Please Take My School Survey on Substance Use: Opportunity to win $50 4 Participation

Erowid.org if you look in the 'chemicals' section it lists them all with effects and information. DOB, 2CI, 2CT2, 5MEOAMT, ect ect ect...

How close are we to seeing some tentative results ?

psychetool said:
Erowid.org if you look in the 'chemicals' section it lists them all with effects and information. DOB, 2CI, 2CT2, 5MEOAMT, ect ect ect...

How close are we to seeing some tentative results ?

Thanks, I agree, Erowid is awesome =D
I need 12 more participants to fill my last group of ecstasy users. So close :) Am gonna meet with my advisor next week to go over how to anaylze the data and run the stats.

...and somehow, the advisor won the lottery ;)

Glad to see you're still with us. Erowid can be a great knowledge source, but they aren't half as cool as our jaded ravers. Hmmm, maybe we could get bumper stickers like 'Our jaded ravers just blew up your jaded ravers in their e-puddle' =D

TheLoveBandit said:
...and somehow, the advisor won the lottery ;)

Glad to see you're still with us. Erowid can be a great knowledge source, but they aren't half as cool as our jaded ravers. Hmmm, maybe we could get bumper stickers like 'Our jaded ravers just blew up your jaded ravers in their e-puddle' =D

What would be even better would be if I won =D
We should have a contest. E knowlege (Bluelight vs Erowid users) ;)

I'm guessing no one from BL won last week's lottery :( Last lottery will be this FRIDAY 1/20/06. Hopefully this will be the last, unless I'm desperate for those last 12 participants and decide to fork over another $50 8o

Here's one cool tidbit of data thus far I just looked at:

12.1 % of E users who completed the survey reported that they tested their pills %)

UMD GradStudent said:
What would be even better would be if I won =D
We should have a contest. E knowlege (Bluelight vs Erowid users) ;)

I'm guessing no one from BL won last week's lottery :( Last lottery will be this FRIDAY 1/20/06. Hopefully this will be the last, unless I'm desperate for those last 12 participants and decide to fork over another $50 8o

Here's one cool tidbit of data thus far I just looked at:

12.1 % of E users who completed the survey reported that they tested their pills %)

I'll get you 12 more... Under 25 right?!?

12.1% is way too low!!! It is what keeps bunk pill dealers in business..

Congrats on making it through your internship at a psych hospital. I did a year that way, it was tough and I do not think I will ever be the same since.

Insurance does dictate treatment and it is sick!! You are ready for your Ph.D. if you know that! :) Just stand by your guns and learn to use the pills as a form of treatment but not as the only way! Part of the problem is most programs now-a-days can teach you to memorize the DSM but can not teach you how to treat anything. There is an art to talking to someone, getting them to open up, getting them to look at the deepest parts of their mind and solve the problems that might not be noticeable! It is much easier to give a pill that makes them not remember that they have a deep part to their mind! Best of luck!

Xyzpdq0121 said:
I'll get you 12 more... Under 25 right?!?

12.1% is way too low!!! It is what keeps bunk pill dealers in business..

Yes, ages 18-25 (including 18 and 25) THANKS =D When I get the data organized and into SPSS, I can get some more interesting stats specific to Bluelighters who did the survey. I'm sure the number of E users who test pills is much higher from this site :) If I have enough participants (statistically speaking), I'd like to be able to compare participants from "harm reduction" websites and "non-harm reduction" sites. That would make for some great data to publish (assuming what I think the results ought to be)! Maybe even help get BL some funding =D It's funny how what I thought was important to look at when I developed my survey is only part of what I wish I had done. I think I just got another idea for a new study :)

Xyzpdq0121 said:
Congrats on making it through your internship at a psych hospital. I did a year that way, it was tough and I do not think I will ever be the same since.

Insurance does dictate treatment and it is sick!! You are ready for your Ph.D. if you know that! :) Just stand by your guns and learn to use the pills as a form of treatment but not as the only way! Part of the problem is most programs now-a-days can teach you to memorize the DSM but can not teach you how to treat anything. There is an art to talking to someone, getting them to open up, getting them to look at the deepest parts of their mind and solve the problems that might not be noticeable! It is much easier to give a pill that makes them not remember that they have a deep part to their mind! Best of luck!

It really was quite disillusioning. I spent my last 4 month rotation on an inpatient child and adolescent unit (Ages 4-17). Avg length of stay was less than a week, even for kids with a suicide attempt. It was triage. Docs typically prescribed, I did one or 2 family and some individual sessions, they went to groups on the unit and out they went. Sometimes with a good referral, and other times not. I'd try to make an appt for them for followup and it was so difficult to find providers who were taking patients and who had an appointment less than a month away. INSANE. Fortunately, I think we had a good cognitive-behaviorally based treatment program and progress was evident for many, but so many were shoved out the door long before they were ready because insurance wouldn't cover it. Patients care was dictated by which insurance comapny and the coverage they had. I learned quickly how to work the system :p

I think that you will find that 12.5% is above the norm for pill testers... Even if you own a testing kit, I do not think that most test their pill every time. They need to make a portable test that is easy to take to clubs!

It is good to see another in the field who understands that the field is broken because of HMOs and PPOs. Learn to work the system and treat as many as you can. It is a loosing battle but at least a small amount of good is still good! You would not know how many people I treat for free or next to nothing just so I can get around HMOs. The days of the 1980's (When my parents were psychologist) and making good money is over. Now you do it for the love of it or you better think about something else to do!

Ok back on topic, I put out an APB to some "friends" and you should have more then enough to finish your study within the hour. Post results because I am very interested. (Even though I could not see the questions asked because I am over 25...) How about a study of MDMA use in Older adults. You want to talk about some interesting results!

Last edited:
Xyzpdq0121 said:
I think that you will find that 12.5% is above the norm for pill testers... Even if you own a testing kit, I do not think that most test their pill every time. They need to make a portable test that is easy to take to clubs!

It is good to see another in the field who understands that the field is broken because of HMOs and PPOs. Learn to work the system and treat as many as you can. It is a loosing battle but at least a small amount of good is still good! You would not know how many people I treat for free or next to nothing just so I can get around HMOs. The days of the 1980's (When my parents were psychologist) and making good money is over. Now you do it for the love of it or you better think about something else to do!

Ok back on topic, I put out an APB to some "friends" and you should have more then enough to finish your study within the hour. Post results because I am very interested. (Even though I could not see the questions asked because I am over 25...) How about a study of MDMA use in Older adults. You want to talk about some interesting results!

Yup, definitely not in it for the money. I'm in debt up the wazoo from school 8(
It's the progress in my patients that keeps me going.

Thanks for the APB! You are welcome to flip through the webpages if you'd like, just don't click done at the end :) You will understand why I said that hindsight is 20/20. I would no longer use some of the established measures that I included because they had been validated in the literature. I can't tell you how many valid comments I got about problems with these measures. Not to mention how long they made my survey :( I take pride in the measures that I wrote myself. Maybe they will become a standard in the literature =D

As far as "Older Adults," what age range are you referring to. I or my mother may take offense to that :p

HEHE I am an Older MDMA user I think (Pushing 30) But how about older pertaining to 25-45 year old adults. I am not aware of a study that has been done within this age range. I think people would be surprised to find the percentage of adults in that range that use illegal substances. Your banker, your doctor, your school teachers, your psychologist :) All members of society that enjoy responsible drug use in safe and controlled ways. I mean MDMA started in Dallas with "older" adults and I am sure, yes many younger kids still use, but you would find a large amount of the old school generation do as well....

I did take a look at your survey, I can see where some changes might be made but it is good overall. I can tell what types of correlations you are trying to observe. I would like to see what you come up with as a second survey now that you have learned somethings about the drug culture. (I gather that you have never really done drugs other then weed in the past.)

Xyzpdq0121 said:
HEHE I am an Older MDMA user I think (Pushing 30) But how about older pertaining to 25-45 year old adults. I am not aware of a study that has been done within this age range. I think people would be surprised to find the percentage of adults in that range that use illegal substances. Your banker, your doctor, your school teachers, your psychologist :) All members of society that enjoy responsible drug use in safe and controlled ways. I mean MDMA started in Dallas with "older" adults and I am sure, yes many younger kids still use, but you would find a large amount of the old school generation do as well....

I did take a look at your survey, I can see where some changes might be made but it is good overall. I can tell what types of correlations you are trying to observe. I would like to see what you come up with as a second survey now that you have learned somethings about the drug culture. (I gather that you have never really done drugs other then weed in the past.)

I have really enjoyed reading the posts both of you have made in the past few days. :) I'd qualify in the group of "old schoolers" that would also love to see a study of users in "our" age range. (I'd say 25-45 is an excellent range.) Of course, (most of) us older users are much more informed about the abuse/tolerance of ecstasy and do not use as much as the younger folks do. But, I do know 50+ year olds that use ecstasy a few times a year. ;)

I fall into the same age range as you, Xyzpdq, but a little bit over that dreaded 30 mark. lol I also feel that people would be surprised if they really knew who us old folks were that still "roll"...like you said...psychologists (yep I know one too! lol), accountants, even executives.....

And I am so surprised to see that at least 12% actually test! I thought it would be much lower than that. Yay for the testers!

:)

RavenousBlonde said:
I have really enjoyed reading the posts both of you have made in the past few days. :) I'd qualify in the group of "old schoolers" that would also love to see a study of users in "our" age range. (I'd say 25-45 is an excellent range.) Of course, (most of) us older users are much more informed about the abuse/tolerance of ecstasy and do not use as much as the younger folks do. But, I do know 50+ year olds that use ecstasy a few times a year. ;)

I fall into the same age range as you, Xyzpdq, but a little bit over that dreaded 30 mark. lol I also feel that people would be surprised if they really knew who us old folks were that still "roll"...like you said...psychologists (yep I know one too! lol), accountants, even executives.....

And I am so surprised to see that at least 12% actually test! I thought it would be much lower than that. Yay for the testers!

:)

Lets here it for the older crowd!!! :)

Yes, I do think that we do it more responsible but we kind of have the "been there, done that" mentality that lets us know that taking 10 pills in a night might not be the best idea! I think that so many people would be surprised if they knew who rolled... And it is funny because the public's perception is it is the raver high schoolers or the crack addict on the street corner. Little do they know it is the head accountant for the third largest company in the world and a Top executive for the largest company in the world, it is the ER doctor that is treating you when you break your arm and the nurse that is delivering your baby, a VP for a major bank and your loan officer when you go to refinance you house! (All some of my normal friends who use E) I listen to the government studies and listen to people on the street and just giggle to myself, "How clueless is normal society?!?" It is not that I feel that everyone should use MDMA, it is that I feel like not everyone shouldn't! I think there are certain people in this world that can handle the use of a drug like MDMA and for those people, I say congrats, here is a glow stick! What upsets me is the governments fear of what the public would do if they told the truth about drugs and how it would minimize the control over the public that the government holds! What upsets me is the lack of education of the public, by the government and other sources, that is doing more harm then good. I was hoping steps in the right direction were being taken a few years ago when ABC did the Peter Jennings Special on E. But, it was short lived!

Lottery Winner Selected

Hi All,

Hopefully one of you has an extra $50 in your pocket. Let me know if ya won and how ya spend it =D

Thanks again,
Kira

UMD GradStudent said:
Hi All,

Hopefully one of you has an extra $50 in your pocket. Let me know if ya won and how ya spend it =D

Thanks again,
Kira
I guess your reaserch is probably over now, but I was going to do the survey to help you out, but then discovered I wasnt qualified to do so because of my age. Im curious to know did you ever try MDMA or any other illegal drugs? If you dont care to answer, thats fine im just curious. Thanks and good luck with school and your survey! :)

Last edited:
Rolling Stoned said:
I guess your reaserch is probably over now, but I was going to do the survey to help you out, but then discovered I wasnt qualified to do so because of my age. Im curious to know did you ever try MDMA or any other illegal drugs? If you dont care to answer, thats fine im just curious. Thanks and good luck with school and your survey! :)

Thanks, I appreciate your willingness to help! I was hoping to be done collecting data, but not quite yet :( I am having a hard time filling one of my groups of ecstasy users (have to meet certain criteria), so the lottery continues. Good for participants, bad for my pocekt 8o I am going to pass on answering your questions, given that my name is fully disclosed all over the internet and I want to be able to graduate in May =D

UMD GradStudent said:
Thanks, I appreciate your willingness to help! I was hoping to be done collecting data, but not quite yet :( I am having a hard time filling one of my groups of ecstasy users (have to meet certain criteria), so the lottery continues. Good for participants, bad for my pocekt 8o I am going to pass on answering your questions, given that my name is fully disclosed all over the internet and I want to be able to graduate in May =D
No problem I completely understand. ;)

Good luck and keep us posted on what you found out in your research! :)

UMD GradStudent said:
I was hoping to be done collecting data, but not quite yet :( I am having a hard time filling one of my groups of ecstasy users (have to meet certain criteria), so the lottery continues.

What criteria? Granted, we know you've missed a good number of candidates due to the fact that they are old farts and beyond your age restriction ;) but what group are you still trying to fill? If you tell us the criteria, I might be able to find some useful candidates and kick them in the head a bit :D

TheLoveBandit said:
What criteria? Granted, we know you've missed a good number of candidates due to the fact that they are old farts and beyond your age restriction ;) but what group are you still trying to fill? If you tell us the criteria, I might be able to find some useful candidates and kick them in the head a bit :D

Are you calling me an old fart :p