start building it. It was never completed to the point where a pool was constructed to catch the people who would spill out of the end of the monstrosity. I'm not convinced that they ever would have built a pool, either, because anyone who would have gone through it would have had their necks snapped long before they emerged from this death trap.

So why was Action Park so popular? Many people—lily-livered parents, mostly—think that children are fragile, tissue-paper stick figures who must be kept in bubbles at all times, lest this harsh world tear them asunder. The truth that no one wants to admit is that kids love risking their lives, because it is inconceivable to them that they might die. Plus, there is something in the soul of every kid that wants to get tossed around, beaten up, and ripped to shreds. After all, being a kid is not fun.

You get told what to do all the time, usually for no other reason than adults are allowed to tell you what to do. You need to do something to make you feel big and bad ass, and smacking your fellow kids around and getting smacked around (good naturedly, of course) is sometimes the best way to do it. Most kids are tough, and the ones that ain't get tough pretty quick once they start getting hurt. I defy anyone who actually remembers being a kid to prove me wrong.

Case in point: When I was about 10 years old, I fell off the Alpine Slide at Action Park (for the unfamiliar, an Alpine Slide is a concrete track you go down riding a plastic sled with very slick wheels and a completely ineffective brake). While going down the hill, all of a sudden I noticed that the sled that used to be under me was rambling down the grass to my left. For some reason, I had no modesty this day and had decided to attack the Alpine Slide shirtless. So lacking a sled, I slid down the concrete on my shoulder until my scraped-up skin stopped my momentum.

And you know what? I got up, dusted myself off, and picked up my sled so I could ride the rest of the way down. That four-inch-diameter open wound on my shoulder? Just a scratch. I walked it off like a kid. Not like a man, because a man would cry and whimper and tug at his white hat like a security blanket. I still have a huge scar on my right shoulder from this incident, and I wear it proudly, as I'm sure all the veterans of Action Park do.

Action Park was done in by its own love of danger. After the millionth fused vertebrae, no reputable insurance agent in the world would dare cover the place anymore. The gates stayed closed for an entire season, while the owners looked for someone to bail them out of bankruptcy. For once, firecrackers outpaced inner tube rides as the leading cause of summertime injury in the area. Then, new proprietors opened Mountain Creek in its stead, a pale imitation of the old Bataan Death Park.

I regret that, if I have children some day, I won't be able to toughen them up by taking them to that hallowed battle ground. Nothing acquaints a person with the harshness of reality faster than zooming down a water slide, laying on your stomach on a 10-millimeter-thick foam mat, accelerating to Mach 5, and hitting two inches of slimy liquid. Action Park made adults of a generation of Tri-State Area kids who strolled through its blood-stained gates, by teaching us the truth about life: it is not safe, you will get hurt a lot, and you'll ride all the way home burnt beyond belief.

I cannot believe a place like that existed. Holy crap! LOL

More pictures! :D

Aight, heres another one of the cannonball

attachment.php

See? it looks like a fuckin BACKYARD SLIP N SLIDE!!!

this is a photo of *A* alpine slide apparently ours wasnt the only one. this aint THE alpine slide, because that is long gone, but this is just a example of what it was like.

the only difference is, in OUR action park, the concrete was cracked, busted, had grass growing in the holes, AND was NOTHING NEAR as deep. meaning, the curve of the one in the photo is more like a halfpipe, when the one at real action park was like ( a parentheses, if you turned it on its side. totally shallow, almost fuckin flat. the one in the pic is like a nice, deep, cradle. hahaha, nothin like that at Traction park.and dont forget, under NO circumstances can the brake work!

slide.jpg

heres the bumper boats circa 1985

action_chet.jpg

i wish i could find more, i will hunt for em, i know i can find some good ones in time.

And just to add to the truth of all this:

You know you're from NEW JERSEY if:

1. You've been seriously injured at Action Park.
2. You don't think of citrus when people mention "The Oranges".
3. You know that it's called Great Adventure, not Six Flags.
4. You've ordered a hard roll with butter for breakfast.....

and so on....

but whats NUMBER ONE on that list? hmm? LMAO.

And, here is "The Unofficial History Of Action Park" recorded by a NJ blog ring

http://gregggethard.blogspot.com/2005/07/action-park-worlds-most-threatening.html

yea..peep the link title...lol...

I remember Action Park!! I thought the Alpine Slide was amazing, I also remember the cliff jumping )looked scary to me as a kids so I never did it) and the Roaring Rapids. Hahaha OMG this was great!

I like the cement tubes where you fly down with out pads. That screams danger. And that loop looks unreal. Like you look at it and just think that can't legally exist. The loop even looks to small for a person to possibly come out intact. That place seems like something out of Hunter S. Thompson. I would atleas thave loved to hear him describe it.