• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

The most ghetto waterpark ever...anyone remember action park? read for a good laugh

wow, i never even heard of action park. probably a good thing :D

TriXee where did you find that pic? i had a hard ass time diggin up even the ones i did find. i would love to see more pics of back in the day, i remember it, but i was young as hell, i wish i had took pics of when i was there. it wasnt lookin too bad in the 80s, but by the time i went in the mid 90s, when it was at the tail end before collapsing into lawsuit induced bankruptcy, shit was lookin pretty shanty.

i was talkin to my dad about it yesterday askin what he remembered and we were both laughin at the fact that rides were just like...wherever the hell....like some giant in the sky had a handful of water rides that he just threw down onto the mountiain and left there scattered wherever the hell they landed. shit was just like....hey...ride! grass...ride! ride.......huge open space of nothing...ride......walkway...walkway...ride....no order to it or anything just shit placed totally random. LOL good times.

And Sylvan (lol almost called u slyvan like your SN used to be) it would be hilarious to read a HST account of the place, thats true. it does seem too fucked up to be true dont it LOL

That thing with the loop is a waterslide? That sounds fun as hell!
How fast do you have to fucking go for a loop? Do you get trapped if you don't make it? lol

Lacey I just googled it, that was the only pic I found though that you haven't posted yet. I wish I could see more too, I was really young when I went also.

goatofthenever said:
That thing with the loop is a waterslide? That sounds fun as hell!
How fast do you have to fucking go for a loop? Do you get trapped if you don't make it? lol

^^Dawg, they created a fuckin trap door in the top of the loop because people were getting stuck in it!! that was how they had to get em out!

some people SAY that no one ever rode it, but i can tell you, some people DID ride it. i read many accounts of people who did get to go on it, and when i went there, it was closed, but not closed as in out of order, closed as in, you cant ride today. but someday, somehow, maybe if your timing is right you might get a chance.

it was closed like 99% of the time then some random glorious day they would open it and let people ride and get stuck. fat people werent allowed either cuz they would get stuck in the loop too! LOL

I called my pops and asked if he ever took me there (I remember many random amusment/water parks as a babe.)

He said "I wasn't going to take my little girl to that goddamn deathtrap!" He seemed pissed, like I had somehow insulted his parenting abilities by asking if he had ever taken me to action park lol.

The water snakes are what get me about this. The other rides can be bull shitted away as being safe or "Safe-enough" but I would think the water snakes would have people throwing in the towel. Luckily, water moccasin's don't come that far north.

nwater03.jpg

Northern%20Water%20Snake%20-%20Stolz,%20Gary%20M%20-%20USFWS.JPG

And what about snapping turtles? I have seen a huge one in a small public lake in CT, just under the surface of the water and I still remember it because of the fear it evoked in me, and that was at least ten years ago.

Cserpentinadawn1.jpg

*Venus* said:
I called my pops and asked if he ever took me there (I remember many random amusment/water parks as a babe.)

He said "I wasn't going to take my little girl to that goddamn deathtrap!" He seemed pissed, like I had somehow insulted his parenting abilities by asking if he had ever taken me to action park lol.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!! LMFAO....thats some funny shit.

And slyvan....im sure there was much worse than watersnakes floating around in those crappy Motorworld lakes 8o

Snakes and animals won't stop people. I went to a waterpark in virginia once and had to wait for the workers to kill a snake before anyone could ride.

i went there once, and now that i think about it...it was a pretty messed up place.

I remember one ride where you sat in an inner tube/boat thing and rode it through a tunnel - at very high speeds. For some reason they felt the need to put lights in there, and i almost cracked my head on one "speed/dennis hopper style" going about 30mph. Heh.

TGO said:
i went there once, and now that i think about it...it was a pretty messed up place.

I remember one ride where you sat in an inner tube/boat thing and rode it through a tunnel - at very high speeds. For some reason they felt the need to put lights in there, and i almost cracked my head on one "speed/dennis hopper style" going about 30mph. Heh.

Well it wouldnt be action park if you went at safe, normal speeds, shit! :D

ROFLMAO!!!

This has to go to the archive!

More first-person accounts, please!

^^You like that "Then, new proprietors opened Mountain Creek in its stead, a pale imitation of the old Bataan Death Park " dont ya?

LOL me too.

I wish i could tell ya more but my stories is already told...but i can prolly find more hilarious ass accounts for yall....

I remember Action Park as a kid. I went there once and only once. I almost died on every single ride and got chased by a water snake. That place was a deathtrap. I've seen a fat kid jump off that cliff and land on some other kid. Not cool. And I also saw some dude fall out on that rapids ride and eat rock and get the shit knocked out of him by boats and rafts before he got to the end half dead. I actually shudder thinking about that place because its was such a dice roll on life or death.

And that wave pool.... I scraped my foot on the bottom of that disease lagoon and ended up with an infected foot days later. It was like fuckin trench foot or something. I was lucky I got to the doc and was put on antibiotics other wise that shit would have been amputated.

And I forget which ride it was but I came down that slide so fucking fast I skidded on the water, flipped, and the speed of me going and the way I landed with the water I totally almost ended up not being able to have kids. I crawled out and just lied down on the pavement for a bit, balls aching until the golf cart ambulance came and some long haired kid was all like "Whoa bro, we got a wipe out!" on his walkie talkie. Thats when I told my uncle I had enough and went home.

ClubbinGuido said:
And that wave pool.... I scraped my foot on the bottom of that disease lagoon and ended up with an infected foot days later. It was like fuckin trench foot or something. I was lucky I got to the doc and was put on antibiotics other wise that shit would have been amputated.

And I forget which ride it was but I came down that slide so fucking fast I skidded on the water, flipped, and the speed of me going and the way I landed with the water I totally almost ended up not being able to have kids. I crawled out and just lied down on the pavement for a bit, balls aching until the golf cart ambulance came and some long haired kid was all like "Whoa bro, we got a wipe out!" on his walkie talkie. Thats when I told my uncle I had enough and went home.

LMAO @ Disease Lagoon! so fuckin tru!

Yea yo i dont wanna know waht the fuck was in that pool doe....with a thousand ppl in it at once, times that by 12 hours, add in a huge number of kids under age 5......it was the fuckin Pee-Pee Pool i swear to god..lol

all i know is the shit seemed like it was 50000 miles long when i was a little kid.

Whoa duuuuude! LIke, totaly a wipeout and shit! God im so drunk right now! Get the bandaids! and take his wristband too!

My moms was tellin me back in the day when we first moved up here she would be talkin to the other moms and they would be talkin bout how their niece or son or whatever worked at Action Park...and then tell about some grimey shit that happened there with a injury or death or somethin....And my moms would be like "Damn, I didnt hear about that on the news or in the paper or nothing' and the other bitch would look at her with this "dun dun dunnnnnnn" look on her face and be like "Oh, you wont."

LOL....i found some accident reports on rideaccidents/com or some shit like that but they were all mixed in with deahts from other states and i didnt feel like sortin thru em...