Please Take My School Survey on Substance Use: Opportunity to win $50 4 Participation

UMD GradStudent

Bluelighter
Would you guys be open to my posting a request for help with my survey for school. Don't want to SPAM u all so thought I'd ask first :)

Thanks,
Kira

Can we get some more info on this please?

Then we can go ahead and decide if we keep it here or close it.

OK, here it is :)

Even if you choose not to keep it posted, any feedback you have would be greatly appreciated. I'm new here :)

Thanks,
Kira

Here's my survey, please let me know what ya think :)

My name is Kira and I'm a graduate student at the University of Maryland, College Park. I am looking for participants to complete a survey for my research study. Please take a look below for a brief description. If you happen to have any ideas for where else I could recruit participants, I would greatly appreciate your help :)

If you would like to participate in my survey, please click on this link:
http://cgi.umd.edu/survey/display?UMD/SURVEY

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED (AGES 18-25 in the United States) TO PARTICIPATE IN AN ANONYMOUS INTERNET SURVEY (Department of Psychology, University of Maryland, College Park)

PURPOSE: I am a graduate student at the University of Maryland, College Park, and I am conducting this survey as part of my dissertation. My goal is to increase understanding of young adults' use of various substances (Ecstasy, amphetamines, LSD, cocaine powder, psilocybin mushrooms, heroin, and prescription drugs in a non-prescribed manner) in the United States, with a particular focus on Ecstasy.

COMPENSATION: After completing the survey, you will have the option to enter a lottery for one of five $50 prizes. In order to participate in the lottery, you will need to provide an email address that will not be connected in any way to the information you provide in the survey. You can create a free email at yahoo (www.yahoo.com), or any of a number of free web portals. If you are a winner in the lottery, your email address will be given to PayPal, an internet payment service. Winners will receive an email from PayPal which will provide instructions for how to open a free PayPal account to which the $50 will be credited. You will then have the option to transfer the $50 to a checking account, request a check, or send the $50 to someone else. For more information on how PayPal can be used to make this anonymous payment, go to: http://www.PayPal.com.

CRITERIA:
(1) Live in the United States
(2) Between the ages of 18 and 25, AND
(3) Have used Ecstasy OR at least 2 of the following substances: marijuana, amphetamines, LSD, cocaine powder, psilocybin mushrooms, heroin, or prescription drugs in a non-prescribed manner

For further information, send an email to [email protected]

The University of Maryland, College Park Psychology Department’s Clinical Psychology Program webpage can be viewed at:
http://www.bsos.umd.edu/psyc/clinicalpsyc

Do you really think it sucks?

I did focus groups on campus and interviewed Ecstasy users. They were so cool about being open and honest about their experiences. I learned so much from them. Some love E and say it is the best and others had some really horrific experiences and say they wouldnt touch it with a 10 ft pole (is that the right expression)? An obvious factor is the source :) Seems like people either love it or won't touch it. Some said they loved sex on E and others said they wished they had never done so. Though not part of my research, I'm curious as to why people do or do not prefer E to other drugs. Seems like a very individualized thing. Can't generalize :)

Last edited:
THANKS for your help:)

I just wanted to say thanks a bunch for all of your support and help. I appreciate the time you have taken to fill out my survey and the awesome feedback you have provided :D

Thanks for making me feel so welcome and giving me the opportunity to learn from you!

Kira

Of Course

Depends on what you mean by "down" :) I am studying to be a clinical psychologist so I'll answer your ? from that perspective. I think we all get "down" at various points. This may sound kind of strange, but I am glad that I have had periods where I felt "down" because that has enabled me to truly appreciate life. I am a very sensitive person which makes me more vulnerable, but also enables me to feel things more intensely then some others which is something I now love about myself.

:)
Kira

From a fellow persons perspective, not a clinical one, do you take ecstacy ?

^From the interpretation of your original question, I am going to guess no :).

I will participate because in 2 years I am sure that I will be conducting the same research study.

Can't say that I have :( I am still working on learning all the rolling lingo, but you guys have been great teachers :)

Last edited:
UMD GradStudent said:
Can't say that I have :( I am still working on learning all the rolling lingo, but you guys have been great teachers :)

Don't bother. Eat some LSD!

Or go ahead and try MDMA. But then make sure you take some LSD or mushrooms or any *good* psychedelic so you realize what real "ecstasy" is.

Just my advice. BTW I've taken ecstasy/MDMA probably around 30-50 times. I doubt I will take it again any time soon unless I'm at a festival and can't resist ;)

Hi All!

My name is Kira and I'm a graduate student at the University of Maryland, College Park. I am looking for participants to complete a survey for my research study. Please take a look below for a brief description. If you happen to have any ideas for where else I could recruit participants, I would greatly appreciate your help :)

If you would like to participate in my survey, please click on this link:
http://cgi.umd.edu/survey/display?UMD/SURVEY

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED (AGES 18-25 in the United States) TO PARTICIPATE IN AN ANONYMOUS INTERNET SURVEY (Department of Psychology, University of Maryland, College Park)

PURPOSE: I am studying young adults' use of various substances (Ecstasy, amphetamines, LSD, cocaine powder, psilocybin mushrooms, heroin, and prescription drugs in a non-prescribed manner) in the United States, with a particular focus on Ecstasy.

COMPENSATION: After completing the survey, you will have the option to enter a lottery for one of five $50 prizes.

CRITERIA:
(1) Live in the United States
(2) Between the ages of 18 and 25, AND
(3) Have used Ecstasy OR at least 2 of the following substances: marijuana, amphetamines, LSD, cocaine powder, psilocybin mushrooms, heroin, or prescription drugs in a non-prescribed manner

The University of Maryland, College Park Psychology Department’s Clinical Psychology Program webpage can be viewed at: http://www.bsos.umd.edu/psyc/clinicalpsyc

For further information, please send an email to [email protected]

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
Kira

I'm going to shift this one over to North America Drug Discussion, that seems like the most useful place for it to go :)

NADD mods, if this ain't right, then please act appropriately :)

CB :)

Which is your favorite SMILEY?

I just wanted to comment that I love all the smileys that I can choose from, and I'm feeling these 2 are the most appropriate right now 8( :eek:

I am now double posted and I don't know how to delete an entire thread.
Can anyone help me out so I am not the ultimate SPAMMER? 8o

Bye the way, which is your favorite SMILEY?

Thanks,
Kira

PHEW, moderator just got back to me and said not to sweat it :)

Last edited: