Why hasn't the Meth Epidemic spread?

CreativeRandom

Ex-Bluelighter
Why hasn't the Meth Epidemic of the West, Midwest, and South, not hit the East Coast? On a similiar note... why hasn't methamphetamine risen to epidemic levels in places other than Japan and the majority of the U.S.?

Do you think it is a matter of time before it occurs? Or is there a reason for the containment?

On a similiar note, you could compare the Meth Epidemic to the AIDS epidemic. Both are in extremely high rates in certain areas, but have yet to spread to epidemic levels in other areas. Both are considered extremely easy to spread.

Perhaps this question may be more deeply rooted in the sociological aspect of epidemics.

Perhaps this question may be more deeply rooted in the sociological aspect of epidemics.

no offense to anyone before i start...just goin by what i see in my area

meth tends to be used almost exclusively, by mexicans, rednecks, and asains here in southern california...i myself, id say im a redneck...tho im more of a computer geek than anything else.... but thats how i see it....meth use is more prevelant in areas with high concentrations of hispanic and asain populations, and mostly the rednecks cook their own backyard meth....

or i could be all wrong...but thats how im lookin at the situation....

I have a feeling one reason the meth epidemic hasn't spread is because out east there aren't as places as conducent for production. Out west there are a lot of sparse areas where one can easily hide a meth lab. It's a little harder to hide a meth lab in an area like NYC.

There's enough cocaine in the Northeast, nobody even wants meth out here.

i recently found out i could get meth here in the NE.
It is very rare though.
IMO though, it will make its way east sooner or later. Hopefully later.

bluedolphin said:

That's what I was going to say. Tons of blow around NE. There are tons of forests in CT, Upstate NY, VT, NH, Maine. I am surprised it isn't bad in Maine to be honest. From what I hear there isn't that much cocaine and maine has a large number of drug users and I don't think that much coke, but I don't really know, that's just what I have heard. In CT (my home state) coke is a fact of life. Never done it, but I don't bat an eye when people talk about it. (granted most people on this board don't, but if H or meth or even lsd where mentioned I would be more inclinted to listen, but so many people do coke, its normal to hear)

bluedolphin said:
but meth is soo much better than coke, at least in my opinion, but I suppose it is in the end a lack of demand issue

There's quite a high rate of meth usage here in New Zealand. Mainly (I think) because it's easy to make - we can make it here, whereas it's hard to get coke, or to get precursors for MDMA.

p3n1x said:
meth tends to be used almost exclusively, by mexicans, rednecks, and asains here in southern california...i myself, id say im a redneck...tho im more of a computer geek than anything else.... but thats how i see it....meth use is more prevelant in areas with high concentrations of hispanic and asain populations, and mostly the rednecks cook their own backyard meth....

I live in the south; Dallas, TX.
I like meth a lot.
AND GET THIS.
I'm also asian.

p3n1x, your deductions are coming true, you might be the next Nostradamus.

No, not really, I think what you said is a tad racist. I know you meant nothing by it, and I didn't take any offence. I just wanted to point out that drugs don't hinder to a specific race, I belive it's the availability of the drug. More of it is made in the south, thus being easier to get. If all the labs were in Maine and NY, then the "epidemic" would be moving Southwest.

Meth is color blind.

ps. I don't want you to take this as a personal attack, I was only kidding. :)

to be fair there are people who do meth here in the northeast....however no you dont see meth addicts runnin round like you do in the mid-west. why? socio-economic and cultural reasons, i suppose. meth is much cheaper than coke and im sure most users cant afford a good dose of blow. regardless im not sure its an either/or situation. i think its more cultural...its just the thing to do in the midwest if you wanna get into the scene, im guessing.

lonely_arm. nope no offense taken, i was more worried about my post offending :( but yea, it seems in certain regions with a higher demographic than others, and the drug is just more prevelant....

meh...i was spun last nite, ate some kolonopins, and slept...6 hours sleep :) time to wake up n hit the pipe...its the weekend baby! or as i say, the tweekend!

and yes, all drugs are color blind. as well as blind to a persons social class so to speak.

meth is a drug i associate with white trash, and theres really not a lot of that around here in in the ny/nj/ct area. Where there's white trash, theres meth. its as simple as that.

PS i love to sleep too much to do meth. what do you do all those hours awake while everyone else is sleeping?? BLECH

smoke more meth? hehe, play video games. geek out on the computers. mostly i just get spun up, then 4 to 8 hours l8r im eatin some benzos and alcohol so i can get some rest. yea it sucks to be up all nite sometimes, so i always try to sleep..i hate that feelin bein up more tha a day.

I know that meth is readily available in the gay scene in NYC and most other bigger cities(It's fucking huge here in Chi at the gay bars, clubs, saunas and what have you). They use it to be able to stay up and fuck all night, which I'm sure it's great for. That being said I would assume that it hasn't permeated other scenes or cultures just because of a simple lack of demand. It's really easy to set up a meth lab and if there were enough people wanting to buy it in the NE I'm sure they would start popping up all over.

jr0k

btw Labs definitely don't have to be in the middle of nowhere. I'm sure it's much safer that way in case they blow up, but I read about meth labs being busted almost weekly here in the windy(and it is oh so) city.

wonder why it isnt popular in the straight scene so much to stay up n fuck all nite...i mean its great when me n the lady stay up banging all nite its awesome....but meh. its all subjective i guess...bang bang bang

Ive seen meth around the North East going on 10+ years now .......kids used to sell it at "raves" callin it glass or what ever the newest slang was at the time8)

i took some pills once that had a load of meth in them and i ended up taking 3 before i realized it and i was up for 3 days. that shit sucked. i couldnt even smoke weed it would bring it all back. i ate a half of a banana and a slice of bread in those three days and stared at the ceiling while my friends slept. not my idea of fun but hey whatever floats your boat.

jr0k said:
btw Labs definitely don't have to be in the middle of nowhere. I'm sure it's much safer that way in case they blow up, but I read about meth labs being busted almost weekly here in the windy(and it is oh so) city.
I imagine the fact that they are not in the middle of nowhere as being part of the reason they're being busted on such a frequent basis. Could be people getting a whiff of the chemicals, seeing odd things occurring, etc... problems labs don't really face in more rural areas