• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Maximum safe dose?

beyond-infinity

Bluelighter
What's the maximum 'safe' dose of mdma over a length of time?
I've heard that 500mg in one hit can be lethal. Don't know how true that is considering some people drop pills like there's no tomorrow

If you are taking pure MDMA, the chances are 500 won't kill you. There are reports of people taking upward 50 pills and living to tell about it. MDMA doesn't seem to have a lethal dose as long as you abide by the safety rules: drinking water and gatoraid. I mean there will always be someone who dies from an overdose, but from what I've heard over the years people die because of dehydration, not too much E.

Edit: Though certainly none of this is advised.

500 wouldnt kill you, but youd feel pretty fuckin sketched out for a good week straight after that, and probably do some damage to your body. It is not worth it.

I find that very hard to believe. Even if they there was only 40mg of MDMA in each one (which isnt exactly decent as u described) thats 1800mg. 8(

There is no maximum safe dose. MDMA is not safe at any dose. What you need to weigh up is the risks of a particular dose against the benefit obtained. Obviously higher doses carry a larger risk.

Look down the bottom of this page:
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS "SAFE" DRUG USE!

Jewfolife16 said:
If you are taking pure MDMA, the chances are 500 won't kill you. There are reports of people taking upward 50 pills and living to tell about it. MDMA doesn't seem to have a lethal dose as long as you abide by the safety rules: drinking water and gatoraid. I mean there will always be someone who dies from an overdose, but from what I've heard over the years people die because of dehydration, not too much E.

Edit: Though certainly none of this is advised.

This is rubbish. There's a lethal dose for everything, water and oxygen included.

Eating 50 pills in one go has a pretty damned high chance of killing you if you ask me. Just because one person survives doesn't mean that you will. Death rates are normally distributed...

I found this in the MDMA: essential guide link at the top of this forum where everyone who use this forum should look before they go cluttering it up with dumb shit:

Myth: You will die if you take more than five pills in a night
Source: poster on bolt.com
You are putting yourself at greater risk by taking more pills. However, you are still very unlikely to die from taking five pills in a night. This statement is meaningless anyway, as the strength of pills varies so much. There are pills which are tested as containing 20-30mg of MDMA, and others which contain 150mg. So one of the 150mg pills would be as strong as 5 30mg pills.

The LD50 of MDMA is 80mg/kg of bodyweight. (The LD50 is the dose at which half the experimental subjects died). So if you weigh 70kg, you would need to take 5600mg to be in serious danger. This is at least 50 or 60 good pills.

It should be remembered that even one pill can lead to death by dehydration, or overheating, or water intoxication.

Also, higher consumption of MDMA is likely to lead to greater problems with depression or memory loss. It’s more likely that heavy use will lead to these problems, rather than to actual death.

That LD50 is based on rats, from memory. No human LD50 has ever been properly discovered, largely because it's not ethical to try and kill humans to discover a LD50.

People can and DO die from one or two pills; clearly there's a large environmental component, but that's not something you can remove...

Yeah, I fully appreciate that, but what I was getting at was that if people read the shit that rights in front of them, they would ask questions like "What's the maximum safe does of mdma over a length of time??"

Next thread topic:

How long is a piece of fucking string???

I think I had somewhere between 300-500 mg one night

It seemed to stop doing much around 180mg id say

basically you dont need a very high lethal enough dose

VelocideX said:
This is rubbish. There's a lethal dose for everything, water and oxygen included.

Eating 50 pills in one go has a pretty damned high chance of killing you if you ask me. Just because one person survives doesn't mean that you will. Death rates are normally distributed...

Meh I kinda meant that there isn't a set lethal dose, my analogy to how there are reports of 50 pills being taken and them living was saying that sometimes people just are very resilient, then i said how some people are very sensitive, and therefor have a very high liklihood of overdosing.

the way i look at it, every person is different. there was 1 night i dropped a shitload of pills (dont even ask how many cos i cant remember. it wasnt anywhere near 50 but) and my friends told me that i was standing on the edge of the dancefloor looking like i had a stroke (1 side of my face was drooping). i didnt really have any negative effects, but i went to work the next day feeling real shitty. so i reckon, as with any drug, its very individual.

Well it would seem the amount of mdma needed to o.d. is MUCH higher than i thought. Always good to know incase I go on a mad one (paranoia sucks!) =D

And if you do take ridiculous amount of e and put yourself at risk would that be from neurological problems, liver problems or something else? I would have thought it would be just plain old heart attack or stroke from too much cns stimulation.

why would you take 45 pills in less then an hour unless you wanted to kill yourself ?

I don't get this thread, unless it's just for amusement.

I mean if someone says it's 50 pills, are you gonna take 51 just to prove em wrong (or right!).

the thing that has already been established is that we are ALL different and my personal chemistry is gonna let me do some shit that maybe yours isn't. It could even depend on the time of day and what you had for breakfast.

If it's so peeps can brag about taking lots, then they're amateurs playing at a professional game and need to get on track before they do themselves some serious damage.

:X :X :X

That, my friend, is known as an enlightening experience:)

You found out something important - rejoice, don't regret=D

Battie said:
I took 45 decent pills... in a very short amount of time, less than an hour. that's a lot more than 500mg, and i'm not sure i even WANT to know how much MDMA i ingested that night.

So you sat there eating a pill a minute 8(
That's ...
70mg x 45 = ~ 3g of MDMA (Or whatever the active ingredient was)
130mg x 45 = ~ 6g Fillers/Shit.

You are joking?
I would hazard a guess you'd be vomiting after the first 10.
While not outside the realms of possibility ... I think you lost count somewhere along the lines.

why do people always put so few trust in other's words, I mean there are ALOT of STUPID people around that do that kind of stuff so I don't doubt his words one bit, I've seen others take 15+ in one evening, heard different stories about 25-30 pill nights. Never about 45 in one hour though, seems like as soon as it starts hitting it would knock you out indeed.. I know someday I will probably pop 10+ good MDA pills to see how hard I can trip on mda, and I already know that I'll feel like shit for a good time after that.

Sprinklervibes said:
why do people always put so few trust in other's words, I mean there are ALOT of STUPID people around that do that kind of stuff so I don't doubt his words one bit

Taking 45 pills in a night is plausible but sitting eating a pill a minute .... come on ... without throwing up!! I find it highly improbable although as I said not outwith the realms of possibilty *shrugs*

As an attempt at suicide then it's certainly more plausible or having a serious mental issue but to get high!? Anyway there are far more effective ways to kill yourself.